Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Ok I think you told me your husband's age but I can't find it now.

If your husband is 35 or younger it's ok to do 7 days of abstain before having one attempt. (although since you're on the Clomid it's probably best to have him clean the pipes once in addition to that to boost odds of conception) So my advice would be since you're on the Clomid to do exactly that - clean the pipes once mid-week. This does not have to be a perfect number of days, just once in between.

Please have your attempt at the first positive OPK. You can get pregnant by an attempt earlier than ideal, but not later, and attempting 10 hours after positive OPK (unless it's necessary due to it being nighttime or whatever) may mean you're too late. While it's fine to wait till that evening (that is what everyone does, have attempt the night of the pos OPK, not right away as that would usually be in daytime) you don't have to wait a set amount of time and it doesn't guard against delayed ovulation. When I say "start doing e4d to protect against delayed O" I mean ovulating days and days after the first positive, not a few hours later. So I still want you to go ahead and have e4d sex after the one attempt if it is possible because you might ovulate later than you think on the Clomid and if you stop having sex, you'll miss the whole month!

I wouldn't use Sylk as it hasn't worked and really cut odds of conception hugely.

Ok thank you so much. I have hope in next cycle since I'll be taking away all the jels. I think that's what cut our odds this cycle and last. I mean without the jels I mite of conceived already both months we did our attempt 3days before ovulated so dtd cd14 pm then ovulated cd17 then next month dtd cd15 pm ovulated cd18 I should of had a good chance each of those months but I blame the jels. My dh is 41 so I'll get him to release a few days before. I'm over the diet this next cycle has to work.

Plan:
    Clomid cd3-7
    Dh release few days before
    No jels
    No ph testing (thank god)
    One attempt at first pos opk
    Second attempt e4d after first attempt
    No zertec? My cm doesn't matter?
    No big O just incase
    J&d?

And that's everything?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry also we don't have to worry about potassium and sodium do we? I'm trying to watch both but just made a pot of minestrone soup and it says that it's very high in potassium.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    great! 3 days before O is pretty slim chance of conception too though so both jels and 3 day cutoff can really cut odds.

Have you been on Clomid for 3 months now?

I want to be sure you're going to do the e4d in the every 72 hour pattern not the 96 hour pattern, and then additionally I want you to keep going with that e4d pattern for at least a couple times after you think you ovulated.

No Zyrtec. It hasn't worked and really cuts odds of conception hugely, particularly on Clomid where your CM will already be drier.

I would not have you do J and D till 15 minutes after. If this is your third month on Clomid or more, then please stay laying down 30 minutes.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    great! 3 days before O is pretty slim chance of conception too though so both jels and 3 day cutoff can really cut odds.

I want to be sure you're going to do the e4d in the every 72 hour pattern not the 96 hour pattern, and then additionally I want you to keep going with that e4d pattern for at least a couple times after you think you ovulated.

No Zyrtec. It hasn't worked and really cuts odds of conception hugely, particularly on Clomid where your CM will already be drier.

I would not have you do J and D till 15 minutes after. If this is your third month on Clomid or more, then please stay laying down 30 minutes.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazzz View Post
    Sorry also we don't have to worry about potassium and sodium do we? I'm trying to watch both but just made a pot of minestrone soup and it says that it's very high in potassium.
    The mineral diets have not panned out at all. Practically all of us have given up on that stuff and our results are higher than ever. I got my girl eating tons of sodium after limiting it with my 4th boy.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey, yea the first cut off I did but the second one I dtd at first opk but must not of ovulated till later because fertility friend moved my ovulation day based on temps so opks an temp are a few days apart this cycle. If I didn't use jels these cycles I probably would of had better chances.

um no this coming cycle will be my second round of clomid? Still just lay for 15mins?

So attempt then skip 2 night's then attempt again? Its every 3rd night? It should be renamed e3n lol. I really want to stick to the one attempt since my diet hasn't been great. I think my chances of conception this cycle will be so much higher anyway without zertec, jels, cutoff, and stress of ph. Since I've not been great on the diet on and off over the last 2 weeks I'll try to do just the one attempt.

When i say my diet has not been great I mean I've over eaten my diet food had 2 servings or extra bread a few lollies. I haven't been like eating pizza chocolate full fat dairy meat nuts or anything high fat protein or nutrients. Just extra of my diet food. That should be ok ay? And I'll put 110% effort over the next two an a half weeks so leading up to ovulation.

I'm still having a black coffee for breakfast and black coffee for afternoon snack no snacking at all. Fasting from dinner till lunchtime. My diet overall is still so different then it was when I conceived my boys. Tell me I haven't ruined everything 😂 I keep thinking I have just because the first 8 weeks I was overly strict and under eating now that I've eaten extra for dinner here an there or had some lollies for dessert 1 night I feel like I'm going into boy territory. Plus I feel hungry during the tww every month.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes just stick to the 15 minutes.

When we say "every 3 days" and "every 4 days" people got very confused and we had people telling us they did one thing when they did another entirely. The difference between 3 and 4 depends on how you count the days - with the every 72 hour pattern, you can count it Monday (1) Tuesday (2) Wednesday (3) and Thursday (4) and still consider that every 4 days. So for the interest of clarity we do "every 4 days" in the every 72 or every 96 hour pattern.

Every 72 hours is still one attempt. This is because you would have attempts O-5 and O-2 (which is one attempt since the O-5 has no chance) or O-4 and O-1 (and again, the O-4 is very low chance of conception, 1 in 1000), or O-3 and O Day. O-3 and O Day STILL is only one attempt because if there was anything left from the O-3 it would already have fertilized the egg before the O Day shot could capacitate and get to the egg, and if there isn't anything left from O-3 the O Day ejaculation would then have a shot at it. We have excellent results with e4d.

I'm fine with your diet, I barely even consider that cheating. Please don't try to get super strict now though. When people do that they end up often delaying or even stopping ovulation. Just try to stick in the limits from here on in. Don't cut way back trying to compensate, because usually what will happen is that you end up getting so hungry you binge eat and end up not doing well on diet anyway. Aim at the attainable goal both for the sake of sticking to diet, but also to prevent your ovulation from going missing.

During the 2WW it's very normal to have a surge of hunger. That's because our hormones are such that we get a little hungrier and even have somewhat lower self-control as well! (strange but true, you may even find as I do that you overspend on shopping at that part of the cycle)

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes just stick to the 15 minutes.

When we say "every 3 days" and "every 4 days" people got very confused and we had people telling us they did one thing when they did another entirely. The difference between 3 and 4 depends on how you count the days - with the every 72 hour pattern, you can count it Monday (1) Tuesday (2) Wednesday (3) and Thursday (4) and still consider that every 4 days. So for the interest of clarity we do "every 4 days" in the every 72 or every 96 hour pattern.

Every 72 hours is still one attempt. This is because you would have attempts O-5 and O-2 (which is one attempt since the O-5 has no chance) or O-4 and O-1 (and again, the O-4 is very low chance of conception, 1 in 1000), or O-3 and O Day. O-3 and O Day STILL is only one attempt because if there was anything left from the O-3 it would already have fertilized the egg before the O Day shot could capacitate and get to the egg, and if there isn't anything left from O-3 the O Day ejaculation would then have a shot at it. We have excellent results with e4d.

I'm fine with your diet, I barely even consider that cheating. Please don't try to get super strict now though. When people do that they end up often delaying or even stopping ovulation. Just try to stick in the limits from here on in. Don't cut way back trying to compensate, because usually what will happen is that you end up getting so hungry you binge eat and end up not doing well on diet anyway. Aim at the attainable goal both for the sake of sticking to diet, but also to prevent your ovulation from going missing.

During the 2WW it's very normal to have a surge of hunger. That's because our hormones are such that we get a little hungrier and even have somewhat lower self-control as well! (strange but true, you may even find as I do that you overspend on shopping at that part of the cycle)

Ok thanks I'm a little worried because I haven't counted anything ie fat because that would probably cause me more problems all I know is that what I'm doing is completely unnatural for me and I'm losing weight. Im a born snacker and always had a boy breakfast of oats or eggs on toast so skipping breakfast an no snacks is a huge change for me. So I'm hoping this is enough of a guide.

So should I dtd say cd12 cd15 and cd18. My normal ovulation day is cd16 but last cycle it was cd17 an this cycle it looks to be cd18 according to temps or cd16 according to opks ewcm an cramps. Our last attempts were cd14 an then this cycle cd15 and cd19 so I'm hoping to do cd16 next cycle. I like the idea of waiting for the first positive opk then doing attempt it takes the stress out of it and is exciting haha

Yes I never thought about that I most certainly do over spend during the tww haha never notice till you mentioned it.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Many times when people are not tracking, they end up cutting back TOO far. My wanting you guys to track is far less about the sake of your sway and far more about making sure you're getting enough nutrients to get and stay pregnant! So do err on the side of eating enough when you're not tracking.

The e4d protects you against early or late ovulation and also if you don't get a positive OPK. So that's why I'm recommending it. But if you want to give it another try with one attempt that's fine too since you've only been on Clomid a shorter time than I thought.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Many times when people are not tracking, they end up cutting back TOO far. My wanting you guys to track is far less about the sake of your sway and far more about making sure you're getting enough nutrients to get and stay pregnant! So do err on the side of eating enough when you're not tracking.

The e4d protects you against early or late ovulation and also if you don't get a positive OPK. So that's why I'm recommending it. But if you want to give it another try with one attempt that's fine too since you've only been on Clomid a shorter time than I thought.

Thank you. If it comes to to it I mite do another attempt so I'll do at first pos opk then should I use e4d or e3d sorry I forgot the hours. So say I get my pos opk on cd16 I will dtd cd16 then again cd19? So two nights skipped? Is that what you would advise? Is that e4ds?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast