Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow thanks so much for the indepth replies! That has been so helpful! I also was shocked at the cost! That's a lot of money but now I know I want it more than ever. I'm just wondering which bank to rob first!

I will definitely become a dream member! I might PM you both if you don't mind once I have robbed that bank???

Also, could I ask your ages? I am 37 and petrified if I wait too long it will get harder but right now I just don't have that kind of money!!

Thanks
    Elle

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you have to go across at a certain time in your cycle? Thanks Elle

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was 36 when I went to HRC. My fertility was still pretty good. It does get worse over time, and post about 38 years old it gets a lot harder. That doesn't mean it can't be done - there are plenty of ladies who are older, but the reality is that the older you are, the more likely that you will need to try multiple times. That is because you will probably get less eggs, and they won't be as good quality wise. But there are always exceptions to the rule!!

The HRC fees are set, but you can save money on the holiday part of the spend. You can go for shorter time, not take the kids with you, and stay at more budget accomodation (we stayed at the Hyatt Regency - so not the most expensive, but certainly not the cheapest). We flew direct from melbourne and got flights for approx $800 each return.

Once you know the month you want to go, HRC will tell you the dates that Dr Potter is available. They then use the contraceptive pill to make your cycle fit into that timeframe. You need a good three or four months lead time because it takes a bit of time to get everything sorted. Your pretesting can also only be done at certain times of the month - and I think from memory you have to be off the pill for that.

Yep, PM me with anything and I will try to help you out. Its a scary and daunting process, but it all fall into place once you make the decision to go for it. xx
    DW 36
    DH 38

2008 2010 2012
    Our HRC HT OHW was born April 2016

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Elle, I am so very sorry for your loss. I cannot begin to imagine the heartache you feel. I wish you every success in your continued journey.
    I travelled to HRC last December with my family and although we did not have a good cycle, we did leave the states having had the most amazing holiday and carrying so many great memories. I can say that they are an amazingly professional group and I can highly recommend them as a place where I felt well looked after, we are headed back and our fingers are crossed for everyone taking this journey as it certainly is an emotional rollercoaster even on the easiest of rides..
    I truly hope you get your happy ending.
    Now go rob that bank, I won't tell!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Elle,

I'm nearly 35 and will be turning 36 next year when we are ready to go to the US, so I completely understand the worry of age. I had my first son naturally and then for some unidentified reason we couldn't fall pregnant the second time around. All tests came back clear, my ovarian reserve was lower than it should be for my age but they couldn't find a solid reason for it so we embarked on IVF in Melbourne. I ended up with 12 eggs of which 4 become 5 day embryos (the doctor said these were good results, although as we are unable to do PGD here I have no idea of their quality). The second one took and I'm due to have my second son in a few weeks. So based on my experience with some fertility issues we were still able to get a reasonably good result. Sorry that was a long explanation.

I'm taking comfort that the pretesting period and consult with Dr Potter will leave me with a more accurate idea of my chances, and then we can decide to take the plunge. After we rob a bank of course

When were you hoping to go over?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12