Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Conceiving twins!

I know this isn't technically a swaying question but this is something people wonder about a lot.

CLOMID - This is the one surefire way to up your chance of twins, but you do need a doctor's prescription for it. You should NEVER buy Clomid online or use another person's Clomid, you need to be monitored by a doctor while you use it because serious, life threatening side effects may occur. (Clomid does sway pink)

GENETICS - Some of us just have a genetic tendency to hyperovulate and pop out more than one egg per month. If your mother, sister, aunts, or grandmother has fraternal twins, that means you just naturally have a greater chance of twins.

PREVIOUS PREGNANCY - The more times you've been pregnant, the higher your chances of twins!

PREVIOUS MULTIPLE PREGNANCY - If you've conceived multiples before, you're more likely to do so again.

AGE - After age 35 the rate of twins begins to rise. Women over 45 have 17% chance of twins, but of course it's extremely difficult to get pregnant at that age for most of us. Realistically, between ages 35-40 are your best shot for actually conceiving twins.

PHYSICAL SIZE - Tall women and those with a BMI over 30 are more likely to conceive twins.

DIET - Being well-nourished and even slightly overweight ups your chances of twins. Also, diets high in beef and dairy products may increase the odds of twins due to hormones present in cattle.

SOY - Taking soy isoflavones, 200 mg from CD 3-7, total of 5 days, may help to sway for twins. It acts as a natural Clomid. (may sway blue, because it does increase CM, but if you take antihistamines to dry up your CM you may get the benefits from the soy of releasing more than one egg, you may still be able to incorporate soy into a pink sway as well as a blue one.)

VITEX - Vitex from AF-O may sway for twins. (sways pink) However, some researchers believe that it may actually PREVENT twins. (I did conceive twins while taking vitex so I happen to know that isn't the case in all circumstances.)

FOLIC ACID - Scientists used to believe there was a link between Folic Acid intake in the three months prior to conception and twinning. Now it is believed that high Folic Acid intake simply helps twin pregnancies to both successfullly survive and thrive. Most twin conceptions are lost very early in pregnancy and by having ample Folic Acid in our bodies, we help our twins to both survive.

BREASTFEEDING - Getting pregnant while breastfeeding increases your odds of twins.

BIRTH CONTROL PILLS - Getting pregnant on the Pill increases your odds of twins, but no one should go onto the birth control pill for this reason. Getting pregnant on the pill may not be safe for your babies. But, if you get pregnant your first month off the Pill, you may still be more likely to conceive twins that month.

WILD YAM - Much has been made of this supplement because Africans who eat a lot of yams have more twins. I have read that the "wild yam" that is sold in supplements are not the same yams at all (and in fact may act as a birth control pill reducing your chances of twins!!). The yams at the grocery store aren't the same either. So eat a lot of yams if you like them, but this may not be effective.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; January 26th, 2011 at 10:02 AM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

2. Likes Afnan liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also...with the yam thing....it was found to not necessarily be the yam but the skin of the yam or "cassava" that caused the twinning. The women in that tribe in Africa were eating the skin. Yes...I love me some twin research. I did do the soy with my last pg and I think it helped sway blue for me, but I wasn't taking zyrtek or anything else to try and dry me up. I noticed I was much more mucus like when on the soy. I could try to see of the Saw Palmetto, zyrtek and benedryl will counteract the extra mucus that the soy produces.
    Mommy to 5 beautiful children and 3 angels in heaven

(13 years old)
    (11 years old)
    (8 years old)
    (6 years old)
    (22 months)

Expecting AGAIN!! Due May 2016. Will it be or ??

3/11 at 7 weeks
    6/11 at 7 weeks
    11/8/11 @ 18 weeks of pregnancy. Our angel

Our family is complete

4. Likes Afnan liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, you're 100% right on that and I will edit the essay! Thank you!!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good info! I want twins too! (well I am done TTC so my chances are pretty low lol)

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweens&aBaby View Post
    Good info! I want twins too! (well I am done TTC so my chances are pretty low lol)
    haha...that might get in the way! I have always wanted them and I even swayed for them with #4. I don't know if anyone remembers but I had an avatar and signature with twin babies and I have "ttc twins naturally" on there. I'm surprised no trolls came by to bash me for it

(13 years old)
    (11 years old)
    (8 years old)
    (6 years old)
    (22 months)

3/11 at 7 weeks
    6/11 at 7 weeks

Our family is complete

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You would totally suit twins, Jojo
    One perfect
    One perfect Thank you Dr P, Lori and Microsort!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillylolly View Post
    You would totally suit twins, Jojo
    Why, Thank you! I think so too! I think they would be a dream come true. BB, BG or GG....I would be in love with any combination!

(13 years old)
    (11 years old)
    (8 years old)
    (6 years old)
    (22 months)

3/11 at 7 weeks
    6/11 at 7 weeks

Our family is complete

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I want twins too. I hoped for twin with every pregnancy and never got lucky. And the chances of that happening now are nil since hubby and I are done.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think we are alone in that wish! When I was pg with DS 3 (right before I got GD so bad) and going to my ultrasound I even told my hubby I was hoping for twin boys or else a girl - I wanted twins just as bad as I wanted a girl!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    great info! Twins would be amazing, such hard work, but so rewarding. I don't think I will ever have twins though 'cause it doesn't run in my fam and I would be swaying girl, I don't like the pill 'cause it messes with my cycles too much, plus I'm short! haha. So I doubt that it's the cards for me The only thing I have going for me is that I'm bf'ding (but prob. won't be when we're ready to sway again)
    = One little prince! (2008) and
    Two little princesses (2010) (2013) successful girl sways

(my chart) http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/234f4a

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast