Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Success with British Cyprus IVF

I havent posted for a while and i apologise but life has been hectic (in a good wAy!) we went to the British Cyprus IVF clinic (used to be called Bahcecci clinic) in North Cyprus for gender selection using donor egg for a girl and im happy to say that we were successful first time. I am
    Now nearly 12 weeks pregnant. The whole experience was amazing. Zeren the co-ordinator, whose English is super corresonded with me via whats app and answered any queries i had immediately. The clinic is in famagusta, its a brand new purosefully built hospital which is super modern. I was warmly welcomed and looked after amazingly. We made it a lovely family holiday, staying in Kyrenia, about 40 mins from
    famagusta in a 5* full board hotel (which is cheaper than the South which made it affirdable). The boys enjoyd the private beach, snorkelling in the sea, water park, entertainment snd of course the food at the Acapulco resort and spa. It wS perfect in every way. There were many british families there on holidays the same time. We travelled to larnaca airport in the south, arranged a taxi before hand and passing the border to the North was a breeze, we just had to show passports. I chose this clinic because my fertility consultant here in the UK whom i saw privately and was able to discuss gs openly with, said he would support me with any clinic i chose. However, he said that in his opinion, bahcecci/british cyprus ivf was among the best in the world and that he has seen many success stories there, whether its ysing own eggs or donor. I had to use donor due to poor pretesting. The price was about €7800 and was worth it every penny as i had first class service. I paid £1000 to the uk clinic which included all scans, consultations, endometrial scratch and an ivf fertility nurse answered any queries i had via email within acdat. I hope that my story will help others wherever you are on your journey. Just wanted to share my story with you.

2. Likes The Anchor, BabyGirl14 liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there! I am new to the forum and am looking into IVF/PGD. From the UK, obviously having to travel. I got in contact with another clinic in Cyprus who have so far been very helpful. I just googled the clinic to which you are referring and it says they can't do gender selection according to new legislation? Do you know anything about this? Congratulations on your success!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you littlelady dreaming! Sorry for being ages replying i havent loggod on for ages. Just looked at their website and you are right, they do say they can’t perform it, this must be something recent. However have u asked them directly? I read on one fertility forum that they are allowed to do pgd for gender selection for international patients and not for local natives. They are very responsive via whats app (or used to be).
    Last edited by perhaps; March 26th, 2018 at 12:50 AM.

5. Dislikes ela0810 disliked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think they can still do it for Internationals...I have been communicating with them

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They have told me they can do it...im planning on going from the UK early in 2019. Been impressed so far, but still deciding...bit of a minefield isnt it?!

Can i ask how much your meds were? How did you arrange that?
    Did you use a UK clinic that they recommended for pre-testing? Did they ask you loads of questoons about why you were going abroad for IVF and if so what did yoy tell them?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi 3littleladies I found a private fertility clinic an hour away from where i live. I made an appointmrnt to see a consultant gynecologist. I was open with him from the start although i was very nervous as i didnt know what response i'd get. He was marvellous and recommended the clinic i used in cyprus. I had all my pretesting done at his clinic for £1000. Whenever i wanted nedshis fertility nurse would order them, then the pharmacy company would phone me to arrange payment. It was simple. All the best in 2019 for you. My beautiful baby daughter is lying in her crib right next to my bed. Can't believe she's here thanks to british cyprus ivf
    Quote Originally Posted by 3littleladies01 View Post
    They have told me they can do it...im planning on going from the UK early in 2019. Been impressed so far, but still deciding...bit of a minefield isnt it?!

Can i ask how much your meds were? How did you arrange that?
    Did you use a UK clinic that they recommended for pre-testing? Did they ask you loads of questoons about why you were going abroad for IVF and if so what did yoy tell them?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by perhaps; June 18th, 2018 at 05:23 PM.

9. Likes The Anchor liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Where abouts on your journey are you bananagirl? X

