Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

State Laws / loopholes changing for PGD in Australia

I just wanted to start a thread here because I saw others discussing over in a due date thread about the Queensland doctors who are currently investigating whether they can offer PGD for family balancing due to a loophole.

I didn’t want to lose the info that netti added so putting it here for others too.

Dr David Malloy from Queensland Fertility Group is in support of PGD for family balancing.

Waitlist for info via Melissa, number 07 3015 3022.

I haven’t been able to get through just yet but I’m going to try again soon.

Thanks Netti for this info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks emshe thanked for this post
    Likes netti02 liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie2017 View Post
    I just wanted to start a thread here because I saw others discussing over in a due date thread about the Queensland doctors who are currently investigating whether they can offer PGD for family balancing due to a loophole.

I didn’t want to lose the info that netti added so putting it here for others too.

Dr David Malloy from Queensland Fertility Group is in support of PGD for family balancing.

Waitlist for info via Melissa, number 07 3015 3022.

I haven’t been able to get through just yet but I’m going to try again soon.

Thanks Netti for this info!

Good idea! Thanks, & to all the ladies with all this valuable info!!! 🤞

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good idea Frankie. I really wish this would happen, it would just open up the possibility of going HT for so many people who can't make it happen overseas for financial reasons. I am still a little scarred after an interaction I had with my GP while we were waiting for the report into it the other year in which she pretty much laughed in my face when I asked if she thought it would be legalised. Reminded me about how far we have to shift public and many medical professionals opinions for this to happen.
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Haven't seen you round much lately Frankie. Are you still stealth swaying or looking into HT?
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just to add ladies try Queensland Fertility Group it's a toll free number, and ask to be transferred to Dr Malloys rooms. I think Melissa is on holidays.

I spoke with his rooms today (i think he returns on the 15th). I was able to book an early phone consult with him on the 23rd. The receptionist advised they haven't got very far with the legal side unfortunately, so I'm not sure what to expect when I speak to him.

I will update you when I have spoken with him. I also contacted Genea, however I won't hear until next week sometime.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

7. Likes frankie2017, MiaMelb liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MiaMelb View Post
    Haven't seen you round much lately Frankie. Are you still stealth swayin or looking into HT?
    So.. long story short I was pregnant, lost the baby and it sort of triggered all these ginormous discussions - a lot of stuff happened all at once for us and we made the decision to actually wait a bit - I’ve decided to try and get my business off the ground first ! We’ve given ourselves 2 years max (I’ll be 37). So to that end I’m very curious about the new discussions around local HT possibilities !

9. Likes MiaMelb liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good idea Frankie. I really wish this would happen, it would just open up the possibility of going HT for so many people who can't make it happen overseas for financial reasons. I am still a little scarred after an interaction I had with my GP while we were waiting for the report into it the other year in which she pretty much laughed in my face when I asked if she thought it would be legalised. Reminded me about how far we have to shift public and many medical professionals opinions for this to happen.
    That sounds annoying - so ridiculous how taboo it is to talk about. Where there’s money to be made companies like Genea and QFG will try their hardest to get legislations changed, so that’s on our side !

11. Thanks netti02 thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ps where are you at Mia are you currently swaying ? You’re wanting a boy right ?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is in no means to offend anyone, but with the introduction of gay marriage, single women and gay couples accessing IVF for their dream to come true, I'm struggling to understand why there's a blockade on our dreams. Particularly when it will boost local economy.

It should be our reproductive right to be able to seek these options for our family and our mental and emotional well being

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie2017 View Post
    Ps where are you at Mia are you currently swaying ? You’re wanting a boy right ?

Just about to start ramping my sway up (if I don't back out with cold feet). Getting the Mirena out next week and in my head and with my ideal timeline likely to ttc April-July. I'm pretty set on not having to larger age gap and even that will put it at about 4.5/5 years between DD1 and #3. If HT was really going to be a viable option here within the next year I'd have to seriously look at that.
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)

15. Likes frankie2017, Claireashworth liked this post
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast