Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by emshe View Post
    Work your determined magic in there netti!

If writing letters going to prove beneficial for his case, I’d be happy to write one too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Emshe i think it would help at this stage. Im happy to email mine when ive finished.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LMSM View Post
    Oh sounds like the conversation may have been a bit light/disappointing… sigh
    If they need more letters to support their case, let me know, I’d happily write one too!!
    LMSM yes it was very light and rushed- but im not giving up, not without a fight. I think it would benefit us in sending a letter outlining our point across.

3. Likes MiaMelb liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In my letter im covering my journey so far in hopes of having a daughter. It will cover the financial impacts but more importantly how socially this has affected me. Its turned me into a recluse and very reluctant to share any information about this pregnancy. I am also including how I will worry about my postnatal mental health considering ive already depleted my social stance due to comments etc and have limited social connections. I literally hate all family functions and haven't attended any in a while.

I also want to question the councils other decisions (which i actually can't find any information on) when single women were allowed to access IVF to start a family- were there ethical considerations then? Did this go through such a rigorous review as we are now? (I actually don't mind that women do access this, i just hope there were ethical considerations for that decision- not just automatically granted- this is the part where i feel we are being prejudiced ie our reproductive rights being withheld).

My other point is the council expects that further social change is warranted before this is approved. This is the most stupidest reasoning ive ever heard. IVF with PGD for gender is only ever really going to matter to the people who wish to do it. It also a closet topic. Once upon a time IVF was never talked about openly, was barely accepted in society and people had mixed understandings on how it actually worked. Right now this is where I see peoples views on IVF/PGD for gender. Ive read lots of comments and people actually think you do something or alter to create the desired gender. They don't understand you simply undergo IVF- embyros are made and then they're tested. I believe if people understood the process, there may be more of a social change.

My other point is no one talks openly about this in society to allow change to happen for fear of being judged, bullied, ridiculed and mocked. Many times ive been told as long as its healthy, like im not allowed to have hopes and dreams. Like im not allowed to be a little disappointed. That's why when people ask im not staying silent anymore. I don't care how they perceive me. I don't care if they judge me. I know im entitled to feel this way- no one has to agree with me but im definitely entitled to feel. Otherwise if i don't acknowledge my feelings and bury them away as i have done all these years, ill likely do something really silly. Thats why waiting for social change is absolute BS. Once this is implemented and starts to become main ****** no one will care it will just be another choice people have.

Im also trying to come up with some solutions on how to prevent people exploiting it for gender preference reasons. One way is to confirm with childrens birth certificates and with the actual births, deaths and marriages service.

So i plan to be quite detailed. Not just simply stating ive always wanted a daughter but covering quite a few topics.

Last edited by netti02; January 22nd, 2018 at 11:57 PM.

5. Thanks emshe thanked for this post
    Likes MiaMelb, Kawazza, BrightSky liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by netti02 View Post
    In my letter im covering my journey so far in hopes of having a daughter. It will cover the financial impacts but more importantly how socially this has affected me. Its turned me into a recluse and very reluctant to share any information about this pregnancy. I am also including how I will worry about my postnatal mental health considering ive already depleted my social stance due to comments etc and have limited social connections. I literally hate all family functions and haven't attended any in a while.

I also want to question the councils other decisions (which i actually can't find any information on) when single women were allowed to access IVF to start a family- were there ethical considerations then? Did this go through such a rigorous review as we are now? (I actually don't mind that women do access this, i just hope there were ethical considerations for that decision- not just automatically granted- this is the part where i feel we are being prejudiced ie our reproductive rights being withheld).

My other point is the council expects that further social change is warranted before this is approved. This is the most stupidest reasoning ive ever heard. IVF with PGD for gender is only ever really going to matter to the people who wish to do it. It also a closet topic. Once upon a time IVF was never talked about openly, was barely accepted in society and people had mixed understandings on how it actually worked. Right now this is where I see peoples views on IVF/PGD for gender. Ive read lots of comments and people actually think you do something or alter to create the desired gender. They don't understand you simply undergo IVF- embyros are made and then they're tested. I believe if people understood the process, there may be more of a social change.

My other point is no one talks openly about this in society to allow change to happen for fear of being judged, bullied, ridiculed and mocked. Many times ive been told as long as its healthy, like im not allowed to have hopes and dreams. Like im not allowed to be a little disappointed. That's why when people ask im not staying silent anymore. I don't care how they perceive me. I don't care if they judge me. I know im entitled to feel this way- no one has to agree with me but im definitely entitled to feel. Otherwise if i don't acknowledge my feelings and bury them away as i have done all these years, ill likely do something really silly. Thats why waiting for social change is absolute BS. Once this is implemented and starts to become main ****** no one will care it will just be another choice people have.

