Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know that she ever came back to update, unfortunately.

Just to clear up a common misconception, O pain does NOT tell you if you're ovulating from both sides. We develop 15-30 eggs on both sides and only the best one or two are released (and often the two being released are from the SAME ovary, not one from each - it has nothing to do with the ovary, it is the egg that responds best to the hormones that trigger ovulation). As you can imagine 15-30 eggs make our ovaries very sore, not to mention the cramping of the fallopian tubes that occur on both sides to move any eggs into the uterus. Many people find that their O pain is actually relieved by ovulation, leaving them with severe one sided pain on the side that did not ovulate!! After ovulation all those other eggs are then reabsorbed by the body which causes pain for some people, and the fluid released with ovulation may also cause pain itself that for some people may be more severe than the actual ovulation event.

So long story short, having O Pains on both sides is totally normal, the strength of them doesn't tell you anything reliable about what side you ovulated from, or even if you actually did, or when that happened.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How much does being a twin increase chances of having twins? Im a fraternal twin, over 35, over weight, and 3 boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It doubles your chances, which sounds like a lot but considering naturally conceived twins are only about 15 in 1000 births, this means you have 30 in 1000 chances by virtue of being a twin.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello,

I haven't been on this forum for a while. I was previously trying to sway for twins. I'm planning to try and sway for twins again and was wondering if there have been any new developments that you have seen in terms of your sways that result in twins? I think I was reading that girl sways tend to have a higher twin rate? Any idea why this is?

I have about a year before we start TTC again so plenty of time to obsess and plan haha.

Thank you and hope all are well ��

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!

No, unfortunately, beyond Clomid/Femara which do seem to up odds of twinning, none of the natural methods seem to work in any reliable way.

I believe it's not anything inherent in the girl sway (because according to all reputable sources, the pink sway should LOWER chances of twinning since it's lower cal, lower fat, and people lose weight on it - having BMI greater than 30 ups the chances of twinning) but something inherent in the people who are swaying pink. Many of the women swaying pink are over 35, have a lot of kids already, and are often still breastfeeding (since we use breastfeeding as a pink sway tactic) So I suspect that the people who are swaying pink may be coming into conception more set for twins than the population as a whole, and thus it's not something they're doing per se, but their inherent qualities that have made twinning more of a thing. The one thing we do is take a higher dose of folic acid or folate, but the blue swayers are also doing that (in fact, an even higher dose) and are doing more twin-friendly stuff and yet their rates of twins aren't high at all, so I suspect it's who the pink swayers are, not what they're doing, unfortunately.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's all so interesting! Thank you for the explanation �� I am hoping to loose a bit of weight between now and TTC as I gained a lot in my last pregnancy. That would probably put me at an even bigger disadvantage for twins I guess. I'm really hoping for another girl so am going to have a good read over the girl sway info. I have a full year to get my body into a better condition to conceive, fingers crossed ��

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526