Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

High number of abnormals for the age

Hi,
    I had a first and ok cycle at hrc jan 2015. 9 retrieved, 5 to testing and 3 normals. Xx was of poor quality, xy were fab quality. Bfn
    Second and third cycle 10 retrieved, 7 to testing, 1 of 7 normal only. Xy no transfer.
    Third 12 eggs, 9 to testing and 1 of 9 were normal!
    The answer I got from Ivi Gen is that although my abnormals are higher than it should at 34, Ita still within the normal range. What?! For one cycle perhaps, but 2?
    I think I might be a Bfn this cycle although I had a HEB AA so I'm Trying to figure out What to do.
    The Ivi gen Said no meds can change normaö eggs to abnormal. So Is there Anything I can do with protocol? I've done menopur 150 and gonal f 450 the last cycles, 75 vs 300 the first.
    What to do?

2. Likes alice11 liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry adnilleinad that you had bad cycles. You are still relatively young for IVF, under the 35 mark. I know my last cycle wasn't amazing but I did get a normal out of 4 eggs, so believe if I'd got higher number of eggs maybe wud have got more normals.

Things I did different was use inositol, royal jelly for my supps.
    For diet I did include more carbs, albeit a piece of rye or granary bread here or there to starve off sugar cravings.
    Exercise, I went back to doing moderate exercise to keep blood flow going.
    One thing I did so which hasn't done any previous cycle was acupuncture. I really don't know if this was the key thing but it certainly made me more chilled about things. I'm still doing it and definitely don't get as stressed as I used to.

I did notice you are getting a good number to testing so they obviously look good enough visually and are making it to blast stage. I honestly believe that a good healthy diet is the best thing you can do. So try and eat as much organic as you can, wild fish, liver, etc.... Give it 3-4 months as that is the normal cycle of an eggs development.

Fx you don't need to do any of this tho Hun. You ll get your BFP xx
    2x

Wishing for a

4. Thanks adnilleinad thanked for this post
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A lot of us use DHEA for egg quality issues. You could also ask about estrogen priming.

I don't think you had a poor response this second time though. It's pretty typical to have 1-2 normal at the end.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

6. Thanks adnilleinad thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your response, I will look into it.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am sorry your cycle didn't work out. Sending you a hug.

9. Thanks adnilleinad thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I experienced the same, for #4 I've upped the q10 and am thinking of upping the folic (recommended dosage here is 400mg) possibly I should check DEHA out.. I hope it works out for us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Thanks adnilleinad thanked for this post
    Likes alice11 liked this post