Thread: Discouraged

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Discouraged

Hi everyone. I really don’t have anyone else to talk to. I feel embarrassed (and guilty) that I have this desire for a boy. I am so thankful for this healthy pregnancy and baby, but I can’t shake this gender desire. I’m 20 weeks pregnant, and we aren’t finding out gender til delivery. I feel like so many things point to this baby being another girl. My hcg was high in the early first trimester, which I’ve read could indicate a girl. I know several people having boys the month of my due date, and I just can’t help think I’ll have the girl. I mean, we can’t all have boys, right? I’m also a little concerned about something on the ultrasound. I’m not sure what it is exactly, but someone made the comment that the “canal” going from the bladder goes down and not up like a boy’s would. My DH doesn’t think it’s the urethra, but I don’t know. I posted the pic in the ultrasound forum. All these things together have me discouraged. Also, 2018 boy sways would have a success rate of 72% if I have a boy and 69% if I don’t. Has genderdreaming had above 70% success? I know that’s not exactly how statistics work, but I can’t help but think that. Thanks for listening and letting me vent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey dont feel bad or guilty about having a sepcific gender, i think most of us women have gone through that feeling at some stage so u are not alone! I for sure wanted a girl so badly when my 3 rd boy came along but team green helped as when i had him in my arms, nothing else mattered - just his health.
    I wouldnt go by symptoms, you have every chance of it being a boy. All my 4 pregnancies involved 3 months of sickness and i got 3 boys and a girl. All my scans showed something between the legs this last time and I was convinced I was having a boy but baby ended up all girl. Scans are decieving at times, especially when your trying to figure whats what but staying team green too.
    I wish u all the best x

3. Thanks Sillyginger thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That’s exactly why I’m still going team green! Once they’re in your arms nothing else matters! They’re so loved. Thanks for the support and solidarity. My husband keeps telling me to stop looking for gender clues, but I can’t help it!!!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, Sillyginger, HCG doesn't matter and what other people have or overall statistics do not matter AT ALL!! And if your u/s tech didn't comment on the sex you have every chance of being pregnant with a boy!!
    Congrats on you decision to stay team green. We're doing the same. I've swayed pink and I'm 150% convinced I'm pregnant with an opposite, but once he's here I'll get over it. But of course I'm obsessing over clues, too. Human nature!
    DW + DH +
    ... and due with another in Dec 2019 after a failed pink sway

6. Likes Sillyginger liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, just found our another person I know is having a boy. I don’t know why this makes me think I’m less likely to get my DG, but here I am.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillyginger View Post
    Well, just found our another person I know is having a boy. I don’t know why this makes me think I’m less likely to get my DG, but here I am.

You are not alone. I feel exactly the same way and that's okay. I feel like a lot of the reason we feel embarrassed about it is because when we try to open up to those around us about it they make us feel bad for feeling that way instead of truly letting us vent and work through it (at least in my case) so please vent on here to people who understand because this is exactly what I needed to read right now to know I'm not alone in this. I ache for a boy so bad and will obviously love any baby once in my arms, but it is still hard. Everyone around me is having boys and I feel like we will have the girl...again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

9. Thanks Sillyginger thanked for this post