Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nervous, anxious... Planning PGD in US this Summer

Hello all. Im after advice, support and stories in regards to PGD. Mum to three amazing daughters. We were due to go to Thailand SART after our second daughter but decided to try swaying. So convinced was I it would work. It didnt give us the son we were swaying for but did our beautiful third daughter.
    With her now being two and me 36 we have decided that it is now or never. We contacted the lady we were dealing with a few years back regarding heading to SART in Thailand to be told that Thailand no longer carry out the procedure and have therefore decided Dr Potter in LA it is.

I am due to have a consultation on Friday but really feeling anxious. The main thing my age. I was 32/33 when we initially throught about doing it. In everyones opinion have I left it a little too late.

Secondly, we did get as far as having the scans/ semen samples done and even had the prescriptions in hand for the required drugs before we decided to sway. The Doctor who signed this off has now left and I am worried about approaching another Doctor. I am in Brisbane. Any advice on this would be great. Is anyone finding this to be an issue.

Also- excluding flights, accomdation to LA, can anyone give me a realistic price. Is the $15k-$18k Australian dollars they quote what it ends up being or are there hidden costs.

I know I will gather all this information on Friday but I cant wait till the. how long exactly do we need to be in the states. Asking this so I can gauge kids/ school etc.

Any stories- good or bad would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think beyond the cycle cost of $12,200, anesthesia and meds are the other mandatory fees. Meds can vary widely depending on your protocol and response. Have you contacted GSA? They are here to help you! Here is the form if you haven't- http://genderdreaming.com/forum/anno...australia.html
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi nuthinbut pink. Yes thank you I have jyst been in contact with them this morning. Can I ask I see that you have three daughters and a PGD son. Did you use Dr Potter or go elsewhere- SART?

I have done extensive research nut think as the anxiety sinks in I always feel good talking on here etc. Feels more human.

Has anyone else had PGD by Dr Potter or possibly Dr Wilcox. Any stories would be great. Thanks

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The only way you get the $1,000 off is if you schedule your consult using the forms on here so they know you are a member here.

I cycled in atlanta with RBA. They no longer offer GS unfortunately.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueplease View Post
    Hello all. Im after advice, support and stories in regards to PGD. Mum to three amazing daughters. We were due to go to Thailand SART after our second daughter but decided to try swaying. So convinced was I it would work. It didnt give us the son we were swaying for but did our beautiful third daughter.
    With her now being two and me 36 we have decided that it is now or never. We contacted the lady we were dealing with a few years back regarding heading to SART in Thailand to be told that Thailand no longer carry out the procedure and have therefore decided Dr Potter in LA it is.

I am due to have a consultation on Friday but really feeling anxious. The main thing my age. I was 32/33 when we initially throught about doing it. In everyones opinion have I left it a little too late.

Secondly, we did get as far as having the scans/ semen samples done and even had the prescriptions in hand for the required drugs before we decided to sway. The Doctor who signed this off has now left and I am worried about approaching another Doctor. I am in Brisbane. Any advice on this would be great. Is anyone finding this to be an issue.

Also- excluding flights, accomdation to LA, can anyone give me a realistic price. Is the $15k-$18k Australian dollars they quote what it ends up being or are there hidden costs.

I know I will gather all this information on Friday but I cant wait till the. how long exactly do we need to be in the states. Asking this so I can gauge kids/ school etc.

Any stories- good or bad would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance
    WOW your storey sounds very similar to mine as we were looking at doing HT for our third child but decided to sway which ended up in our third DD which we adore. We only decided to go HT because there was not way I wanted to leave it up to chance & I wanted that gaurentee that a boy was being put back. I was 37yrs when I did my first cycle & I ended up with 1 normal xy & got a BPF but unfortunatly he was not growing & he was measuring 2 weeks behind & no heartbeat so I had to have a D & C. For my second cycle I was 38yrs & Dr Potter put me on a more agressive protocol & I had 1 normal xy again & I am currently 19weeks pregnant with my boy.
    I paid a lot more for my second cycle as our dollar dropped so much & my meds cost me double as I was put on a more aggresive protocol but it also depends if you can get Gonal F on PBS. You need to pay $400US for the Anethetist & about $750US on other meds you will need while you are there. I did end up buying more Menopur in the US both times & my meds were increased first time & the second time I stimmed for an extra 2 days.
    DW 38
    DH 37

Cycle # 1 HRC Dr Potter 8th March 2014
    7 retrieved, 3 Mature, 2 Fertilised, 1 abnormal XY XB BB -10,-16,
    1 Normal XY HB AA BFP!
    First BETA 135 26/3/14 11dp6dt, Second BETA 859 31/3/14 16dp6dt
    Third BETA 10106 14/4/14
    NO HEARTBEAT! 22/4/14, D&C 23/4/14

Cycle # 2 HRC Dr Potter ER OCT 2014
    Stimmed an extra 2 days so ER was 31st Oct Halloween
    19 retrieved & 14 mature & all 14 fertilised
    7 to day 5 testing, 3 abnormal xy's
    1 normal xy HB AA Transferred 6/11/14
    3 normal xx
    First BETA HCG 400 E2 1389 P4 17, 17th Nov 10dp6dt
    Second BETA HCG 1022 E2 3246 P4 88.3 19th Nov 12dp6dt
    Third BETA HCG 15513 E2 3803 P4 78.4 27th Nov 20dp6dt

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't help with your questions but I wish u the best of luck

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow indeed very similar stories. Huge huge congratulations on your much wanted son. Its great to hear stories like that. Thanks so much for all the advice. Did you have any issues finding a Doctor to do your pre testing here in Oz. So if I require Gonal F is that harder to get on prescription. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mumof3girls View Post
    WOW your storey sounds very similar to mine as we were looking at doing HT for our third child but decided to sway which ended up in our third DD which we adore. We only decided to go HT because there was not way I wanted to leave it up to chance & I wanted that gaurentee that a boy was being put back. I was 37yrs when I did my first cycle & I ended up with 1 normal xy & got a BPF but unfortunatly he was not growing & he was measuring 2 weeks behind & no heartbeat so I had to have a D & C. For my second cycle I was 38yrs & Dr Potter put me on a more agressive protocol & I had 1 normal xy again & I am currently 19weeks pregnant with my boy.
    I paid a lot more for my second cycle as our dollar dropped so much & my meds cost me double as I was put on a more aggresive protocol but it also depends if you can get Gonal F on PBS. You need to pay $400US for the Anethetist & about $750US on other meds you will need while you are there. I did end up buying more Menopur in the US both times & my meds were increased first time & the second time I stimmed for an extra 2 days.

8. Thanks Mumof3girls thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much x
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlfriend View Post
    I can't help with your questions but I wish u the best of luck

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you nuthinbutpink. I have already done the forms but will redo on here to get the $1000 off. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    The only way you get the $1,000 off is if you schedule your consult using the forms on here so they know you are a member here.

I cycled in atlanta with RBA. They no longer offer GS unfortunately.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueplease View Post
    Wow indeed very similar stories. Huge huge congratulations on your much wanted son. Its great to hear stories like that. Thanks so much for all the advice. Did you have any issues finding a Doctor to do your pre testing here in Oz. So if I require Gonal F is that harder to get on prescription. Thanks
    My GP did all my refferals for my pre testing. You can get script easy for Gonal F they come in 2 packs & if you can get it on PBS (government subsidised) it will only cost $37 for 2 pens but if you can't get on PBS I think it costs $500 for 2 pens.
    DW 38
    DH 37

Cycle # 1 HRC Dr Potter 8th March 2014
    7 retrieved, 3 Mature, 2 Fertilised, 1 abnormal XY XB BB -10,-16,
    1 Normal XY HB AA BFP!
    First BETA 135 26/3/14 11dp6dt, Second BETA 859 31/3/14 16dp6dt
    Third BETA 10106 14/4/14
    NO HEARTBEAT! 22/4/14, D&C 23/4/14

Cycle # 2 HRC Dr Potter ER OCT 2014
    Stimmed an extra 2 days so ER was 31st Oct Halloween
    19 retrieved & 14 mature & all 14 fertilised
    7 to day 5 testing, 3 abnormal xy's