Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

I dont get it...the thin moms i see have boys, the overweight moms all girls!!

I know you are supposed to lose weight for a girl and gain for a boy, but where i live its opposite!!!! when i conceived my first 2 sons i was a size 1 and losing weight. my 3rd son i was average. I do have 2 girls....first one didnt sway i was thin. And my 6 month old i swayed for. My thoughts on overweight women is that maybe since their body temp is probably higher, and they sweat more that their ph is lower, and i know it can cause infertility probs which sways girls. but what about the thin moms with multiple boys?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think Atomic addressed this issue recently. I can't remember what essay it was in, so maybe she will chime in? Where I live, I see both heavy and thin women with boys and girls. I haven't noticed a pattern. In fact, I know one family where the woman is so heavy I never even could tell she was pregnant. She had 2 girls, and then a boy when she was heaviest of all. I also know someone who is stick thin, smokes, and has 3 boys.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

3. Likes 3BoysBlessed liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hobber that was me... i was a smoker, thin as a rail and had 2 boys in a row

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's what is happening in your body that matters. You can't look at a person and tell by their appearance what gender kid they'll conceive. It's maternal condition and fertility that matter. Some people can be heavy and stay very fertile, others can be rail thin and very fertile, while others have the exact opposite situation.

Also, a change in condition may signal your body more strongly and so some thin moms start taking prenatals and eating very healthy when planning a pregnancy (I did this with both DS 2 and 3) and some heavier moms try to lose a little weight before conceiving so you don't really know what they did right before they got pregnant that may have been swaying for them.

I've addressed this issue in more depth here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...irls-boys.html

and here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...tml#post197754

Your body temp is irrelevant, it only matters in that it ~may~ reflect what your hormones are doing. Also, sweat or lack thereof has absolutely nothing to do with gender ratio.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mkarntz1980 View Post
    hobber that was me... i was a smoker, thin as a rail and had 2 boys in a row
    It is across the entire population that sway tactics matter. If something sways 55% of the time, that still leaves 45% opposites. It STILL sways.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for chiming in Atomic! I knew you had an essay about this somewhere; I knew I had read it recently.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can fall into this classifaction because at my heaviest I concieved a girl, and while losing weight (but building muscle tone) I concieved two boys.

I know this is far from 100% but it seemed to work for me.
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As for me, I conceived my 2 girls when I was working out a lot and eating well but not much (I will gain weight if I don't watch my diet) and certainly not a lot of fats. Back then, I was with my ex and he could not eat red meat, salt, or a lot of "grease" as he called it because he had IBS, so I always made dinners with lean protein, veggies, and a healthy carb of some sort. To some degree, I think I was more in the boy mode because I was taking good care of myself and eating well, just not oodles of food all day long. I did not eat a lot in the mornings, but would have coffee and a banana or nutrigrain bar before I'd work out. However, here is the big kicker- I was terribly, um, oppressed, if you will, by the ex. I was very much kept under his thumb and had absolutely no say in my life whatsoever. For that reason, I think I had very low testosterone. Also, it may have had something to do with him because he's remarried and has another daughter now, so he's only made 3 girls in a row.

Also, I have a couple of good friends who were just like me when conceiving #1, except they had normal marriages, and they all had boys. Then, they were running around with their toddler boys and not eating much to keep the weight from having a baby off (both were pretty body obsessed and absolutely hated the post-baby body) and then conceived girls right afterwards. I think they were not as high in T then because they were not all about themselves and work anymore, but more so about chasing a little boy around and being a SAHM.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My very obese friend has 2 girls, and she is pregnant again!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've never been heavy - I'd classify myself as very average - 5'2" and my normal non- dieting weight is around 128. However, my lifestyle was very boy friendly - I snacked all day long and ate tons of protein (mostly cheese but lots of meat too). While on the LE diet my weight got under 110, and I think that plus the lifestyle change of no snacking and low protein really made the difference.

I do know a woman who is very obese who is pregnant with her 4th boy, but most of the other boy moms I know are built like me - average and generally healthy but not super athletic or thin.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast