Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Having my third boy and just sad

So I got my sneak peek results today- boy. This will be our third boy. I know that sneak peek can be wrong but I’m just certain that this is correct because I had zero cross contamination. I even did the test in my neighbour’s bathroom and she’s a single woman with no male DNA anywhere.

I wish I didn’t care so much. But I’m just so sad at the thought of never having a daughter, ever. This was a somewhat of a surprise pregnancy (not trying but not preventing) but there were lots of things that we were doing to inadvertently sway a girl (exercise, alcohol, I was on metformin, husband taking medication that’s supposed to lower sperm count, jump & dump, etc) so I was just really hoping this was my girl. And it’s not. I’m 35 so based on my age this will likely be our last.

Thanks for listening !

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I will issue my standard disclaimer about the Sneak Peek and yes it is still possible that it could get contamination on it from your own body - but for now let's assume the test is right.

We all wish we didn't care. Every single one of us loves our opposites with every fiber of our being and we all just wish so much that we could move past this desire.

I do want to mention that the "rule of 35" was based on data from the 1600's that was never questioned until recently. But we are finding using modern statistics that the chances of conception for women with proven fertility are staying up nicely until the late 30's in most cases, and even up till 43-44 in many people. I had my last three kids easily at 37, 39, and 42 (conceived at 41) and that's been the case for most people on this site.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes clarkrl2 liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your reply, you’re right I don’t have to be done just because I’m 35 (Actually hubby is open to a 4th) but I’m terrified of more GD if we ended up with 4 boys which I feel is likely. . I had an ultrasound today at 13 weeks 1 day and I told the tech that I had done the sneak peek and it said boy, she said she couldn’t confirm either way since “they all look like boys at this stage”, but for the rest of the appointment she was calling him “he” so I think she saw a clear sign of that. I didn’t really get a good nub shot Picture but I will post the ones I got. In any case I am feeling better already and looking forward to another snuggly baby boy. I know I may never get my girl but I am trying to make peace with it. Now to find some adorable boy clothes and a NAME which is going to be tricky.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cakepop; July 28th, 2020 at 10:25 PM.