Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anxious, nervous excited but trying to be realistic

Hi All,

I am fresh to all of this so please excuse my ignorance but I would really appreciate some input/advice. I am a 37 year old woman from Aus with a 40 year old hubby and we have two beautiful boys (1 and 4 years). We would dearly love a little girl and are trying to decide whether it is worth spending all of our money (plus some!!) on an IVF/PGD attempt in the US. I have been doing some reading and I know that there seems to be so many factors involved, but the fact that we are older (our birthdays are Sept/Oct) makes me think that we would have to have a fair bit of luck on our side to have success in 1 or even 2 attempts?? I am waiting for some feedback from GSelection Aus about whether the cost for a second round would be the same (if for example we were to freeze hubby's sperm and I were to go back on my own). I am thinking we go ahead and do the pre-testing and have a consult with Dr Potter and see how we go from there. Am I right in thinking Dr Potter's service have one of the better success rates? I don't really know how to interpret the 83 percent success rate (or whatever that exact number is). Is there a certain amount of time you need to wait between cycles? Or should we just try sway....so many questions...and I want to make the best decision for us but I can hear the clock ticking....LOUDLY!!

Thankyou in advance for any advice or even hints on places to look on this site to become better informed

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi.

I would say you are on the right track with having your pretesting done and having a consult done with doctor Potter. He is definitely one of the best for gender selection in the US. Their fees at HRC are actually on the lower end as well. See what Dr. Potter says snd decide from there.

About swaying -- just remember this: what if it's an opposite? Would you be okay and done with 3 boys? Or would you then want to turn to IVF with PGD. Because if you had baby boy #3 and then wanted to move forward with IVF you'd be closer to 39/40 by then. Our fertility tends to rapidly decline after 35... so I would suggest going now and trying now. Then if it fails, sway. At least this way you tried all that you could when your fertility was better for IVF.

Good luck!
    Me: 31 DH: 29 and our family: 2005 2011 2013 2016

DOR at 0.15 AMH, AFC 8, FSH 8.1. Three fresh cycles and two donor embryo FET's we finally got our DD four years later. She completes us in a way I had only dreamed of.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would go to the dream member private section for the HT info and current cyclers for more info!

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ht-f...urrent-cycles/
    Last edited by Hoping4Kaylani; March 30th, 2015 at 10:24 AM.
    Me: 31 DH: 29 and our family: 2005 2011 2013 2016

DOR at 0.15 AMH, AFC 8, FSH 8.1. Three fresh cycles and two donor embryo FET's we finally got our DD four years later. She completes us in a way I had only dreamed of.

4. Thanks shellburke77 thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much for that advice and the link too!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