Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cycle cancelled.

Hi ladies!
    For those of you with cancelled cycles, how long did it take before AF showed up? It's been 2.5 weeks and still nothing. Last week I had mild cramping and spotting along with ewcm. I had spotting the last 2 days and looked like I was finally starting but today, nothing!! Wondering is I can start vitex to help??

Also, we cancelled my cycle because I had only 2 mature follicles and possible only one would be healthy enough to fertilize. I went in with no fertility problems. Our 3 sons were conceived in 1-3 trys. I was on 6 weeks of birth control and on leuprolide to suppress my ovaries. I took 2 days of 375 units of gonal, dropped to 300 and went back up to 375 along with adding menopur to try to get some more follicles to develop with no luck. She says chances are my ovaries didn't respond well and more than likely over suppressed. They were afraid to be too aggressive with the meds because of ohss. Anyone have this happen to them and have better success with another cycle??

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First I'm sorry. What was your pretesting like?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Everything was in normal range. Fsh was 8.1 at pre-testing. Everything else was within a healthy normal range. She was expecting to get between 10-20 eggs based on my levels. On my cancellation day my bloodwork came back with the estrogen spike she was hoping for but didn't get 2 days prior (that's when I upped the gonal). We have to pay for gonal out of pocket so I'm kind of scared to cycle again.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What was your AFC?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mitz0315 View Post
    Everything was in normal range. Fsh was 8.1 at pre-testing. Everything else was within a healthy normal range. She was expecting to get between 10-20 eggs based on my levels. On my cancellation day my bloodwork came back with the estrogen spike she was hoping for but didn't get 2 days prior (that's when I upped the gonal). We have to pay for gonal out of pocket so I'm kind of scared to cycle again.
    Do you know all your pretesting? FSH is the most volatile and can go from 8 one month to 12 the next so if that is the only number you know, you really don't understand your ovarian reserve.

What is your AFC?
    What is your AMH?
    Why did you reduce your meds??
    What was your e2 at your first stim check? What was it at the next?

The BCP could have suppressed you but unless you know what your pretesting AFC was, that is anyone's guess. Did you use long lupron? You could switch to micro dose flare protocol. I need more info to really comment.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I used lupron. Let me try to find my numbers

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My gonal was originally slated for 2 days of 375 units to jump start and then 300 units for the remainder of the cycle. When my numbers didn't rise like she expected them to then I upped the gonal back to 375 units.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never understand why a doctor would make a change in meds without an e2 or ultrasound FIRST. I am not a fan of wild ass guessing.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lupron was an almost 4 week protocall

Pretesting:
    Afc-9
    Amh- 1.7
    E2 @baseline was 23
    E2 @cd8 was 241
    5 follicles but only 2 were big enough to possibly be healthy enough to fertilize.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    She didn't we increased it after bloodwork results. I had to call to get them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast