Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    nuthinbutpink - thank you so much for your help and responses and apologies if I come across as a bit dim but this is all fairly new to me so might be asking silly questions!

Savvas isn't yet to confirm the type of testing he will undertake but is to send me an email but has confirmed on the phone that he could thaw in the morning a day 5 blast, test and do the transfer a couple of hours later so still on day 5? obviously it would be great if someone else cycling at genesis could give me their views on this and experience?

I don't feel comfortable putting my body through another round of IVF so if there are no healthy female embryos (or I do not become pregnant after a transfer) I will try to move on if that makes sense? I just want to test these embryos to see if I already have a chance of a girl!

HRC is based in LA isn't it? The costs of travel and the time to do so is just the thing putting me off but obviously if I am told that the odds are significantly greater then I will explore this more. I might arrange a consult in any case so I can understand their procedure and costs

Thanks
    Claire

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Fingerscrossed, I've been to Genesis twice and really really like Savvas and thanks to him have my gorgeous DD (agasint very very low odds). However, I would be worried about sending your embryos to him as I simply don't think his techniques or lab is nearly as sophisticated as US and think you would have a much much better chance of it working (although no guarantees). Although flights to LA are more expensive if you went out of season think it would only cost you £300 or £400 more and you as it's a FET you wouldn't need to be there for very long. That would be advice anyway. Good luck. xx

3. Likes Three Of A Kind liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for your email ever hopeful and that is definitely one of my concerns as my embryos have currently been stored at a very well know ivf clinic that has a sophisticated lab. It just happens to be in a country where testing is not allowed.

Re the option of goin to the U.S. of course this is something I may need to consider but from my research it looks to be costing about £2000 more just for the testing and transfer and that doesn't allow for travel costs on top? Have I missed something or does that sound about right? Obviously if we are talking success v no success than £2000 may become insignificant but I don't know how I will make that call

Ps congrats on your daughter!!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerscrossed22!!! View Post
    nuthinbutpink - thank you so much for your help and responses and apologies if I come across as a bit dim but this is all fairly new to me so might be asking silly questions!

Savvas isn't yet to confirm the type of testing he will undertake but is to send me an email but has confirmed on the phone that he could thaw in the morning a day 5 blast, test and do the transfer a couple of hours later so still on day 5? obviously it would be great if someone else cycling at genesis could give me their views on this and experience?

I don't feel comfortable putting my body through another round of IVF so if there are no healthy female embryos (or I do not become pregnant after a transfer) I will try to move on if that makes sense? I just want to test these embryos to see if I already have a chance of a girl!

HRC is based in LA isn't it? The costs of travel and the time to do so is just the thing putting me off but obviously if I am told that the odds are significantly greater then I will explore this more. I might arrange a consult in any case so I can understand their procedure and costs

Thanks
    Claire
    I honestly do not think AGH testing can be performed that quickly. I do not know what is is really talking about doing. Perhaps but nobody else does that.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by Babygirlquest; April 13th, 2021 at 01:15 PM.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Since its only going to be a one cycle for you no matter of the results, I would look at quality clinics first. Not focus on the difference of money (if that doeant unable you ofcource). You have one shot with possible great embryos at 32, would not take the risk.
    Me 34 DH 35. hoping to add
    Cycle 1# Jan Hrc, 9 retrieved, 5 to pgd, 1 healthy xx (EB BC)& 2 xy bfn
    Cycle 2# April Hrc, 10 retrieved, 7 to pgd, 1 healthy xy NT
    Cycle 3# June Hrc, 12 retrieved, 9 to pgd, healthy 1 xx (HEB AA) bfn
    Cycle 4# August Hrc, microdose flare protocol: 18 retrieved, 9 to pgd, 2 xy 1 xx. FET with immune protocol 2015. BFP 4dp6dt! DD born in 2016.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just to update this thread but I asked a couple more questions of Genesis clinic following your thoughts and responses and got this email back about what type of testing they will do for my situation:

[I]We have been using vitrification since the onset of this technique more than
    10 years back.
    What you need to inform Genesis is the types of materials had been used to
    vitrify your embryos so we use the exact same manufacturer's brand for the
    thawing.
    As it has been explained implementing aCGH on your blastocyst cannot become
    a reality as these will have to be refrozen based on how time consuming the
    diagnostic technique is.
    We will be performing a 5 probe FISH for 13, 18, 21, X and Y following
    trophectoderm biopsies. Your embryos will be thawed either late in the
    evening of the previous day or very early in the morning of the embryo
    transfer day. The success rates with frozen and fresh embryo replacements
    are indifferent regarding pregnancies rates here at Genesis.
    Please find attached a cost break down for your treatment as per your
    request

This is all new to me so would appreciate your thoughts but one thing I have seen from my initial reading is that FISH isn't completely accurate for gender?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bump - what do people think about above email from Savvas? I really like his responses so far and think he is a good option for those of us in Europe but a big part of me is thinking this is a one time option for me with just these 5 embryos so perhaps I should bite the bullet and go with America? Have emailed HRC and Dr Braverman

Really appreciate everyones thoughts and opinions as this whole process is new to me!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    FISH is totally accurate for Gender so don't worry about that. However, with FISH it is a guessing game which embryo is the best quality unlike ACGH and given your embryos have already been frozen you really want to put back the best first, rather than re-freeze. As I said, I'm a Savvas fan but as you have one shot at this I would go with the experience of US. Good luck xx

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What if you use FISH and you have 3 females. You would have only tested gender and 3 other chromosomes, not including 16 which causes most losses. How many do you want to put back? You will have to refreeze others and leave them at Genesis. Is that ok?

Do you want twins or triplets? CGH testing gives you to the control to put back one fully tested embryo. It reduces the odds of twins, and complications from pregnancy, greatly. Most people on here that have had twins have had complications and early labor. It is a real issue.

I would choose CGH, full, testing. FISH does not increase the pregnancy rate. It only tells you gender.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast