Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gold Coast IVF Dr. Palter?

Looking for information on Gold Coast IVF clinic in Long Island. Has anyone cycled there? Any feedback is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi! Yes, I am currently under Dr. Palters care now. Haven’t officially started my IUI yet due to my upcoming vacation but all has been okay so far. I don’t think he really believes in IUI much or Femera from what I gather but other then that he knows his sh**. What are you going to get done there IUI? Or IVF?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Would luv a son3 View Post
    Hi! Yes, I am currently under Dr. Palters care now. Haven’t officially started my IUI yet due to my upcoming vacation but all has been okay so far. I don’t think he really believes in IUI much or Femera from what I gather but other then that he knows his sh**. What are you going to get done there IUI? Or IVF?
    Thank you for your reply. I haven’t decided exactly yet because was able to get pregnant naturally previously, however, my cycle has been very irregular lately. I am supposed to see him next week for a consultation. Do you have his prices for IUI vs. IVF? It’s not online and they refuse to discuss it over the phone
    I read that IUI chance is only 20 percent successful or so. Not sure about his stats. He right sounds optimistic about IUI?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m in the same boat. I have two DDs conceived naturally and I’ve been trying for a year now with three rounds of clomid included. IVF is $15,000 with his clinic. Not sure if this is how it’s done everywhere but all of his procedures are done right at his clinic. I do have prices for IUI but my insurance covers some of it (and by some I mean barely anything!) and going by what I read about IUI its really not successful BUT it’s cheaper then IVF and I really should say I (at the very least)tried it. I really want to throw up when I think about going through IVF but I really want a baby more and would probably do gender selection if/when we go that route.

He just seems to not have much good to say about IUI. He told me that each time you go through an IUI cycle that your chances decrease each time but I was confused cause I’ve always heard it the other way around. My sister had to go through all of this and she went to Dr. San Roman in Bayshore. I didn’t go to him cause he was too far for me but I think I will see him if/when we go through the IVF route just to have a second opinion.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Would luv a son3 View Post
    I’m in the same boat. I have two DDs conceived naturally and I’ve been trying for a year now with three rounds of clomid included. IVF is $15,000 with his clinic. Not sure if this is how it’s done everywhere but all of his procedures are done right at his clinic. I do have prices for IUI but my insurance covers some of it (and by some I mean barely anything!) and going by what I read about IUI its really not successful BUT it’s cheaper then IVF and I really should say I (at the very least)tried it. I really want to throw up when I think about going through IVF but I really want a baby more and would probably do gender selection if/when we go that route.

He just seems to not have much good to say about IUI. He told me that each time you go through an IUI cycle that your chances decrease each time but I was confused cause I’ve always heard it the other way around. My sister had to go through all of this and she went to Dr. San Roman in Bayshore. I didn’t go to him cause he was too far for me but I think I will see him if/when we go through the IVF route just to have a second opinion.
    I read that after you do 3 cycles of clomid/femara, the chances of getting pregnant on those meds drop significantly. I took one round of femara and didn’t even ovulate on it, when I ovulate every month naturally.
    Regarding Palter, he had the best stats in LI I think. My insurance pays nothing for any fertility treatments. Each round of IUI I think is about 1500-2000 on average.
    I would definitely do gender selection if I go the IVF route. Plus they also test all the chromosomes in addition to gender, which would make sense. I definitely wouldn’t want to go through IVF and then miscarry due to chromosomal problems.
    Does palter do IVF for gender in his clinic?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh really?! I never knew that about the clomid but it makes sense. I ovulated with it but never was able to get pregnant. I’m sorry your insurance doesn’t pay for any infertility procedures. That makes the journey that much harder.

Yes, Dr. Palter does IVF with gender selection. I actually had that talk with him. It’s another $6000 so you’re looking at a $21000 total which is CRAZY but so worth it in the end. I asked him if he could put two in and he said he could do that as well cause it will obviously increase my chances since they’re only 60%.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is so expensive!!! Not sure my husband would agree to put 2 in since we already have 3 kids. This is so hard. How old are you, if you don’t mind me asking? I feel like in a few years it may be too late for me

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don’t mind at all. I’m 33. How long did you want to wait before you possibly took this route? You have three boys? How old is your youngest? Not to be intrusive. Lol. I’m not sure two would take but I guess you never know. It would be okay though cause I have two girls and We would LOVE to have two boys but I don’t want to be greedy. A healthy baby would be such a blessing. It’s been a year of ttc for us so far.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not at all. My youngest is 5. Haven’t decided yet how long to wait. We have been trying for several months but I’m older
    Still contemplating. What about you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast