Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

FISH or NGS for gender selection?

Hi
    Our clinic has emailed saying they can do either FISH or NGS testing for gender selection.
    Can anyone tell me the difference or advantages?
    I’m here consulting google!

“FISH (Fluorescent In Situ Hybridisation) will provide analysis for 5 chromosomes i.e. 13, 18, 21, X and Y whilst the second NGS will comprehensive evaluate all 24 chromosomes in a given embryo. Since NGS requires several days to complete, the embryos which are biopsied have to be frozen and potentially replaced at a subsequent month.”

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

FISH or NGS for gender selection?

NGS without a doubt. I would think you’d want to screen ALL chromosomes especially going through this financial and emotional process to make sure you are implanting a completely normal embryo. If you wish to do FISH for a fresh transfer, then go for it but then it’s a risk and you’ll miss out on testing the remaining chromosomes to make sure that your embryo is completely normal when you do transfer.
    Last edited by Blushpinkbabyxx; November 12th, 2018 at 10:39 AM.
    Momma to two handsome boys Dreaming, wishing, hoping & praying to high heaven for our baby girl to complete our family

3. Thanks ReallyRee thanked for this post
    Likes nicoler liked this post
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Full testing.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

5. Likes ReallyRee liked this post