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello there Perhaps,
    Congratulations on your pregrancy and thank you for the information you gave.
    Can I ask a few additional questions?
    When did you start your process (contact and info gathering) and had to go to Cyprus for you PGD?
    did the clinic organise your travelling or did you sorted everything out? How did you manage the clinic visits/hospitalisation for you and your husband whilst out with your kids?
    I haven't done any testing but my gynaecologist thinks it would be okay to use our own material since we are in good health and condition and did not have any trouble conceiving the first two times (if not we are more healthy now than back then). But i'm torn between the clinics, the costs (is that really what it costed you because I'm afraid they give you an amount but it actually costs you like 20% more), and the success rate (36) and the feeling of having an scientific baby, I feel like I'm being enormously selfish and that I have no right to complain since there are couples who cant have any kids and here I am with my 'luxury' problem. I really miss another baby, and if I'm honest, I miss a girl. I cry over the empty feeling every day. When my boys are having fun, I'm happy and sad at the same time, because I feel someone is missing. And to top it, everyone around me is having babies, all girls Thanks for sharing your experience and time! Greetz, A.
    A.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyGirl14 View Post
    Hello there Perhaps,
    Congratulations on your pregrancy and thank you for the information you gave.
    Can I ask a few additional questions?
    When did you start your process (contact and info gathering) and had to go to Cyprus for you PGD?
    did the clinic organise your travelling or did you sorted everything out? How did you manage the clinic visits/hospitalisation for you and your husband whilst out with your kids?
    I haven't done any testing but my gynaecologist thinks it would be okay to use our own material since we are in good health and condition and did not have any trouble conceiving the first two times (if not we are more healthy now than back then). But i'm torn between the clinics, the costs (is that really what it costed you because I'm afraid they give you an amount but it actually costs you like 20% more), and the success rate (36) and the feeling of having an scientific baby, I feel like I'm being enormously selfish and that I have no right to complain since there are couples who cant have any kids and here I am with my 'luxury' problem. I really miss another baby, and if I'm honest, I miss a girl. I cry over the empty feeling every day. When my boys are having fun, I'm happy and sad at the same time, because I feel someone is missing. And to top it, everyone around me is having babies, all girls Thanks for sharing your experience and time! Greetz, A.
    Of course you can ask me any question you like, im very very sorry that i haven't logged on for a while. Where are you on your journey by now? I started gathering information, mainly from this forum about two years in advance. Then following a consultation with a gynecologist i followed his advice. However, i understand that Zeren and Dr Zehra has moved to Kolan British Hospital which is also based in North Cyprus. When my husband was donating the sperm, we all went to the hospital and explained to the kids that my husband was seeing a Dr for his sore throat while we all sat downstairs in a lovely lounge playing games on the ipad. It didnt take long! Then we took the kids on a bit of sightseeing around the area and found a good taxi driver who showed us the main stuff. Turned out to be a great day out lol! When i had to go for transfer, I went on my own to the hospital, my husband stayed in the hotel with the boys who thought i was in the spa. Bless them, they were so excited that mummy was having a spa treatment! The clinic (Zeren), as well as my consultant were always ready to advice me on the best place to stay and transport etc. It was my consultant in the UK who recommended our hotel/resort in North Cyprus and we most certainly were not disappointed!! Zeren told me which dates i needed to fly etc and she emailed me a timetable of when to start taking meds and which ones to take etc.

I completely understnad what you mean by feeling selfish with having a 'luxury problem'. We too had amazing, happy and healthy boys but my desire for a girl kept following me and was really strong. I tried everything to try to forget about the desire, e.g i started a new job which was hectic and tried to submerge myself into it, i took the family on an amazing holiday, even went to counselling. But i knew. I had to go through with it and i did. My 9 month beautiful baby girl is upstairs in her cot fast asleep. She is adored by her three big brothers sooooo much. My husband, who initially wasnt happy about what we were doing but was going through it to keep me happy, is also sooo besotted, he adores her and is so glad that we went through the process. I have a saying on the wall in my kitchen which says "Wish it. Dream it. Do it". I'm glad that i attempted. I'm lucky that we succeeded. Had we not succeeded at least i could look back and say, "Hey, never mind, at least i tried and it wasn't meant to be".

Regarding the cost, sorry i don't know how much it was but ive said in the first post i think. However, i understand that the prices have increased. However, please remember that Zeren has moved to the Kolan British Hospital.

Again i apologise for being late replying to you. I'm also apologising for being late replying to the many pm messages i have received. I will make an attempt to log on more often. Good luck and keep us updated.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for you reply.
    We haven't much advanced there. We got accidentally pregnant in September 2018. There he told me he had already made his mind around the fact we would have to go to Cyprus. I told him that if it would be a girl, I would keep it. But unfortunately, it was a boy and we cannot handle 3 boys like that. And I knew there was no possibility or 4 kids, and I know I still want a girl. so if I was gonna add one to the family, it had to be the right gender. We terminated that pregnancy without every informing anyone (apart from the OBGYN and our house doctor). It was hard and I thought we had an opening there but when I tried to talk about it last December, I got the whole list of cons again. I don't get why he could have been okay with it if that accident was a girl, but now it's back to inconceivable. I'm not letting go and we are going to have the talk again. But I want to have all my information clear and narrowed down the choices of hospitals to collaborate with. I see a lot about Team Miracle Cyprus IVF Centre, even on Instagram, then you have British IVF CYprus Hospital which used to be Bahcecci, and I read now that you mention Kolan British Hospital. We will only be able to do this once and my OBGYN has no experience at all with this (she had once a patient but she didn't keep the information about the clinic because there were no fit embryos to implant and she didn't try again). So what would you mommies recommend? Hope I've not been to blunt with my comment on the abortion :/ Have a nice day!
    A.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast