Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pretesting for HRC

Last edited by SoFullofHope; April 23rd, 2018 at 04:44 PM.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, I can help you out here as I'm going through it at the moment! You need to get pretesting done before your consult anyway. When u book u will get the orders and depending where u are, advice on a doctor to help. It's really not a lot - I had a blood test on day 3 of my cycle and internal scans on my ovaries to count follicles and my uterus on day 6 (this can change I believe). My husband had a blood test and still needs to do his semen analysis and then we are done. So far the process has been pretty easy, just a lot of waiting for cycle days and getting organised on those days etc. next I'm go through all the results with my doctor here, then organise consult with Dr P and get my protocol for my September cycle. Good luck with whatever u decide to do!
    2014 2016

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's a game of waiting, patience and positivity!! We are all here for you! It get easier!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    #outnumbered

Hoping, wishing & praying to complete our family with a

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFullofHope View Post
    Dear BrightSky,

Thank you so much!

So you're ahead of me :-) It does seem like a lot of waiting, doesn't it? First get all the info, decide on a clinic, get a preliminary appointment with your gynaecologist over here, then wait till your next period, do the tests, wait for the test results, talk them through with your own doc, then get the consult - and that's all before it really starts with schedule and meds and waiting for them to send them over and book flights and accommodation and everything, and the worst wait will be the ER and waiting who gets fertilised and who makes it to day 5, if there are any healthy ones, and if they're of the gender you were hoping for, waiting if the embryo has implanted, waiting for the first US, and for the following ones, always hoping there's still a heartbeat. Basically, even once they're born, you're hoping they'll survive their first year (SIDS). So much insecurity... :-(

Anyway, sorry for being so gloomy...

I hope it's go really well for you and you'll have very good values and you'll get the baby of your dreams :-)
    Haha that's ok! It is a lot of waiting, that's why I've started the process now for a September trip! Hopefully it works first go for us, but if not We could probably go again. Ideally I would have probably wanted a bigger age gap (my baby is 9 months - will be 13 months by the time we go) but I don't want to leave it too long in case we need another trip.
    It is a lot to consider, but HRC have made it as seamless as possible and the doctors here have been great! All this and if we are successful there's still a whole pregnancy to get through (I hate being pregnant!)
    2014 2016

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by SoFullofHope; April 23rd, 2018 at 04:45 PM.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please could you both tell me where and who you had or are having your pretesting with?

I’m considering dr lower in London just due to the fact they are open about it all and communicate with hrc regularly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by SoFullofHope; April 23rd, 2018 at 04:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    lyagirl - I've heard of several ladies on here using Dr Lower and being happy with him.

Have you considered becoming a Dream Member? You get a free consult with Dr Potter and $1000 off your cycle. There is also a private HT section that has tons of info about the process- way more than what you see in the public areas. I'm sure you'd come across the member's cycle diaries who have used Dr Lower.

Good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast