Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Interesting article about eating habits and gender

This is quite interesting and goes along with everything Atomic has brought forth..

Boy or Girl? The Answer May Depend on Mom's Eating Habits - NYTimes.com
    TTC in 2016

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great article HappyMedium I like seeing this bit in a recent study particularly!

Among women who ate the most, 56 percent had sons, compared with 45 percent among women who ate the least. As well as consuming more calories, women who had sons were more likely to have eaten a higher quantity and wider range of nutrients, including potassium, calcium and vitamins C, E and B12. There was also a strong correlation between women eating breakfast cereals and producing sons.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, this is discussing the "You Are What Your Mother Eats" study and you can read it in its entirety here: You are what your mother eats: evidence for maternal preconception diet influencing foetal sex in humans

I like this study a lot because unlike most other diet studies, it was done by independent researchers who were not even studying gender ratio, and the participants were not trying for a baby of a certain gender specifically. So even tho it is a self-reported study the participants had no motivation to fudge or misremember the results of what they were eating, either to make themselves feel better about having cheated, or to keep the researchers from "getting mad at them".

That's one of the biggest problems with the French Gender Diet studies (including the recent Dutch study) - you can't tell people, especially people who are desperate to achieve a certain result, "Eat this diet to make all your dreams come true, and then report back what you ate. Oh and by the way, I the researcher have a lot riding on this too!" and expect honesty because people will conveniently leave out times when they cheated

Plus, the FGD studies don't prove anything anyway, because if it's the restrictive diet swaying and not the cal-mag-Vit. D, people may have been getting girls for reasons that have nothing to do with minerals anyway. In fact cal-mag-Vit. D sways blue to some extent, diet alone may be even more effective. What they need to do is let couples eat their normal diets and just give them the mineral supplements, and then see what happens. In my experience, people who did that back on IG generally did not have successful pink sways.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good article!
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh...well..I will admit that yesterday I ate at Pizza Ranch and had cheesy bread...I was full the rest of the day. I could never have stuck with the IG diet....Atomic, your diet and theories really saved me. Even if it doesn't work for me, I was at least able to say that I did everything right and the best I could.
    TTC in 2016

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    At the very least, if I've injected a dose of sanity into swaying, then I've accomplished my goal! Thank you and I hope you enjoyed the cheesy bread!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did...no sauce but I ate the bread with cheese and parmesan. I also nibbled on the skin of my son's fried chicken...no protein though mixed in...it really does make you lose the weight not mixing the two....LOVE THAT!!!! Atkins reversal works for me!!!!
    TTC in 2016