Thread: Twin Boys

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Twin Boys

Hello...

I have one girl (my first), then three boys. Just got to know that most probably we will have identical boy twins this time. I am 39, this was our absolute last trial for the girl I am so desperately longing for since boy #2. How can I learn to cope with this? Is there anyone with a similar experience? I can’t say anything else than that I am horribly disappointed. All on top, there was a hint today that the twins could have complications one being too small. I can’t stop asking myself WHY we decided to try again. Being already more than overstrained with four children. Please, I need courage, comfort and personal experiences

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no I'm so sorry to read this - it does happen occasionally that people do get twin boys and it's excruciating. I think this will be our 3rd set - we had one other, but one was without swaying. This is the first set of identical twins that I can recall. Twin boys, particularly identical ones, are so special and rare, but I completely understand that wasn't what we were hoping for at all.

But can I ask who told you that it was most likely twin boys?? They aren't always right, and the way you have worded this sounds like there is still room for doubt?? What was this based on?

With identical twins there is definitely the risk of the one twin being too small. How certain are they that this is the case?? What are they going to have you do medically to ensure the babies continue developing normally?

The kids will adjust. It will be a lot, especially at first, but over time the kids will start doing more for themselves and it will get easier on you. It may even end up easier than what you're doing now. Kids often understand that the family has to pull together, and they can do a lot more to care for themselves and the house than they had been doing.

I hope and pray that this transition goes easy on you!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If it's any consolation, I'm friends with a lady that had three boys, decided to have just one more baby (she was very much hoping a girl) and had twin boys. She was very upset at first but seems happy now. I swear twins must be contagious because I've been seeing them everywhere lately! Were they sure both babies are boys? Ultrasound techs can be wrong. I hope they were incorrect and you have at least one girl in there, but if not, then I hope you are able to make peace with having these precious baby boys.

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, there still is a possibility that the tech was wrong, but I don’t believe it as I saw “it” too on both babies. As they are identical, they will have the same gender, so there’s no chance that “one could be a girl” . I have ultrasound every two weeks, alternating my gyn and the hospital. The risk of this syndrome one being too small the other one too big is quite small, but they check very precisely and up to now, everything is fine.
    I know that I should be grateful for the babies being healthy so far and for that miracle of identical twins, but I still cannot cope very well with this gender reveal. I am always asking if I could have done better with my sway, be more patient in for example using lubes that seemed to make it impossible for me to get pregnant, etc etc. The worst thing will be to tell people about the gender and all the comments I can’t stand anymore. But we also cannot NOT tell it because I find it even worse to get the comments when the babies are born. I am so torn with everything, even thinking about another trial for a girl although I know this would be the hardest thing with twin babies and no time to lose as I turn 40 in a few months. I so hope, time will heal this, but it didn’t really with my boys, I still feel sad when I see little girls or sisters. It probably will take some decades or so... I wished I could just turn off all this thinking and just be happy with my soon five, hopefully all healthy kids

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    UPDATE: My twins are GIRLS most probably!!! Only confirmed by ultrasound, but as I have ultrasound every 2 weeks and the last 3 times different doctors were sure they are girls, I slowly start to believe it ))))

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by leniah View Post
    UPDATE: My twins are GIRLS most probably!!! Only confirmed by ultrasound, but as I have ultrasound every 2 weeks and the last 3 times different doctors were sure they are girls, I slowly start to believe it ))))

See, everyone thinks I'm nutso when I say things like "this may not actually be twin boys" LOL but trust me this is probably the 500th time someone has been sure they saw a penis when they didn't. It is hard even for fully trained techs to guess gender with twins and what we see on the screen is very often misleading.

HUGE congrats!!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That’s amazing
    Congratulations
    I would love to read your sway x

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post