Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How long do/should you stay on the LE diet after O or BFP?

I believe I have my BFP...BUT I am terrified to come off the fear of having a M/C...what are you thoughts?
    Those of you who got your BFPs...when did you come off of it???
    TTC in 2016

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I knew I was preg ended up with a chemical and skipped the month in part bc I went off diet. I felt I've dieted since dec I wasn't going to do a half a&$@ed sway after all that! I'll never go off till I know it's a real bfp. I personally am going to have bloods drawn then eat normal again. My opinion only!
    Cycle#1 Jan/Feb 2013: 10 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 1 expanded blast frozen to batch.

Cycle #2 May/June 2013: 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized, 3 blasts frozen. Sending all 4 to Natera: 2 normals- 1 girl (cycle 2) & 1 boy (cycle 1)

Cycle #3 September 2013: 11 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 4 biopsied. 2 normal boys

FET #1: October 25th: BFN

Cycle#4: Feb/March 2014: 12 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized. 1 normal XX! Transfer March 3rd. BFP: 3/9/14!!!! Beta: 7dp6dt:38, 9dp6dt:139!, 6weeks 1 day: heartbeat!!!

She's here and I'm in love

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    THanks Hopes....I am just afraid to come off altogether for fear that my body and bean will not mix well....I think that is why I have had so many m/c and chemicals. I wonder if after the egg is implanted if diet change will affect its growth. Scary stuff.
    TTC in 2016

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just started eating again normally cold-turkey after my BFP but you could gradually add things back in to your diet if you're worried. I'd start taking a pre-natal too
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My plan (whenever that sought-after BFP shows up!) will be to still stay pretty vegetarian for the couple of months to follow. Maybe a few meat dishes a week, but try to keep my daily protein intake to around 40g, still.

I will let myself have some of the healthy things, like avocadoes, blueberries, oatmeal, nuts, etc., as I figure those are beneficial for a growing baby. But I want to try to keep my muscle mass down through first trimester so that, God forbid, a miscarriage were to occur, I wouldn't have to start from scratch.
    2013 (my pray+sway baby girl is here!)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Happymedium- I agree with zanacal about the prenatal.
    Cycle#1 Jan/Feb 2013: 10 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 1 expanded blast frozen to batch.

Cycle #2 May/June 2013: 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized, 3 blasts frozen. Sending all 4 to Natera: 2 normals- 1 girl (cycle 2) & 1 boy (cycle 1)

Cycle #3 September 2013: 11 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 4 biopsied. 2 normal boys

FET #1: October 25th: BFN

Cycle#4: Feb/March 2014: 12 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized. 1 normal XX! Transfer March 3rd. BFP: 3/9/14!!!! Beta: 7dp6dt:38, 9dp6dt:139!, 6weeks 1 day: heartbeat!!!

She's here and I'm in love

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Once you get a BFP (congrats!!) then you're in the clear to normalize your eating. The one thing I think you need to be careful to ease into, is sodium if you were limiting it. Don't just go from 0-60 where sodium is concerned - it's not good for you or your baby. You should probably also keep pure sugar to reasonable levels.

You only need to watch what you eat to keep blood glucose down, until the baby implants.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dramabird View Post
    My plan (whenever that sought-after BFP shows up!) will be to still stay pretty vegetarian for the couple of months to follow. Maybe a few meat dishes a week, but try to keep my daily protein intake to around 40g, still.

I will let myself have some of the healthy things, like avocadoes, blueberries, oatmeal, nuts, etc., as I figure those are beneficial for a growing baby. But I want to try to keep my muscle mass down through first trimester so that, God forbid, a miscarriage were to occur, I wouldn't have to start from scratch.
    Well, but please keep in mind tho that your body may NEED the nutrients in meats and stuff pretty severely by that point. You've already been on diet so long, Drama - I think you should start eating meat immediately after you get a BFP to make sure you're getting enough nutrients.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    I just started eating again normally cold-turkey after my BFP but you could gradually add things back in to your diet if you're worried. I'd start taking a pre-natal too

In addition to a prenatal (try to find one with zinc), you may also want to add in a DHA supp and be sure you are using iodized salt. Zinc and iodine are two things that the LE Diet doesn't have a lot of and you can get a little depleted.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Well, but please keep in mind tho that your body may NEED the nutrients in meats and stuff pretty severely by that point. You've already been on diet so long, Drama - I think you should start eating meat immediately after you get a BFP to make sure you're getting enough nutrients.
    Well, heck, you won't have to tell me twice!! -- a big juicy cheeseburger sounds so friggin' good right now. *nomnomnomnom* lol

I'm at 5dpo ... FX that this cycle is the winner for me, and the rest who've been plugging along on the TTC path.
    2013 (my pray+sway baby girl is here!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast