Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi- wanted to cycle with Genesis- how did you find it?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just contacted them through their website. At the beginning they take some time to answer but their reply is quicker as you go on with the process.
    My kids (2012) (2014) (2015) HT (2017) and HT (2019)

Cycle #1 Genesis Nov/Dec 2016: 5 retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 tested, 1 abnormal XX, 1 normal XX HBAA transferred BN
    Cycle #2 Genesis Feb/Mar 2017: 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 tested, 2 normal XX.
    FET #1 8/April/2017: HT DD1 Born 25/Dec/17
    FET #2 15/Feb/2019: HT DD2 Born 25/Oct/19

3. Likes MRPR14 liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    where did you stay when you are out there?
    any advice you can give me on the professionalism of the clinic and doctor?
    Thanks

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've done 3 cycles with Genesis recently. BFN so far. I'm 38.

However the clinic is very professional and the staff do go out of their way to be supportive and friendly. Savvas is very earnest and realistic face-to-face but you'll have a hard time catching him on the phone. Best time to phone is about 9am UK time (11am Cyprus time). That's when all the egg collections are usually over. If I lived out there I would probably keep going back until I get a result, but alas, our finances have seized up.
    DS1 (2007)
    DS2&3 twins (2010)
    DS4 "failed" sway (2013) - apple of my eye
    Tried HT for in 2016-18
    Genesis Cycle #1 Aug 2016: 8 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilised, no normal XX, no transfer
    Genesis Cycle #2 Apr 2017: 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilised, 1 normal XX (under 5-probe FISH), BFN
    Genesis Cycle #3 Jul 2017: 12 eggs retrieved, 7 fertilised, 3 normal XX (under 5-probe FISH) of which 2 transferred, BFN
    Genesis FET Oct 2017: 1 XX hatching blast transferred, BFN
    Clinic C**** Cycle #4 Mar 2018 2017: 16 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilised, 8 tested with PGD. 1 euploid XX, 1 mosaic XX.
    Clinic C**** FET Jun 2018 1 euploid XX transferred, BFN What is going on? Repeated no implantation

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I liked the team and I think the procedures were good as they agreed with everything my clinic in Spain advised.
    In Limassol you can stay anywhere as it is a very touristic area. I looked for cheap apartments on booking. Both where nice and conveniently close to the clinic.

Cycle #1 Genesis Nov/Dec 2016: 5 retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 tested, 1 abnormal XX, 1 normal XX HBAA transferred BN
    Cycle #2 Genesis Feb/Mar 2017: 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 tested, 2 normal XX.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for this post, its given me hope. I'm 42 with 3 little boys and have been dreaming of a girl forever. I shouldn't have left it till now- but worry if I wait any longer the chances will just be slimmer. I've been in touch with Rainsbury but the cost is so high 23k (he says I'll need 3 rounds given my age and that we don't want twins). I've come across Genesis quite a bit now and have a call lined up with them in a few days. So how does it work, who does all the scanning, etc here in the UK?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MBgirldreaming View Post
    Thank you for this post, its given me hope. I'm 42 with 3 little boys and have been dreaming of a girl forever. I shouldn't have left it till now- but worry if I wait any longer the chances will just be slimmer. I've been in touch with Rainsbury but the cost is so high 23k (he says I'll need 3 rounds given my age and that we don't want twins). I've come across Genesis quite a bit now and have a call lined up with them in a few days. So how does it work, who does all the scanning, etc here in the UK?
    The original poster ended up having really poor testing results and ended up TTC naturally. (she did get a girl though)

Your chances with your own eggs are going to be really, really poor. I think you need to consider, seriously consider donor eggs. I know that's not what you are probably hoping to hear but that will be your best bet.

FWIW I find that Genesis will promise you all sorts of things that may not be entirely true. They don't have as good of a success rate as other clinics and I cannot recommend going to them if you have anything less than absolutely optimal fertility. Please look into other options before proceeding with Genesis unless you really do have money burning a hole in your pocket, LOL, because you may end up spending time and money on a clinic that will not be your very best chances of success. Good luck!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Thanks MBgirldreaming thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ever hopeful View Post
    I went to Genesis when I was 44 (almost 45) and against all of the odds got a BFP first time with an XX but sadly, after good Beta's and HB scan had a m/c at 9 weeks - only FISH tested. Second cycle when I was 45 did a tandem one - this time used full testing on my embies and again against all odds got a healthy XX - put this one back along with a FISH tested DE and my gorgeous DD is now 3. With regards to Savvas found him a nightmare via email and not brilliant on the telephone but face-to-face he was excellent. He gave me very honest opinion about my chances 10% first shot but said all we could do was try (I had my 2 of my 3 DSs in my 40's naturally, without probs, but obviously at 44 pre-testing wasn't good). Good luck x
    Please understand, everyone, when reading this post, that this poster implanted BOTH a donor egg and her own egg at the same time, same cycle. She did end up pregnant but do not take this to mean that this was necessarily from her own egg because it's far more likely that it was the DE that took. I just really really want people to understand that and not stop reading at "I got pregnant at nearly 45 at Genesis" because this is not going to be the case for the vast majority of 40-45 year olds unless you do donor eggs.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you atomic sagebrush for that advice. Searching through the minefield to find a clinic that would give me the best chance given my age (42) of using my own eggs. If that doesn't work we'll look into donor eggs. Thanks again!

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with atomic that HT at 42 doesn’t give many chances. Anyway, it is good you are going to give your eggs a try but also considering DE is good as you will have a plan in case it doesn’t work out.

14. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast