Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confusing diet info...Atomic any input?

I have asked 4 of my friends who have all girls and asked them what they ate, what they cut out...here goes...

1. Nothing..she ate Burger King and Chinese with both daughters, POURED salt on all her food..I mean...she would dip her fries in salt..she has always done that. AND ate cake for breakfast..not a healthy eater by any means.

2. Lots of pork and rice. Asian

3. sugar free international coffee 2-3 times a day, protein from peanut butter and string cheese, dannon low suger yogurt, lots of it, eggs apple slices and 1 banana a day.

4. parents owned a cow farm, if that tells you anything

sooooo.....this leaves what??? I assume eating the LE diet, basically eating everything in low/moderation seems okay??? I plan on following the LE with regard to IG, but no breakfast is a killer....blood sugar drops to nil. Any input Atomic would be great....
    TTC in 2016

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's NOT diet that sways, it's declining maternal condition and a slightly reduced level of fertility overall. If you're less fertile and/or in declining condition for other reasons, you can eat straight off the girl menu and get a boy and vice versa. Not only that, but it's also portion size and regularity of eating as well. My mom eats boy-friendly foods but in a girl-friendly pattern (I have NEVER seen her snack idly and she rarely eats breakfast), does other girl-friendly things (smoking and chewing sugar free gum all day) and has girls and only 1 boy. An unhealthy diet, even if it does seem somewhat boy friendly, will sway pink if it is harming health/fertility.

Plus, after all swaying is said and done, luck still has a part to play - if eating a particular food/diet could sway with 100% accuracy, the entire human race would have died out long ago!!

Personally, I am NOT convinced at all that salt sways blue. I think it may sway pink when eaten in excess (and I was eating quite a lot of salt when I conceived DD and did not restrict it at all). The reason I keep sodium restriction in the LE Diet is because it's easy enough to do and it's also good for health so why not. It is def. the best cheat of all.

If you really need breakfast, cake is not a bad way to go for pink. It causes your blood sugar to spike sharply but then plummets as your body releases insulin to get rid of the sugar. You end up with lower blood sugar than you had to begin with! What you need to watch out for is eating both protein and carbs together, because the carbs make your blood sugar go up and then the protein keeps your level higher for longer after you eat. If you need breakfast, try for either just carbs or just protein, not both.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is really interesting... Does this mean that if I were to follow the diet strictly, but only eat healthy foods (ie: veg and fruit and a few carbs like rice and pasta) that I could essentially be voiding the effects of the sway by increasing overall health and wellbeing? This would explain why there are vegetarians on this site that have had boys -- they eat really healthy!!

The diet is the one thing I'm struggling to plan out -- I want to get it absolutely right! Should we snack instead on McDonalds chips and other terrible things???

Alternatively, would boosting overall condition prior to the start of diet and attempts be a good idea - so that the body is kind of shocked by the lack of nutrition (or perhaps the quantity and variety it's used to)? As you know, I'm eating the herbal foods from Sunrider, and they are so packed full of nutrients that I'm thinking I might eat them all the way up until 6 weeks and then drop it all cold turkey as well as spring the diet on my body. I'm thinking that would work well, if declining condition is "the thing"... Am I on the right track here?
    Last edited by hopingforsaskia; May 10th, 2012 at 06:52 PM.
    Eli Reeve - 19/April/09
    Sullivan Cole - 20/September/11

Expecting in August 2013 ... Please be a pinky!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic, my girlfriend also said she ate McDonalds EVERY DAMN DAY on the way to work, Burger King/Subway or Chinese for lunch, she smoked, and never lost weight, BUT she was not healthy..so you're right!!! I have all of a sudden come down with a cold or something and I am never sick..my throat is killing me and my nose is crazy stuffy...must be the aspertame. I will follow your advice and not mix my proteins/carbs...I will get low everything I can and see...I had a small amount of chicken for dinner and skipped the broccoli and noodles. Drank some CL, peppermint tea for my throat and sugar free coffee. I think I will be toxic by the end of this cycle LOL.
    TTC in 2016

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hopingforsaskia View Post
    That is really interesting... Does this mean that if I were to follow the diet strictly, but only eat healthy foods (ie: veg and fruit and a few carbs like rice and pasta) that I could essentially be voiding the effects of the sway by increasing overall health and wellbeing? This would explain why there are vegetarians on this site that have had boys -- they eat really healthy!!

The diet is the one thing I'm struggling to plan out -- I want to get it absolutely right! Should we snack instead on McDonalds chips and other terrible things???

Alternatively, would boosting overall condition prior to the start of diet and attempts be a good idea - so that the body is kind of shocked by the lack of nutrition (or perhaps the quantity and variety it's used to)? As you know, I'm eating the herbal foods from Sunrider, and they are so packed full of nutrients that I'm thinking I might eat them all the way up until 6 weeks and then drop it all cold turkey as well as spring the diet on my body. I'm thinking that would work well, if declining condition is "the thing"... Am I on the right track here?
    Please bear with me, this is hard for peopel to understand.'

No, it does not mean that at all and in fact, eating a diet based around fruit/veg/carbs is actually MUCH more reliable a way to get into declining condition than eating poorly is for most of us. Some people eat junk their entire lives and their bodies are no longer able to handle the junk (or for genetic reasons, are less able to handle junk to begin with) and at some point, it takes its toll and puts them into lousy condition. Just like drinking a glass of water is necessary for life, too much water can drown you - it's totally too much of a good thing sometimes.

Low nutrient does not mean no nutrient. There are TONS of nutrients in McDonalds. Fat, calories, and protein ARE nutrients and they sway a heck of a lot more strongly than the miniscule amount of nutrients in broccoli. You'd literally ahve to eat a mountain of broccoli to get anywhere near as much nutrition as the smallest size McDonald's burger.

Heart healthy does NOT mean fertility healthy. Researchers fed mice and rats a very calorically restrictive diet and they lived superlong lifespans but had hardly any children because a restrictive diet suppresses fertility. Rats and mice fed more saturated fat were more fertile and had more sons, even tho a diet high in sat. fat is not good for preventing heart disease and cancer. For TTC pink, you want your fertility to be depressed slightly, and the most reliable way to do this is coincidentally a diet that is good for heart health and preventing cancer (which we've been taught means a "healthy" diet but it's not healthy for fertility!) That having been said, you can also depress your fertility by eating a very high sodium, high sugar, super high fat diet and fried/barbequed meat has yucky stuff in it that can suppress fertility too - but that takes TIME to do. for a 6 week sway, it's much more reliable to go for a heart-healthy diet and cut fat/protein/calories back.

It's not a good idea to try and get into good condition and then shock your body. The reason being, it's easy for some of us to get into great condition - our bodies are just extra good at saving and storing nutrients and so we get in good condition and basically store up a lot of nutrition. 6 weeks, even 90 days of diet may not be enough to counteract that. You need to start from square one and then go from there. You don't want to get into BETTER condition and then cut back, you end up right back where you were to begin with (and where you conceived boys!)
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; May 11th, 2012 at 10:08 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyMedium View Post
    Atomic, my girlfriend also said she ate McDonalds EVERY DAMN DAY on the way to work, Burger King/Subway or Chinese for lunch, she smoked, and never lost weight, BUT she was not healthy..so you're right!!! I have all of a sudden come down with a cold or something and I am never sick..my throat is killing me and my nose is crazy stuffy...must be the aspertame. I will follow your advice and not mix my proteins/carbs...I will get low everything I can and see...I had a small amount of chicken for dinner and skipped the broccoli and noodles. Drank some CL, peppermint tea for my throat and sugar free coffee. I think I will be toxic by the end of this cycle LOL.
    You do not need to skip broccoli and noodles in favor of chicken - you'd seriously have to eat a mountain of broccoli to get the nutrition in chicken.

You can also mix protein and carbs sometimes at meals. If you skip breakfast and avoid snacks, you've already done all you need to do to keep your blood sugar lower than it was before.

Please understand I am trying to explain how and why peopel can eat what appears to be a boy-friendly diet and get girls. I'm not describing an ideal sway diet at all. An ideal sway diet is vegetarian, low protein, low cal, low fat, with blood sugar on the low side. You guys don't need to overthink it beyond that - it's supposed to be easy.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic....that says it all...vegetarian, low protein, low fat,, low cal, low blood sugar...nuff said.
    TTC in 2016

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome response -- thanks heaps!!! I am a lot clearer on the diet now!
    Eli Reeve - 19/April/09
    Sullivan Cole - 20/September/11

Expecting in August 2013 ... Please be a pinky!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    AS I really like the insight about the rats and heart healthy does not equal fertility healthy!! Great food for thought.
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's true - I know many super duper healthy athletic types who never eat junk food or anything remotely bad for them, and many of them have very irregular periods and I imagine that's a signal of reduced fertility despite the fact that otherwise we'd look at them as at the pinnacle of health (I don't think I know any who have kids - no idea if that's by choice or necessity).
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast