Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Short follicular phase = boy?

I have been taking Vitex for months. Last month we were actively TTC, so I only took it from AF-O. The past four months I have been O'ing on CD 25. This cycle I am only CD 12 and my OPKs have faint lines on them, the kind I usually see a couple of days before I O.

Is there any truth to the short follicular phase = boy, long follicular phase = girl?

When I got pregnant with DS I O'd on CD 16. When I got pregnant with DD I O'd on CD 20.

I am drinking peppermint tea, BFing a couple of times a day, taking 1000 mg of Vitex, taking Acidophilus, taking folio acid, taking cranberry, and trying to follow the LE diet. DH and I have only BD'd twice since my AF ended, but we are planning every day now until I O. I use Rephresh every 3 days, drink Crystal Lite, and am taking Reactine (Zyrtec in Canada).

Should we take this month off and try to delay O next month? How do I delay O?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What we have found is that unusually short and unusually long cycles are tending to sway pink for people. Anything different from your norm is good. I got my DD in a month I Oed a couple days before I expected. 3 of my 4 boys were all spot on very regular 28 day cycles, O on CD 14. (my other son I was BF and not getting AF at all.)

Exception being people with PCOS who always have very long and irregular cycles because they have high testosterone - they do seem to have more boys.

You should NOT take this month off OR try to delay O. It's not really possible to delay O in any reliable way anyhow.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I O'ed this time on day 12 and I am having a girl.

Before I O'ed on Day 14 and concieved two boys, but I also ate a lot of fattening healthy type foods and snacked and ate oatmeal breakfast (oatmeal is very boy friendly breakfast)

I agree with AS that O'ing earlier or later in your cycle may is a good sign for TTC'ing a girl.
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I conceived both a girl and a boy on the same cycle day. I really, really dont think delaying your ovulation day will do anything but stress you, which is not what you want xx

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My boys were conceived on CD 19 and CD 21 (I usually O around day 17). I'm in no position to give advice, but based on my own experience, I don't think it matters a whole heck of a lot.