Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Aci-jel and Sylk

Updated 12-8-17

Several people have asked me about these products for swaying pink and I've done some research.

While originally I was in support of people using them because they seemed better than douching, none of the jellies have gotten better than the overall stats of the site. This seems to indicate they are not doing anything to help a sway. They are also cutting odds of conception by a lot. But many people do wish to use them, especially the first month or two of trying. And that is ok, it is your sway, your way!

If you must use them, that's fine, just use a small amount as a lube for intercourse. Don't overdo it because they really cut odds of conception by a lot.

Do not use anything after BD. Do not use the "fingertip" method of putting a fingertip of jelly near your cervix after intercourse, this has cut odds of conception hugely.

Aci-Jel contains acetic acid which was once believed to sway pink.

Sylk is a girl friendly personal lubricant for DTD and it has been a much better lube than Aci-Jel.

We do not have the statistics to know for sure which is better, they both got seemingly neutral results for us.

All vaginal lubricants NOT marketed as "sperm safe" or "conception friendly" are believed to sway pink if you need one, but they do all kill sperm.

If you have gone on a long time not getting pregnant, and have dropped all sway tactics except diet, exercise, and one attempt, you can add in a small amount of sperm safe, conception friendly jelly instead of Aci-jel and Sylk for a lubricant that will not kill sperm. Also, if you have been on Clomid for more than 2-3 months, you can also do this. While the sperm safe, conception friendly jellies do tend to sway blue in larger amounts, in small amounts they are neutral and will not kill sperm. Use only the smallest amount possible for comfy BD. Update - since last I updated this thread 2 years back I have used the "small amounts of sperm safe jellies as lube" idea very frequently and people are definitely getting girls this way. Don't fear a small amount of Preseed or Conceive Plus or Yes Baby if you have had trouble conceiving, husband has poor sperm health, or if you're on Clomid/Femara. It's proven itself to me that just using the barest minimum of conception friendly jellies do NOT sway blue.

Do not ever mix Aci-Jel, Sylk, or any other jellies with sperm-safe, conception friendly jellies, it kills sperm and really lowers odds of conception!
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; December 8th, 2017 at 06:53 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sylk over repHresh?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I thkn Sylk and RepHresh can be used together. RepHresh 12 hours before BD and then Sylk as a lube. The pH of Sylk is already 4.7 so it won't react with the RepHresh the way that the lower pH's of Replens, lime douche, and Acijel will.

Sylk seems to be safe to use with everything (except pre-seed!!)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would say replens over rephresh, just from personal experience. Not many women use rephresh. It can be used as a lube, but it isn't that great. Didn't do much for us. Sylk worked great and I know it says it hinders conception, but I believe it actually helped me to get pregnant. Just make sure to test all of these lubes before hand cause they could actually end up raising your pH. For example, I think aci jel raised my pH, have to try it out again though. And lots of women have problems with replens raising their pH. For me replens worked great, but you have to try it out first.

This is what i would do: either do a finger aci jel or a finger replens one hour before your attempt, then after either do lime douche or more aci jel/replens as needed. You can do a combo of lime douche and replens (not at the same exact time though). But aci jel actually replaces lime douche, unless you have ewcm, then you should use the lime douche.

If you are opposed to using douche, that's fine, just thought I would throw it out there
    = One little prince! (2008) and
    Two little princesses (2010) (2013) successful girl sways

(my chart) http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/234f4a

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Of course to sway pink you may WANT to hinder conception.

Replens does have a lower pH than RepHresh, but RepHresh reacts with everything it touches to keep the pH at around 4-5. So it will react with your CM and your husband's semen to lower pH. This is true even if it doesn't seem to do that initially, that's what the product was designed to do. Replens also contains pH buffers that raise the pH to 4-5. Both products were designed to mimic the pH of the vagina, which is 4.5.

Everyone do keep in mind that pH is just PART of the puzzle, and just because something raises pH a little, it may still sway pink by reducing the numbers of sperm on hand.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oooh, I see what your saying. I never thought of it that way. So if pH ends up going down in a few hours, then it's still probably a good product to use. I would think this would be the case with aci jel for me. I could probably use it the weeks leading up to O, every couple of days, and then the days after my attempt through O, so that my pH stays low. I guess raising pH above 5.0 isn't so terrible as long as it goes down in a few hours.

But still for the four hours after my attempt, I don't want to see that number above 5.0, haha. It would just freak me out too much

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Exactly, UNLESS the egg is already there and waiting in which case the sperm will be gone like a shot anyway and probably be out of reach of anything you put into your vjj. So for cutoff, RepHresh, and for O+12 or BD through O, better to stick with Replens/Acijel/Sylk.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    right, makes total sense to me. It's important to keep pH low for a long time when doing cut off. But with O + 12 and bd through you need that pH down asap, with no delay! So that's why the other combo would work for that.

Great stuff!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    where can I get acijel? I have looked all over the place and can't find it anywhere....
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast