Thread: Sperm Sorting

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sperm Sorting

Does anyone have any experience with Gender Select in Louisville, KY? Dr. Richard Levin? They are saying they use a proprietary sperm sorting method based on the principle that X & Y have different DNA weights.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am not sure we have anyone that has tried it but I am sure it is a more affordable option than IVF. I would ask what the conception rate is with it to see how many attempts you should plan for.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do they have statistics on how well it works?

The catch is, with some of these clinics, they will give you a phenominal number but that is for sperm sorting PLUS IVF/PGD. Spinning plus IUI has low conception rate and if it's only like 60-70% success rate you can get that from TTC with swaying.

Let us know what you find out.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was thinking of possibly swaying along with the sperm sorting/IUI to increase my chances. I’m just starting out researching but want to go ahead & get on the diet & make a plan. My husband is not fully on board yet as our youngest is just 2 months old but I’m am so desperate for a daughter that it’s almost consuming me.
    I wasn’t swaying with my last son. I had a very low food intake, cardio several times a week, & wine almost nightly. I did eat a lot of eggs so I wonder if that contributed to another boy? I also have always had a lot of EWCM so maybe I’m just not acidic enough naturally?
    I’m currently breastfeeding so I can’t restrict too much. I know atomic suggested a vegetarian diet. But is there anything else I can do right now?? Supplements? douche or lubricants?

This was the reply I received from Gender Select:

The success rate for a girl a 75%. That means out of 100 women who achieve pregnancy with a gender sperm sorting pregnancy, 75 of them will be pregnant with a baby girl. The rate of conception is 20-25% per month Which means that out of 100 women that get inseminated, 20-25 of them will achieve pregnancy the first month 20 to 25 of them will a cheap pregnancy the second month and so on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The trouble is, though, that swaying pink can make it harder to conceive and since IUI has low odds of conception anyway, it's probably not the best idea to do that. You can of course do diet but you would have to be exceedingly careful not to lose too much weight and you'd have to avoid anything that might inhibit chances of conception.

Hmm do they have any data that backs that up? That is higher than sperm sorting generally gets (in terms of success rates) and additionally is much higher rate of conception than IUI generally has. I am highly, highly skeptical of any claim that states a conception rate of 20-25% with IUI because that is not borne out by other studies. https://www.verywellfamily.com/what-...s-rate-1960191 That really makes my Spidey Sense tingle unless they can show you hard data to prove that.

IUI uses Clomid to induce ovulation and we have 75% success rate with Clomid and swaying.

No supplements till your baby is older.

When did you stop bleeding postpartum?? Douching can be very risky if you are not healed. I would hold off. Lubes may be better but they haven't worked for us (neither has douching).

RE your previous conception - there seems to be an upper window on swaying success of about 25% so even under ideal circumstances you can have done everything just right and still get a boy 1/4 of the time! So we can't know if you even did anything blue friendly or if you just fell into the opposite range. Don't read too much into that.

6. Thanks Ergdunn thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello! I am looking into the same thing but at a Houston clinic. I got pregnant before through an iui (first attempt) so have no reason to think it would not happen again. The problem with most clinics IUI stats is that most of them are done on people with infertility. If you do an IUI on people without known fertility issues, obviously the stats are going to be better and have a higher percentage of conceptions.

My biggest concern is just that I wonder how truly accurate it is in terms of getting the preferred sex...

my husband is a physician and he's done a lot of research into this and he doesn't think it's terribly accurate. He thinks the Microsort is a lot more accurate, but I'm a little scared of that because it's not known how safe it is.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, I don't think anyone in the US does Microsort. I think they only do sperm spinning.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have seen a LOT of people go through many cycles of IUI + spinning and Microsort and they didn't conceive. So I do think it does reduce odds by a lot. You're right that some people who do IUI need it because of fertility challenges, but more and more most people with severe fertility challenges go straight to IVF any more.

After I'd seen a person get an opposite with a 92% sperm sort (this was when Microsoft was available in the US) I have gotten very skeptical of all methods of GS that are not IVF/PGD. They just don't work reliably. But you're right that no one does MS in the United States any more.

I personally am very skeptical about the sperm sorting. I've seen too many of the places involved giving out misleading info to people and I don't trust their numbers. No one really knows what their results are since their systems are mostly proprietary and they never publish a study on them, meaning no other scientists can test them.