Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to make same gender birth special

I have 5 boys and I'm expecting again. I went into it knowing that it would be 99% a boy. But still there was a tiny hope. I failed at the one attempt because I was doing e4d and ovulation just popped in there so i was impatient to wait for the next month. I went for Sunday bd and on Wednesday, I ovulated so i just threw in another attempt. I know 1 attempt isnt guaranteed but you know it's easy to kick yourself for not doing it all. I'm fairly certain it's a boy and I could have found out about 6 weeks ago. But I'm struggling with going through with the ultrasound and canceled it. I just keep remembering the moments when I saw my previous others genitalia. I keep having the dreams and reliving the moments over and over and it's so painful. I will be totally fine after that moment. But I'm so scared of that pain. I wont cry forever. I will love this baby and really just hope its healthy and a good baby. But being that I would like to be prepared for the eventual sonogram I'm looking for ideas. After so many boys and sharing clothing and everything... and them all being practically identical.... how can I make this more exciting. Last baby I bought new clothing but it just was a waste of money. Still felt like the same thing over. They literally look like identical children. What can I do to make my final baby new and exciting and not repetitive. I'm so excited and I got a new toy and baby bag... but any ideas? Maybe I'll make a corner of the room into a cute DIY nursery. I've never had a nursery before. So in shared rooms, I can try to whip something affordable up....

Any ideas... beautiful boys names? Anything?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2. Likes atomic sagebrush, Parying4agirl liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m so sorry you’re so stressed about this. I just wanted to throw it in here that you are absolutely not out yet until you know forsure! It is still absolutely possible! My sister in law just had a girl after 3 boys, just by DTD constantly to get pregnant. She didn’t find out the gender until birth and we were all over the moon for her. As well as when I had my daughter (one boy one girl) I didn’t sway or anything I was just young newly married and wanted a baby ASAP. I literally think we DTD every day and some weeks to every other day for the whole month! Now that I know more about this stuff I wouldn’t recommend it or try get a girl this way but it did happen to me! Also, do you mean you DTD Sunday and then Wednesday? Because that is perfect e4d...Or did you also add an attempt between that? Either way, if you swayed a little it will help too! I really hope this works out how your heart desires. If it puts your fears at ease to face it and find out, you may be pleasantly surprised! Or you can find out and put it past you. Wishing you the best. My 6 and half year old daughter is a girl in an extended family of what feels like a military of boys. I’m praying so hard she gets the sister she has been begging for. But I know we can all agree let’s pray for health first and foremost.

4. Thanks Mom25boys thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Blessedbymybabies View Post
    I’m so sorry you’re so stressed about this. I just wanted to throw it in here that you are absolutely not out yet until you know forsure! It is still absolutely possible! My sister in law just had a girl after 3 boys, just by DTD constantly to get pregnant. She didn’t find out the gender until birth and we were all over the moon for her. As well as when I had my daughter (one boy one girl) I didn’t sway or anything I was just young newly married and wanted a baby ASAP. I literally think we DTD every day and some weeks to every other day for the whole month! Now that I know more about this stuff I wouldn’t recommend it or try get a girl this way but it did happen to me! Also, do you mean you DTD Sunday and then Wednesday? Because that is perfect e4d...Or did you also add an attempt between that? Either way, if you swayed a little it will help too! I really hope this works out how your heart desires. If it puts your fears at ease to face it and find out, you may be pleasantly surprised! Or you can find out and put it past you. Wishing you the best. My 6 and half year old daughter is a girl in an extended family of what feels like a military of boys. I’m praying so hard she gets the sister she has been begging for. But I know we can all agree let’s pray for health first and foremost.
    Thanks for your comforting words. I did sway. I did the diet and exercise and fiber. It was e4d but the shortest amount of time. I wanted to go Sunday to Thursday and then Tuesday I got a surprisingly early +opk. So i waited until Wednesday because Tuesday was way too close. I know i am not out until I'm out. But if i could find comforting ways to tell myself how awesome it will be and prepare for a boy in fun ways, i will be ok. And i was ok having 6 boys before i started. I went in like that. Still hopeful, but assuming boy. It's just the moment i'm so scared for. Its this heart dropping moment than I can never forget. Its just a moment, but it would be easier if I could think of exciting ways to welcome a probable boy number 6. I don't have a lot of money so it can't be crazy... but nursery ideas I guess can be a start. I never did that before... because the baby sleeps in my room in a bassinet for the first many months for nursing. But maybe I can decorate a corner in my room ... just looking for ideas to make it less redundant and more exciting.

6. Likes Blessedbymybabies liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh I understand! You should know though that DTD Sunday and Wednesday IS every 4 days. I didn’t know til recently but Atomic considers e4d either every 72 hours OR every 96 hours (96 hours being slightly less chance of conception for some) if you had been DTD Sunday and Thursday that’s more of 5 days and way too long. What you did was great time, I think even with that positive OPK the fresh sperm would have probably caught the egg and old ones die off. I’m sure Atomic will have some advice but I would think that is what would have happened because there is enough time in between those days! I concieved this pregnancy I’m in on a Monday night/ Thursday night cycle and that is considered pink. I wish I could be more help in ways to make this new and exciting! Definitely decorate, baby shop if you’d like but maybe until you find out Forsure. I think pick some baby names too! Once you hold your baby the excitement will replace all else anyways! I do have to say I love large families like yours so you are also very lucky! It was always my dream. Life has different plans for me though lol if you do find out let us know!
    Last edited by Blessedbymybabies; February 4th, 2019 at 10:10 AM.

8. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't stress about the timing and frequency. I got a girl doing essentially Shettles for a boy, and then a girl DTD 4 times at ovulation after an EOD pattern -- literally twice on O day. And that second girl was with a hard, years long boy sway. People get both sexes doing both.

I feel for you. I want to tell you you don't know until you know, but people told me that for months while I was pretty damn sure our Team Green baby was a girl, so I'll take a different tactic and say that I understand you putting off finding out because that's what I did. But I had GD no matter what, which I'm seeing a lot of in you.

So I think it's great you're trying to do stuff to excite you. Name planning is a good one -- it's about the only thing that's ever helped me. Maybe focus on names that are significant to the specialness of a 6th boy, like a name around that number or the possible birth month. If it's a boy, of course Hoping so much you get your girl. GD feels like a cancer of the soul sometimes -- I wouldn't wish this misery on anyone.
    Last edited by Throwaway_panther; February 4th, 2019 at 11:18 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The baby of the family is always going to be a special experience because there's not going to be another one. You of course know this already but I've been stunned how very different all 4 of my boys are - it wasn't ever the same old same old the way I'd feared it would be with DS 3 and 4.

I agree about the name. Is there any name you ever really liked and then maybe your husband wouldn't agree to it? With our 4th, my husband suggested we use a name I'd always really liked and he had turned down and it really helped. I also gave my 4th boy my maiden name as his middle name and that helped me feel more connected (and he did end up being the child who looks the most like me, too!)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    The baby of the family is always going to be a special experience because there's not going to be another one. You of course know this already but I've been stunned how very different all 4 of my boys are - it wasn't ever the same old same old the way I'd feared it would be with DS 3 and 4.

I agree about the name. Is there any name you ever really liked and then maybe your husband wouldn't agree to it? With our 4th, my husband suggested we use a name I'd always really liked and he had turned down and it really helped. I also gave my 4th boy my maiden name as his middle name and that helped me feel more connected (and he did end up being the child who looks the most like me, too!)
    The thing about my kids is that they are nearly identical. I can not tell them apart in pictures and since majority is hand me down , its beyond difficult. Yesterday My neighbor attached walked into my house and called out to my 3 year old who was ignoring her. They are best of friends. Shes my friend but she adores my little one and had been around since hes born. She called him my almost 6 year old name and when I told her that, she was shocked. She was horrified really and confused. They look the same. So really i hope for a different look.

Names i always chose my favorite names... I'm out. Lol. Not that i even looked into girls names. Not one. I just ran out of favorites.

I decided to put the baby in the room with my almost 13 year olds room. So I'm going to decorate the other half of the room when I confirm the gender. Some budget friendly DIY. And then try to find a nice crib on craigslist.

Clothing I have none. So it will all be new.

I can do it. I'm not concerned about that. I am just dreading the moment. Literally the one moment. I will be totally fine after. I've done this enough times to believe it .

Thanks for ideas and comforting words.

Now names.....

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    Don't stress about the timing and frequency. I got a girl doing essentially Shettles for a boy, and then a girl DTD 4 times at ovulation after an EOD pattern -- literally twice on O day. And that second girl was with a hard, years long boy sway. People get both sexes doing both.

I feel for you. I want to tell you you don't know until you know, but people told me that for months while I was pretty damn sure our Team Green baby was a girl, so I'll take a different tactic and say that I understand you putting off finding out because that's what I did. But I had GD no matter what, which I'm seeing a lot of in you.

So I think it's great you're trying to do stuff to excite you. Name planning is a good one -- it's about the only thing that's ever helped me. Maybe focus on names that are significant to the specialness of a 6th boy, like a name around that number or the possible birth month. If it's a boy, of course Hoping so much you get your girl. GD feels like a cancer of the soul sometimes -- I wouldn't wish this misery on anyone.
    I know

I'm not team green. I'm definitely finding out. I need time to be completely ready at birth. I'm just so nervous about the moment seeing and hearing it. After I will pull myself together ....obviously after some tears. I did this many times.

Baby is due in June. Not a boys name... still not loving any names... I used all my favorites...

I hope things are getting better by you. Hugs

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to make same gender birth special

I had GD with my younger son and it really helped decorating his room, which has been the nursery for all 3 kids. I bought 4 cheap wrapped art canvases and painted different designs in some fun colors (my favorites) and stenciled Mickey Mouse on them. Then when we picked a name I bought cheap wood letters (Michaels or Joann's) and painted them the same colors as the canvas paintings I did. Being creative really helped me get into it. I also really liked the website Baby name genie, it's sort of silly but people write in and ask the genie to give them name suggestions and their is a name generator. It was a fun site to visit and it really helped. Sending your positive vibes.
    https://www.babynamegenie.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Hopefully Pink; February 6th, 2019 at 12:22 AM.

14. Thanks Mom25boys thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefully Pink View Post
    I had GD with my younger son and it really helped decorating his room, which has been the nursery for all 3 kids. I bought 4 cheap wrapped art canvases and painted different designs in some fun colors (my favorites) and stenciled Mickey Mouse on them. Then when we picked a name I bought cheap wood letters (Michaels or Joann's) and painted them the same colors as the canvas paintings I did. Being creative really helped me get into it. I also really liked the website Baby name genie, it's sort of silly but people write in and ask the genie to give them name suggestions and their is a name generator. It was a fun site to visit and it really helped. Sending your positive vibes.
    https://www.babynamegenie.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Great idea. Thanks so much. I'm gonna start looking out for coupons. I'm artistic so I can definitely do this. Its not a whole room so I'll do one whole wall. Starting with a name. Gonna check out the site

16. Likes Hopefully Pink liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast