Downloads
    Uploads
    ive missed what the actual loophole is, can anyone brief me? Very curious

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie2017 View Post
    So.. long story short I was pregnant, lost the baby and it sort of triggered all these ginormous discussions - a lot of stuff happened all at once for us and we made the decision to actually wait a bit - I’ve decided to try and get my business off the ground first ! We’ve given ourselves 2 years max (I’ll be 37). So to that end I’m very curious about the new discussions around local HT possibilities !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh wow I'm sorry to hear of your loss and that life has been throwing everything at you. Good luck with your business, it's a very courageous thing to pursue. Perhaps HT will work with your new timeline.
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

3. Likes frankie2017 liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    State and Territory ART legislation The regulation of the clinical practice of ART is the responsibility of the state and territory governments. At the time of publication [2017], only four Australian states have such legislation:21 • Victoria – Assisted Reproductive Treatment Act 2008 • New South Wales – Assisted Reproductive Technology Act 2007 • Western Australia – Human Reproductive Technology Act 1991 • South Australia – Assisted Reproductive Treatment Act 1988 Since 1996, AHEC has recommended that legislation be enacted in the all states and territories, noting that without uniform legislation, the regulation of national data collection and the maintenance of a centralised registry cannot be achieved.

Ive taken this from the ethical guidelines. That's where QLD fits in that they don't have an actual 'act' enforcing the guidelines by NHRMC. The document is completely confusing too

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5. Thanks Kawazza thanked for this post
    Likes MiaMelb, frankie2017 liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    To add to my story for those that may not know. DS6 is due in April. Last girl on my DHs side was born 1926. There was a stillbirth, a girl, my father in laws sister in 1960. So 3 generations and no girl unless we change that.

I was never swaying hardcore but made some minor changes this time round.

7. Likes frankie2017 liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MiaMelb View Post
    Good idea Frankie. I really wish this would happen, it would just open up the possibility of going HT for so many people who can't make it happen overseas for financial reasons. I am still a little scarred after an interaction I had with my GP while we were waiting for the report into it the other year in which she pretty much laughed in my face when I asked if she thought it would be legalised. Reminded me about how far we have to shift public and many medical professionals opinions for this to happen.
    It’s so hard, I’m sorry you experienced that. Deciphering who you can and who you can’t talk to about this is so difficult.
    I told virtually no one I was doing ivf over the last year, not even family, & the stories we told about why we went to the states 3 times were so difficult. So when I miscarried my girl I couldn’t even tell my family, they didn’t know I was pregnant. I feel bad that my girl will not be known or loved by those she would have, despite not being here with us.
    I so wish it would be available here & it were so much easier for us to try to fulfil the longing & love for the babies that we already have but don’t have if you know what I mean...
    I so hope for all of us that somehow someway we find our happy ever after.

I tried to bring myself to ring today, but baulked... what did you ladies say!? Do you ask straight out can I get info on gender selection?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by netti02 View Post
    To add to my story for those that may not know. DS6 is due in April. Last girl on my DHs side was born 1926. There was a stillbirth, a girl, my father in laws sister in 1960. So 3 generations and no girl unless we change that.

I was never swaying hardcore but made some minor changes this time round.

Congrats on your boy netti! He will be another bundle of fun I’m sure. That’s some family history isn’t it! Amazing. I so hope you get to add your pink

10. Likes netti02 liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie2017 View Post
    So.. long story short I was pregnant, lost the baby and it sort of triggered all these ginormous discussions - a lot of stuff happened all at once for us and we made the decision to actually wait a bit - I’ve decided to try and get my business off the ground first ! We’ve given ourselves 2 years max (I’ll be 37). So to that end I’m very curious about the new discussions around local HT possibilities !

I’m sorry for your loss Frankie, i hope your managing ok. Good news on the business, very exciting I hope it goes really well for you.
    I also hope your baby plans go just as you hope

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MiaMelb View Post
    Just about to start ramping my sway up (if I don't back out with cold feet). Getting the Mirena out next week and in my head and with my ideal timeline likely to ttc April-July. I'm pretty set on not having to larger age gap and even that will put it at about 4.5/5 years between DD1 and #3. If HT was really going to be a viable option here within the next year I'd have to seriously look at that.
    Good luck MiaMelb, hope your sway is bright & blue! I’m working towards swaying pink soon & im nervous too...

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by emshe View Post
    It’s so hard, I’m sorry you experienced that. Deciphering who you can and who you can’t talk to about this is so difficult.
    I told virtually no one I was doing ivf over the last year, not even family, & the stories we told about why we went to the states 3 times were so difficult. So when I miscarried my girl I couldn’t even tell my family, they didn’t know I was pregnant. I feel bad that my girl will not be known or loved by those she would have, despite not being here with us.
    I so wish it would be available here & it were so much easier for us to try to fulfil the longing & love for the babies that we already have but don’t have if you know what I mean...
    I so hope for all of us that somehow someway we find our happy ever after.

I tried to bring myself to ring today, but baulked... what did you ladies say!? Do you ask straight out can I get info on gender selection?

Yes i asked straight out. Dr Molloy is a supporter for it and his rooms were happy to fit me in for a free phone consult.

Im sorry you had to go through that. I can only imagine your pain and not being able to share it aswell. We were very reluctant this time around not only to share the baby news but the gender and ive skirted around the issue with people to avoid the comments ive heard too often.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by netti02 View Post
    Yes i asked straight out. Dr Molloy is a supporter for it and his rooms were happy to fit me in for a free phone consult.

Im sorry you had to go through that. I can only imagine your pain and not being able to share it aswell. We were very reluctant this time around not only to share the baby news but the gender and ive skirted around the issue with people to avoid the comments ive heard too often.

Sorry you get the comments, I really don’t understand people. A baby is a blessing and so loved, he will be perfect!

Wow, amazing that he offers a free consult too! Thank you I will give them a call. I got a lump in my throat trying to dial!

15. Thanks netti02 thanked for this post
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast