Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

PGD options for the UK Mums

Hi

So I have 3 boys and my youngest is now 6. I thought I would be happy to stop at 3 but I keep thinking what if I had a girl... so we are looking at PGD abroad. I have done extensive research and looked at Rainsbury clinic here but the cost is £15000 for one treatment and he's adamant I'd probably need two. I've looked at going direct to the Team Miracle in Cyprus or Crete Fertility in Crete and both options are much cheaper. However I just don't have the time with 3 boys to go abroad and do the whole treatment there. I looked at Prague but both clinics stressed it's illegal there. US is an option but again it's finding the time and what if it fails first time? Bangkok was also an option but they only transfer 1 egg and the do FET so I'd need to go back twice, but I like the idea of a long extended trip in Asia, but prices were nearly £10,000, I would've thought Asia would be cheaper, plus I just don't know about the language barrier, and it being in Bangkok.

So I have settled on Dubai, I am in contact with a clinic in London who work with Fakih IVF in Dubai and if all goes to plan will start the meds just before school holidays and then we as a family will go to Dubai and spend 7-10 days there and see what happens... I hope to transfer two embryos. This was a cheaper option - I think roughly costs for UK and Dubai treatment would amount to £10,000. Not including flights and accommodation.

I'd love to hear anyone else's research and thoughts.. It's such a mine field out there and totally mind boggling! All the posts I've been googling are really old, so it would be nice to get updated success stories abroad
    Last edited by Martha; October 8th, 2018 at 04:35 PM.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't touch Rainsbury - he's just a middle man that charges you a fortune for doing what you can easily source yourself, scans, bloods and meds. I know a couple of peole who used him! I really would just go directly to whatever clinic you are choosing rather than using a London clinic who work with another clinic. If you become a dream member, only $20 you will be able to read lots of recent success stories and gets lots of support. In the time I've been on here, not sure very many people have gone to Dubai though. Good luck.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It really isn't, and you aren't really getting it done under one roof with him (he used to work withi Genesis, but changed clinics around 3 years ago). It's much better to have a relationship with the clinc you are actually cycling with. You'd have to do monitoring in the UK anyway, if you were off to Cyprus, US, CZ ...but there are lots of places you can get it done - you couldn't fly out without monitoring unless you were planning to do all stimming abroad which would be daft. Good luck, I remember what a minefield it seems at first - but worth it in the end! x

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

PGD options for the UK Mums

Quote Originally Posted by Martha View Post
    Hi

So I have 3 boys and my youngest is now 6. I thought I would be happy to stop at 3 but I keep thinking what if I had a girl... so we are looking at PGD abroad. I have done extensive research and looked at Rainsbury clinic here but the cost is £15000 for one treatment and he's adamant I'd probably need two. I've looked at going direct to the Team Miracle in Cyprus or Crete Fertility in Crete and both options are much cheaper. However I just don't have the time with 3 boys to go abroad and do the whole treatment there. I looked at Prague but both clinics stressed it's illegal there. US is an option but again it's finding the time and what if it fails first time? Bangkok was also an option but they only transfer 1 egg and the do FET so I'd need to go back twice, but I like the idea of a long extended trip in Asia, but prices were nearly £10,000, I would've thought Asia would be cheaper, plus I just don't know about the language barrier, and it being in Bangkok.

So I have settled on Dubai, I am in contact with a clinic in London who work with Fakih IVF in Dubai and if all goes to plan will start the meds just before school holidays and then we as a family will go to Dubai and spend 7-10 days there and see what happens... I hope to transfer two embryos. This was a cheaper option - I think roughly costs for UK and Dubai treatment would amount to £10,000. Not including flights and accommodation. I feel better with this idea and I believe it's more 'discreet' if I return pregnant from Dubai Rainsbury was a good option because it's all done for you but the idea of Dubai just sounds like a nice break and they have lots of positive feedback. Plus I don't think it's illegal there, they can't freeze embryos unless you ask the ministry or health so that may also be an option and go back on our next half term.

I'd love to hear anyone else's research and thoughts.. It's such a mine field out there and totally mind boggling! All the posts I've been googling are really old, so it would be nice to get updated success stories abroad
    Hi there , after having 4 boys in Australia I chose team miracle in cyprus and I did 9 days of stims before I travelled then was in cyprus for 9 days I was lucky enough to get a fresh transfer , out of 10 eggs retrieved i had 7 embryos make it to testing and 3 healthy girls . I put back two and had 2 heartbeats at 8 weeks however I had one not make it to 10 weeks I am currently 28 weeks with much awaited baby girl . I also have one in the freezer in cyprus . What if you make girls in Dubai but you can’t freeze them so if the one/two you Transfer don’t take ( worst case ) then you have to do the whole thing again ? I felt good having one back up in cyprus and I would only have to do FET ... good luck whatever you decide xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Boy 2003

Boy 2006

Boy 2009

boy number 4 Dec 2013

Cyprus Team Miracle Oct/Nov 2017 10 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilised, 7 to testing, 3 healthy xx
    transferred 2 AA xx BFP Nov 10th 2 heartbeats seen and heard at 7.5 weeks
    10 week scan one twin fetal demise 8 weeks, one healthy heartbeat seen.
    Baby Girl Born 13th July 2018 my world is finally complete!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks, oh ok yeah lots of variables where in australia will you be visiting? im in South Australia its lovely! dubai sounds good i was just thinking about the freezing part and thought cyprus is closer to you good luck !
    Boy 2003

Boy 2006

Boy 2009

boy number 4 Dec 2013

Cyprus Team Miracle Oct/Nov 2017 10 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilised, 7 to testing, 3 healthy xx
    transferred 2 AA xx BFP Nov 10th 2 heartbeats seen and heard at 7.5 weeks
    10 week scan one twin fetal demise 8 weeks, one healthy heartbeat seen.
    Baby Girl Born 13th July 2018 my world is finally complete!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Martha,
    Sounds like you are in the same boat as me, just a step ahead. I've been in touch w Rainsbury, but also hearing that I'd need 3 rounds (23k), as I'm 42 and only want a single transfer as DH definitely doesn't want twins. I believe he works with Crete Fertility Centre. We've done the initial screening he requests (c£400), but I'm not receiving a breakdown of costs or full information of next steps, just an invoice before we go on. I can't find out that much information online about the Crete Fertility Centre. I think I just need more 'handholding'! Please could you tell me the clinic you use here in London, as would be very interested to explore the Dubai option. Do you know if they also offer a 'package' if you buy more rounds? Thank you!!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi MB
    I know exactly how your feeling... I felt Rainsbury was pushing me to buy into 2 or 3 rounds of IVF and I am 35 and no fertility issues but he still wasn't convinced, my husband says maybe he's managing expectations but it's a lot of money to pay when you might succeed first time...
    I emailed Crete Fertility and they were helpful, they asked me to contact a Dr here who could help me out. I did email him but his reply was a bit delayed and by then I was already keen on Dubai. I emailed Dubai (Fakih IVF) and I have been sending emails back and forth so I feel quite familiar with the process, Ghina has been really helpful and reassuring. She told me to contact a Dr in London and her PA told me they work with Fakih and to book in a consultation (which was a 5 weeks wait). When I met with my Dr she put us right at ease and told me the options that I could use... Dubai, Cyprus and USA - all places that legally allow gender selection. She then did a scan and looked at my dates for travel and told me to come back next month for bloods and husband duties and I guess we will get the ball rolling from there! She will be in contact with Dubai and will tell me when to start meds and to do the trigger injection and she will have the timings all work out (which was my biggest worry). All I need to do is get to Dubai and to the clinic on the correct date! It sounded easy and I was relieved, and we immediately warmed to her. She didn't give me options for second round, but suggested I freeze eggs so I can go back next time. Her costs are a pay as we go, so the consultation was @400 and scans @220 and meds ranging from 1500 - 2500. She might be morse costly than getting the meds direct from the overseas clinic but you still have to get scanned and send reports back that it just seemed easier this way plus my husband wants to be sure that I am looked after so I don't over stimulate or experience any problems. I would drop the Doctor in London an email and mention you want to do IVF abroad. Let me know how you get on, she can point you in the direction of the right clinic too... she did favour Fakih as their success rates are good and even suggested the one egg would be fine because they do so well also but spoke highly of the one in Cyprus. Let me know how you get on. I'll PM you the details x

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dear MB, please don't use Rainsbury. I also spoke to him and have also met someone IRW who used him - cost her twice as much and sadly she didn't get pg. You can go and see Adrian Lower who is fab for all pre-testing etc - he's great and very open to GS and works closely with Dr Potter (google him). Don't want to worry you but at 42 it will be tough and you might need more than one go, but it can happen. Good luck x

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Martha, i’ll Be following your story. I just had a failed transfer of two xy in Cyprus and am thinking if I have to go through another cycle I would go somewhere where they do full testing. Can you tell me how much are they asking for the treatment?
    (2007) (2010)(2016; failed sway)

2014 surprise pregnancy which resulted in missed miscarriage

May 2018 1st cycle for

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for this thread, it is very helpful. I just discovered I'm pregnant with DS2, after swaying for a year for a girl. I'm thrilled to have another baby, but not willing to take my chances of another a failed sway next time (we want 3 children), so I'm looking into my options. I'll be 40 or 41 when the time comes so need to make a good choice as I won't have time or money to spare. Martha, could you PM me the details of the doctor in London, and any other relevant info? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast