Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fertility Institute of Hawaii??

Hi everyone,

I currently have 2 little boys, hoping to add a little girl through HT in 2022 - currently trying to get DH on board (he's is VERY hesitant to even try for a third). I'm wondering if anyone has gone to the Fertility Institute of Hawaii for family balancing. I like the idea of combining a holiday with IVF, we wouldn't tell anyone we were having it done so it's a good cover story. I live in Canada.

Thank you!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fertility Institute of Hawaii??

Welcome to HT! Hopefully you can get your DH on board for a third baby as well as going HT. I can’t offer you anything about Fertility Institute of Hawaii as we didn’t cycle there. We chose to cycle with Dr. Potter at HRC in California and made a vacation out of it. We are from Canada as well and chose HRC for many reasons including the vacation aspect. Depending on where in Canada you are from there are things to consider and keep in mind when traveling. Hopefully someone has cycled at FIH and can offer you something about it and their experience there.
    Last edited by Blushpinkbabyxx; December 3rd, 2019 at 10:59 AM.
    Momma to two handsome boys Dreaming, wishing, hoping & praying to high heaven for our baby girl to complete our family

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Blushpinkbabyxx,

We are from British Columbia so California isn't too far out of the way for us. I was also considering a few clinics in Washington State as we live near the border (Spokane is only 4 hours from us). Would you be willing to share your costs for the entire process? You're welcome to PM me as well if you don't want to share the costs on the thread. I am really hoping to get hubby on board - any advice?!

Cheers!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BGW, I am from Spokane and the clinic in Spokane actually has quite good results. It's well worth looking into going there. I don't know much about them (they are affiliated with my OBGYN who delivered my kiddos, and I really liked them) and I"m not sure anyone from our site has gone there, but the results on SART were pretty good at least a couple years ago. https://www.sart.org/
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Thanks babygirlwishing thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic! That is super promising information. Now to just get hubby on board!

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well hi there neighbour! California definitely isn’t far for you. I considered Washington state as well, but in the end liked the idea of California for the vacation aspect especially since it wasn’t out of the norm for us and our vacations anyways.

The cycle costs at HRC we’re similar to our own local clinic (excluding currency conversion) and were maybe only slightly on the higher side, but we wanted the best and since they are a highly sought after clinic that is to be expected. However, I think you might find that with any GS clinic for non-infertility reasons. The total costs can vary due to medication protocol as well as your monitoring and travel expenses, so it really depends. If you fill out the form and request a free consult with Dr. Potter on this site you get $1000 off your cycle, which is a nice bonus.

Wish I had advice on how to get your hubby on board. Mine was pretty open to the process. I also think my husband wants a daughter as much as I do too. Maybe just having open conversations about your desire for a third baby and a daughter, and going HT to get her, will help him be open minded and willing to try?
    Momma to two handsome boys Dreaming, wishing, hoping & praying to high heaven for our baby girl to complete our family

9. Thanks babygirlwishing thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic,

Without contacting the clinic, I perused their website and noticed they did not mention "family balancing" or "gender selection", should I assume that this is not offered there or would it be wise to send an e-mail inquiring?

Cheers!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They don't always or even usually mention it but many places still do it anyway. I would call or email, they get the question all the time.

12. Thanks babygirlwishing thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    They don't always or even usually mention it but many places still do it anyway. I would call or email, they get the question all the time.
    Okay thank you for the advice Atomic! I think I have hubby on board now (we will see if it holds). I am hoping for a baby girl by 2021!

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Keep us posted!!!