Im also trying to come up with some solutions on how to prevent people exploiting it for gender preference reasons. One way is to confirm with childrens birth certificates and with the actual births, deaths and marriages service.

So i plan to be quite detailed. Not just simply stating ive always wanted a daughter but covering quite a few topics.

You are doing a great thing! We do suffer in silence I completely agree. My family and friends will never know of the daughter I lost recently and I feel just awful about that.

A day without wondering if I’ll ever fill this heartfelt desire has not been lived in over a decade. I feel for you Netti & the impact it has had on you. Know that you’re not alone, I know I think of & wish for all the ladies & gents out there desiring...that one day will be our day.

I completely understand your questioning why others get to choose & we don’t, & I can not understand how this has to impact on anyone other than the family choosing to do this. It’s not a path taken lightly nor easily. No one is going to jump into it willy nilly.

Did he seem nice & open, I’m wanting to get fertility help from him in my consult too. Don’t want to go through my past with anyone not on board with the journey I’ve had.

Proud of you!

7. Likes Kawazza, frankie2017 liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by emshe View Post
    You are doing a great thing! We do suffer in silence I completely agree. My family and friends will never know of the daughter I lost recently and I feel just awful about that.

A day without wondering if I’ll ever fill this heartfelt desire has not been lived in over a decade. I feel for you Netti & the impact it has had on you. Know that you’re not alone, I know I think of & wish for all the ladies & gents out there desiring...that one day will be our day.

I completely understand your questioning why others get to choose & we don’t, & I can not understand how this has to impact on anyone other than the family choosing to do this. It’s not a path taken lightly nor easily. No one is going to jump into it willy nilly.

Did he seem nice & open, I’m wanting to get fertility help from him in my consult too. Don’t want to go through my past with anyone not on board with the journey I’ve had.

Proud of you!

I think he would be willing/open if you have other fertility issues you want to discuss and because he is an advocate for gender selection he would be the best choice. I simply want to ensure any future child i have is a girl just for my own sanity i did mention to him i am due with my 6th boy and he said wow that is alot of boys- yep you're telling me

9. Likes Kawazza, emshe liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by netti02 View Post
    I think he would be willing/open if you have other fertility issues you want to discuss and because he is an advocate for gender selection he would be the best choice. I simply want to ensure any future child i have is a girl just for my own sanity i did mention to him i am due with my 6th boy and he said wow that is alot of boys- yep you're telling me

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi all - just to let you know that I wasted over 12months trying to apply to do IVF & PGD gender selection (I have a boy with autism) in Perth between 2016-2017, Following that we conceived then miscarried & then conceived DS3. I have since been told we should have applied through sydney. Very frustrating! They really wasted my time & precious fertility!
    mummy to 10yrs & 8yrs. 7weeks dec 2016 4yrs.
    After 2 failed sways we are going high tech

May 2019 IVF1 4 follicle, 4 fertilised & only 1 made it to day 5
    JUly 2019 IVF2 8 follicles, 3 fertilised & only 1 made it to day 6 frozen & waiting for us
    our precious was a failed FET .
    IVF3 1 day 5
    2020 COVID halts our plans & we cant travel
    2021 6 more egg collections yeild 17eggs in total. Frozen gametes shipped to clinic & 16 survive the thaw & only 3 fertilised. None to test on day 5

Jan 2022 this wasnt the plan.......
    Feb 2022 stopped growing & left me at 8weeks

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kc15880 View Post
    Hi all - just to let you know that I wasted over 12months trying to apply to do IVF & PGD gender selection (I have a boy with autism) in Perth between 2016-2017, Following that we conceived then miscarried & then conceived DS3. I have since been told we should have applied through sydney. Very frustrating! They really wasted my time & precious fertility!
    Oh my thats unbelievable! Did/ will you try in Sydney?

Mamma to 6 boys, dreaming of pink one day

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kc15880 View Post
    So sorry you have gone through this & to be mucked around, it’s not fair. I hope everything works out for you

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well he was nice, told me to check in again in a few months to see how it’s going as things have stalled. He wouldn’t help me with my “now” issues without my travelling to Brisbane to see him unfortunately. I can understand that! I just don’t see it happening, but I really don’t want to go & see someone not supportive of what I’ve already tried.

15. Likes netti02, Kawazza liked this post
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast