Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by netti02 View Post
    Ok just found the family tree from that generation. There were 9 children. 3 boys, 1 of which died in the same year or ? At birth.

6 girls, 1 of which also died in the same year.

I have a sister. She has 2 girls. My mum is one of 3 girls in her family.

Strange dynamics

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    So interesting! I can’t wait to hear about your chat with him 🤞

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks netti02 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Rang and spoke to receptionist, so lovely! Phone chat about that & some other issues on 25/1 have to remember the time difference!

4. Thanks netti02 thanked for this post
    Likes Kawazza liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by emshe View Post
    Rang and spoke to receptionist, so lovely! Phone chat about that & some other issues on 25/1 have to remember the time difference!

Me too 🤣🤣 i have my phone calendar set with a reminder

6. Likes Kawazza liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Newcastle University. (2008, December 12). Boy Or Girl? It's In The Father's Genes. ScienceDaily. Retrieved January 10, 2018 from http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1211121835.htm

A snippet from this article.

Sons or daughters?

A gene consists of two parts, known as alleles, one inherited from each parent. In his paper, Mr Gellatly demonstrates that it is likely men carry two different types of allele, which results in three possible combinations in a gene that controls the ratio of X and Y sperm;

Men with the first combination, known as mm, produce more Y sperm and have more sons.The second, known as mf, produce a roughly equal number of X and Y sperm and have an approximately equal number of sons and daughters.The third, known as ff produce more X sperm and have more daughters.

“The gene that is passed on from both parents, which causes some men to have more sons and some to have more daughters, may explain why we see the number of men and women roughly balanced in a population. If there are too many males in the population, for example, females will more easily find a mate, so men who have more daughters will pass on more of their genes, causing more females to be born in later generations,” says Newcastle University researcher Mr Gellatly.

A study of family trees and such. Very interesting.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Me too 🤣🤣 i have my phone calendar set with a reminder

Kind of glad we’re an hour ahead because my appointment is 7.30am. I actually asked do you mean AM????

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Newcastle University. (2008, December 12). Boy Or Girl? It's In The Father's Genes. ScienceDaily. Retrieved January 10, 2018 from Boy Or Girl? It's In The Father's Genes -- ScienceDaily

A snippet from this article.

Sons or daughters?

A gene consists of two parts, known as alleles, one inherited from each parent. In his paper, Mr Gellatly demonstrates that it is likely men carry two different types of allele, which results in three possible combinations in a gene that controls the ratio of X and Y sperm;

Men with the first combination, known as mm, produce more Y sperm and have more sons.The second, known as mf, produce a roughly equal number of X and Y sperm and have an approximately equal number of sons and daughters.The third, known as ff produce more X sperm and have more daughters.

“The gene that is passed on from both parents, which causes some men to have more sons and some to have more daughters, may explain why we see the number of men and women roughly balanced in a population. If there are too many males in the population, for example, females will more easily find a mate, so men who have more daughters will pass on more of their genes, causing more females to be born in later generations,” says Newcastle University researcher Mr Gellatly.

A study of family trees and such. Very interesting.

Wow!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by emshe View Post

I did the same thing mine is at 7:30am on the 30th. The receptionist did say not to get my hopes up as it is a very slow moving process

11. Thanks netti02 thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Be sure to update here when you’ve spoken to them ladies! So curious what they can tell you at this stage...

13. Thanks netti02 thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Emshe so you went to the US for HT did you ?How many go’s did you have ? How frustrating that it didn’t work for you

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie2017 View Post
    Emshe so you went to the US for HT did you ?How many go’s did you have ? How frustrating that it didn’t work for you

I did, my first collection yielded nothing worth testing, my second was good. Unfortunately fresh transfer didn’t take, the next, my frozen girl embryo resulted in pregnancy but I miscarried her mid November. Devastating.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast