Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Love Anyone doing PGD in Australia

Hi - I have a few questions

What is the cost or PGD for genders selection in Australia?

Is there a healthy weight limit for IVF?

I have 2 wonderful boys who are on the Spectrum. My OB suggested that he could help us make a girl to decrease our chances of having another child with ASD - 70% chance of having another boy with ASD or just 10% if we have a girl.

I'm worried that my age and health condition will prevent me from falling pregnant as easy as I did in the past.

Ta

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As far as i know gender selection is not approved in Australia. It is under review however i have no idea when a decision is to be made

Mum to 4 Boys awaiting her Princess

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If your local doctor said you can do it, do it! If your BMI is not in a healthy range, I would try and get it to where it is close to healthy before cycling. It decreases your IVF chances by 30%.

Nobody gets to cycle in australia because it is illegal. If he is offering to do it for genetic reasons, wouldn't it be covered like everything else is there??
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is not illegal in Aus if you have boys with asd, however I do not know what the costs would be and what is covered. Definitely speak further to your OB or get referral to a clinic for more info. If there is a health reason to do PGD it is allowed, and possibly Medicare may cover some of it?
    DW 32
    DH 42

DS1 2011 DS2 2013

Can't believe my dream for has come true!!

Cycle#1 Thailand April 2015: 19 retrieved, 13 mature, 12 fertilised, 6 to day 5 testing, 1 abnormal (XX) 5 normal: 4XY, 1XX!!
    FET 30th June.. BFP!!

Baby girl Melina born 20th March 2016
    Very grateful for the support this site provided, thank you gender dreaming!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you have medical conditions that allow for PGD then yes it is allowed in Australia. It will be the cost of an IVf cycle plus additional costs for PGD. You are best to contact the clinic your dr recommends (look into their stats) and go from there. Best of luck on your journey.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am in the same boat. I have 2 boys & my first has just been diagnosed with autism in august 2015. I am also very keen on pgd but I am being blocked at every turn by the genetic counsellors in WA. It has been done before here in 2013 but I believe it was a contraversial decision which is why I am not having problems. I am terrified of having another child with autism & while I know its not a guarrantee its our best chance of lowering the odds of it happening again. which state are you in?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kc15880 View Post
    I am in the same boat. I have 2 boys & my first has just been diagnosed with autism in august 2015. I am also very keen on pgd but I am being blocked at every turn by the genetic counsellors in WA. It has been done before here in 2013 but I believe it was a contraversial decision which is why I am not having problems. I am terrified of having another child with autism & while I know its not a guarrantee its our best chance of lowering the odds of it happening again. which state are you in?
    I would recommend travelling to another state and seeing councillors there that will be more open to approval. The cost will be around the same but you'll need to include travel expenses.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi all, just to let you know, that after a long 11 month process we got refused for IVF PGD in WA. (We have a son with autism) I didnt expect the process to take so long & it was very frustrating. Goodluck to anyone else trying to apply!
    mummy to 10yrs & 8yrs. 7weeks dec 2016 4yrs.
    After 2 failed sways we are going high tech

May 2019 IVF1 4 follicle, 4 fertilised & only 1 made it to day 5
    JUly 2019 IVF2 8 follicles, 3 fertilised & only 1 made it to day 6 frozen & waiting for us
    our precious was a failed FET .
    IVF3 1 day 5
    2020 COVID halts our plans & we cant travel
    2021 6 more egg collections yeild 17eggs in total. Frozen gametes shipped to clinic & 16 survive the thaw & only 3 fertilised. None to test on day 5

Jan 2022 this wasnt the plan.......
    Feb 2022 stopped growing & left me at 8weeks

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi all, just to let you know, that after a long 11 month process we got refused for IVF PGD in WA. (We have a son with autism) I didnt expect the process to take so long & it was very frustrating. Goodluck to anyone else trying to apply!
    That's really disappointing kc15880, sorry to hear that

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    We would love another to complete our beautiful family

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That sucks ,But WA is very strict ,try NSW you will have no issues

11. Likes Girlfriend liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast