Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just welcomed my second boy

So a week ago, I welcomed our second son.

He is delightful, sleeps a lot, no issues so far with breastfeeding , labor was great and my body didn’t barely suffer physically.

Everything perfect except I am so sad. So sad that I didn’t got my girl and everyone around me did. My husband is ok to try third time for a girl and do the whole swaying thing but I can’t think I could go through this, feeling this again in case it fails.

I really though after delivery the GD will go away but is very much here. I do love my sons but I’m so sad I ended up being a boys mum when I never wanted to be one (I would have been happy with only girls).

I really hope post partum hormones are affecting me. Anyone has been in this situation? I am
    Giving myself a couple or weeks and if not I will seek professional help - I don’t want to be sad.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations on your new little boy! I too had a second son in 2019 after a failed sway, and am reeling from a failed HT sway for a girl (we only had one female embryo out of 6, and she didn't take; it was a chemical). After the pregnancy loss, the two boys in my life started to seem like the miracles that they are, and I realized that any boy baby is better than no baby at all.

You don't feel it now, but it is wonderful to have two boys. The way mine play together and make each other laugh is a sight to behold. I always wanted a sister, and now mine will never lack for each other and have that same void in their life. The second one is so snuggly and has the bluest eyes and looks like me. He loves to dance and point out airplanes and pet dogs when we go for walks. I am grieving the loss of my girl too, and what never was, but am trying to focus on what I have, not what I don't. If after you get through the newborn phase, and want to try again, you can! We are going to TTC a girl naturally this time, and if we don't succeed, at least I know I tried my very best, and the universe wanted me to have three boys. Think of how great it is that they have each other and how much you will learn from life just for being a boy mom.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks a lot Cheekan.

Although I haven’t replied until now, I really appreciate your kind words - I read them when you wrote them and comforted me a lot.

I’m coming into terms slowly, still sad tbh but my family doesn’t deserve this, so I’m fighting it and trying not to think much about it, and seeing the great things of what I have.

Thanks again 🙂