Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

HT GS friendly clinic in Pennsylvania (King of Prussia)

Hi, I have been reading the swaying & HT forums for the past few days. We have a beautiful 2 yr old daughter and planning for a boy. I understand swaying is not a guarantee, hence researching about IVF/PGD. My DH is on board with what I decide, but I am apprehensive and worried with all the tablets/injections we have to undergo.

I see a lot of people cycling in LA with Dr. Potter. Are there any good clinics in Pennsylvania, near the King of Prussia area with good success rates and offering GS? We can travel to NJ/NY or , but the more local it is, the better it will be. But we will plan for travel if the plan and the success rate is better for sure.

I plan to do an initial consultation to understand the process better and convince myself that HT way is not risky to my health in the long-term.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you want to guarantee a boy then I highly recommend going HT right off the bat unless you plan to have any number of children above two and can try swaying for a boy more than once.

As long as you have good pretesting then you 100% maximize your chances of having a boy through IVF/PGS vs. swaying. If you want to take the 50/50 chance of swaying and are happy either way then perhaps swaying is the better choice, but if you will be having any sort of regret for not doing HT and guaranteeing yourself a son then I would just go straight for HT.

As far as cycling with Dr. Potter, I cannot recommend him enough!! He’s a strong advocate for GS and he truly is the best of the best!! It’s one of the reasons why we went to him. I wanted the best, and I got the best!!
    Momma to two handsome boys Dreaming, wishing, hoping & praying to high heaven for our baby girl to complete our family

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just emailed you a couple of clinic names!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, Thanks, I understand HT is the way to go. But just worried, if the meds have any long-term effects. I have hypothyroid and am overweight. Don't want to add another problem....

Quote Originally Posted by Blushpinkbabyxx View Post
    If you want to guarantee a boy then I highly recommend going HT right off the bat unless you plan to have any number of children above two and can try swaying for a boy more than once.

As long as you have good pretesting then you 100% maximize your chances of having a boy through IVF/PGS vs. swaying. If you want to take the 50/50 chance of swaying and are happy either way then perhaps swaying is the better choice, but if you will be having any sort of regret for not doing HT and guaranteeing yourself a son then I would just go straight for HT.

As far as cycling with Dr. Potter, I cannot recommend him enough!! He’s a strong advocate for GS and he truly is the best of the best!! It’s one of the reasons why we went to him. I wanted the best, and I got the best!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can understand that worry, and I can honestly say that I had a little bit of reservations in the beginning as well about the process and the meds but I chalked it up to the unknown since I was a newbie and it was foreign to me. The stimulation meds just hyper stimulate your ovaries into producing more follicles with the exact same hormones that your body produces naturally for only one dominant follicle each month. Your AF and ovulation resumes as normal after egg retrieval as well. I don’t believe there are any long term effects but I suppose if you are worried at all you can always speak with a pharmacist on the commonly used meds — although without having pretesting done and having a cycle booked in you likely won’t be told which meds and what protocol you’d be out on. If it helps at all, my IVF cycle was at the beginning of the year and I just had a medicated FET cycle, between those two cycles I’ve had zero lasting side effects and minimal side effects during use.
    Momma to two handsome boys Dreaming, wishing, hoping & praying to high heaven for our baby girl to complete our family

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’d love to know the clinic names as well if you don’t mind sharing! I’m researching and trying to decide which clinic to do a consult with and am having trouble narrowing it down since this isn’t one of the big name clinic areas. I’ve done as much research as I can and think I’ve narrowed it down to a couple but would love to know which ones you have on the list. Thank you!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m also in the same area and researching clinics. There is so much great healthcare in this area I’m so so hopeful I can find one and stay close to home! Do you have any in mind yet?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So far, RMA is the one which I have in mind. But somehow, not totally convinced yet...

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    Just emailed you a couple of clinic names!
    I know this post is old, but Could you send to me as well? Thank you!