Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

15 weeks pregnant with my high tech baby girl!

Hi there! I have been on this site for quite some time but this is my first time posting. I am now a third of the way through my pregnancy and am excited to share my experience for those who have questions or are still on the fence about going this route. It was so encouraging to read the forums on here and get an insight as to what to expect.
    A little background- I am 30 years old and have 4 amazing little boys with my dear husband. He has wanted a little girl for quite some time and after our 4th perfect little guy I felt it was time to stop rolling the dice.
    I started this process about 7 months ago so I don’t remember every detail but I’ll do my best to walk through it.
    I had my original consultation with Dr. Potter in May of 2018 and got a ton of information and was given a high chance of success based on my age and history. We weren’t quite ready to start so we let Dr. Potter know that we would be in touch in a few months as we knew we were on board to commit to this process. I contacted HRC fertility in Newport Beach in September letting them
    Know that I was ready to start cycling. It started with a bunch of tests, an ultrasound, a mock transfer, and even a glucose tolerance test. All went pretty well but the glucose test reveal a slight insulin intolerance which led the doctor to prescribe me metformin to take immediately and continue through 10 weeks of pregnancy. To explain that part of it; I guess when you have a glucose intolerance it can cause the fertility medication that is given to produce your eggs to hinder the quality therefore causing a loss of eggs available for transfer. So I began taking the metformin along with several different vitamins and awaited my start date for injections.
    I started the injections prior to the egg retrieval (started them on November 30th) and my retrieval was December 11th. It was a smooth and easy process and our results were the best part! Initially the doc retrieved 25 eggs! 18 made it to day 5 and then I got the most amazing call from my coordinator- we ended up with 9 great healthy embryos... 5 boys and 4 GIRLS! I was so shocked and excited as I was truly praying for 2 healthy girls just to be safe so 4 was unbelievable! We proceeded with the cycle (a frozen embryo transfer so I’d have to wait a while) and I was told I’d start the medication for the frozen transfer in January with my transfer scheduled for February 5th.
    Our transfer day came and I was so anxious I could barely take it. We were told they chose embryo number 5 as our potential baby and i was so excited. My favorite number is 5, this baby would be our 5th child and we transferred on the 5th day of the month. Corny but it felt like a lucky day. Dr. Potter came in to do the transfer and I told him I had a really good feeling about this embryo and just like that, right in front of our eyes, our little embryo was in there- we just needed her to stick. I went home and started my 3 days of bed rest. It was weird to lay around and do nothing but i trusted the process. I made it a whole 6 days before breaking and taking an at home test- (no symptoms- just impatient) to say we were unbelievably excited when it came up positive would be a huge understatement. We both teared up it was a very happy moment. Over the next several weeks there were betas, ultrasounds, and bloodwork. All while still having injections in my booty every day until 10 weeks. It seemed never ending but it did end and ultimately it was worth it. We confirmed our baby’s gender recently and it made it all the more real.
    I am so happy we went through with this- it was a lot of money and it was definitely a process but so worth it. It was amazing to be pregnant and not spend those first few months agonizing over the baby’s gender and trying to dissect every symptom grasping for hope. I needed that part the most. I would recommend Dr. potter 100 times over. I have heard or read that some find him unfriendly and that turned them off but I personally didn’t see him that way- he may not be overly friendly but I didn’t need a friend I wanted the best. His IVF coordinator was who I dealt with most and she was amazing. Answered all my questions and she was always encouraging. As far as Dr. Potter- he’s professional and I trusted that he knew exactly what to do every step of the way. Any little speed bump he had a solution. I am forever grateful I did my research and ultimately chose him.
    We still have a ways to go in this pregnancy but I really wanted to share my experience in hopes of possibly helping someone else decide on doing this or feel like they have an outlet for answers to their questions. I am thinking of all of you who are starting this process or in the middle of it as I know it can feel overwhelming- best of luck to you all!!

2. Likes Blushpinkbabyxx liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats on your baby girl!! And, thanks so much for sharing your journey! It’s nice to read others experiences throughout the process.

We wanted the best when it came to going down this avenue so we went to Dr. Potter as well, and we have absolutely no regrets spending the money and traveling to him. I finished cycling in February, and while it certainly is a process at every. single. step. of the way, it was one decision that I’m glad we moved forward with. We had success on our first cycle and are going back in a few months for our FET of our XX!! I’m so excited!! Looks like we were at HRC at the same time. I was there on Feb 5th, so perhaps we crossed paths when we were there!!
    Momma to two handsome boys Dreaming, wishing, hoping & praying to high heaven for our baby girl to complete our family

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations!
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Blushpinkbaby!!- That is so crazy that we were there the same day!! I was downstairs in the surgery center since that’s where they do the transfer.. not sure if you were there or upstairs but either way that is so cool! So happy you have been successful with your cycle! So I’m guessing you’ve done the egg retrieval.. when is your transfer set for? I’m so happy for you as I am so happy that I myself chose to go through with this. There is of course always chance of failure but we poured our heart and part of our savings in to it and I’m so happy we took the chance. I am NOT a big risk taker.. especially with money but I’m so blown away by how thorough the process is and i will forever be so happy we used Dr. Potter. If you have any questions or need any support please feel free to reach out!!

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you ksmom!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

15 weeks pregnant with my high tech baby girl!

Super crazy we were there the same day!! Would have been cool if we had ran into each other haha Yes, I was upstairs for my last check and prescription for my trigger shot. My retrieval got moved a day. I was supposed to have ER on the 6th, but was slower to respond so I stimmed for 1 extra day which moved my retrieval to the 7th. It all worked out though as we had success!! Our FET is set for the end of Sept. So excited!! Summer always goes by so fast so I have a feeling that 3 months will fly right by!

I’m not a big risk taker either, and I always sleep on big decisions. Even though we did sleep on this decision, it was an easy decision to make. So far the reward has been worth the risk! I’m hoping it’s the same for our FET!!

There is so much to do to prepare yourself and get your body ready for IVF, so it only seems natural to prepare for FET. What did you do to prepare for your FET?
    Last edited by Blushpinkbabyxx; June 24th, 2019 at 07:34 PM.
    Momma to two handsome boys Dreaming, wishing, hoping & praying to high heaven for our baby girl to complete our family

9. Likes Heart desires pink LP liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for sharing your experience! Good luck with your pregnancy!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Blushpinkbabyxx View Post
    Super crazy we were there the same day!! Would have been cool if we had ran into each other haha Yes, I was upstairs for my last check and prescription for my trigger shot. My retrieval got moved a day. I was supposed to have ER on the 6th, but was slower to respond so I stimmed for 1 extra day which moved my retrieval to the 7th. It all worked out though as we had success!! Our FET is set for the end of Sept. So excited!! Summer always goes by so fast so I have a feeling that 3 months will fly right by!

I’m not a big risk taker either, and I always sleep on big decisions. Even though we did sleep on this decision, it was an easy decision to make. So far the reward has been worth the risk! I’m hoping it’s the same for our FET!!

There is so much to do to prepare yourself and get your body ready for IVF, so it only seems natural to prepare for FET. What did you do to prepare for your FET?
    This is awesome. Congratulations.
    Did you take any supplements before IVF?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
    Me: 29 DH: 32
    Darling[2015]
    Praying & Swaying for
    May 2018