Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a boy lube question! I tried the ew for my first 3 attempts, but always had some (well, lots) come out afterwards. I would even put some in and then bear down for a minute to make sure it wasn't sweeping the sperm OUT after dtd, even though I tried the ICs and propped hips, etc. I'm just not sure I was doing it right. One month I feared the ph was above 10 as I only had phion strips and it was in some weird high ph "gray area." But, I do have preseed.....do you all think the ew is a much better sway or do you think preseed is good enough? I just hate the whole ew ordeal and would rather just use preseed, even if I taint it with a little baking soda first...much easier than the ew. I'll crack some eggs if it is really much better, though!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OK, sounds like I was jumping and dumping there...what I meant was that I would insert, have a big O (solo, in the bathroom, hehe) and then bear down BEFORE dtd so there wasn't a giant sloppy mess of ew everywhere, which happened on my newbie sway attempt.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaInLove View Post
    I have a boy lube question! I tried the ew for my first 3 attempts, but always had some (well, lots) come out afterwards. I would even put some in and then bear down for a minute to make sure it wasn't sweeping the sperm OUT after dtd, even though I tried the ICs and propped hips, etc. I'm just not sure I was doing it right. One month I feared the ph was above 10 as I only had phion strips and it was in some weird high ph "gray area." But, I do have preseed.....do you all think the ew is a much better sway or do you think preseed is good enough? I just hate the whole ew ordeal and would rather just use preseed, even if I taint it with a little baking soda first...much easier than the ew. I'll crack some eggs if it is really much better, though!
    I ~personally~ think Pre-Seed is MUCH better especially since the EW is an ordeal for you! It is made to be sperm friendly and I'm not 100% convinced that sky high pH is any better for sperm than superlow pH is. I hope Viene chimes in here.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OK, sounds like I was jumping and dumping there...what I meant was that I would insert, have a big O (solo, in the bathroom, hehe) and then bear down BEFORE dtd so there wasn't a giant sloppy mess of ew everywhere, which happened on my newbie sway attempt.
    No, I followed you. You got rid of as much EW as you could BEFORE DTD.
    I think that's a good idea because I would think too much EW could confuse the sperm! They want to go into the EWCM and not the wrong way!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, AS! I am relieved to hear that. I also wonder if the super high ph is not good for sperm.....we had a few well-timed months in there that I swore would do the trick, and I couldn't help but think the ew was killing them. Pre-seed it is! By the way, I recently found it at CVS....I think it will be more widely available in drugstores soon.

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You know what I keep coming back to (for blue) is, our bodies make EWCM and semen a certain pH for a reason - because it WANTS sperm to survive. So it's kinda a little illogical to me that superhigh pH sways blue. It would seem to me that optimal pH, which is 7-8.5 (according to the WHO) would sway blue. From what I have read, hardly any guys even have pH higher than that and the few that do have something really wrong with them.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; October 29th, 2011 at 10:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That makes total sense. The month we conceived was with no preseed or ew....which does make me wonder if the ew was just not the right ph for our chemistry. I tend to think the body, and nature, has this all mapped out much more than we give it credit for sometimes. I like your suggestions as they seem to be more in sync with the body's natural state, if you know what I mean.

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That makes total sense. The month we conceived was with no preseed or ew....which does make me wonder if the ew was just not the right ph for our chemistry. I tend to think the body, and nature, has this all mapped out much more than we give it credit for sometimes. I like your suggestions as they seem to be more in sync with the body's natural state, if you know what I mean.
    Thank you Lola, that is exactly my thinking. There is no way that I don't have a daughter "because I didn't drink enough Crystal-Light" and unless we learn to understand the actual mechanisms at play, then swaying will only ever be like treating the symptoms rather than the disease (not that having a lot of one gender is a disease in any way, but I think everyone knows what I mean!!).

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well put! Thanks again for all the advice!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm trying to conceive a girl and have very low pH (sometimes below 4). The closer I come toward ovulation it does actually rise to approx. 4.2 (sorry TMI). I do however, need some kind of lube. Sylk has not worked for me in the past (maybe due to low pH), thus I have been using canola oil. Reading this post, I guess that was not the best choice. What could I use?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast