Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

PCOS/T2 Diabetic Girl Sway

As mentioned in the title, I am a T2 diabetic and I have PCOS. From what I understand, I need to have blood sugars in the lower (but still safe) range while also having lower (but medically compliant) insulin levels and also do a lower amount of muscle building exercise to have the best shot at a successful girl sway. Have I interpreted that right?

Sorry if it's been asked before, that's just something that takes a LOT of work and discipline for me (as well as increased monitoring from my doctor) and I want to make sure I've got it right.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi! Thanks for your patience, I wanted to answer this when I had time to do it thoroughly.

I want you to do what is best for your health. PLEASE don't be messing around with what you need to do for your health. Above all else we want you doing what is important for you to stay heathy and to have a healthy pregnancy. I would have you do the alternate PCOS-type diet https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...rt-3-pcos.html (I would prefer the atomic fertility diet for you, being careful not to go overboard with carbs!)

Blood sugar as we define it, is not a number measurable on a glucose monitor. (so PLEASE do not sway by trying to attain an number on a glucose monitor) That is not what we are truly going for. While we don't totally know how it all works, it seems to be something about the process by which your body regulates its blood sugar that sways, and we don't honestly know how to "make" it happen. My advice is to do LE Diet in the alternate form, do 60 minutes of cardio exercise 4-7 days a week, and lose a bit of weight (at BMI 21, hold steady without losing any more, and 18.5 is the absolute barest minimum do not go below that under any circumstances). Those two things work for people WITHOUT you doing anything harmful to your health, or trying to keep your blood sugar at a certain number that may not be attainable.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your reply and the advice!

I'm definitely not planning on doing anything that will be harmful for my health. Not to sound (I can't think of the word!) but trying to have a baby when I'm not medically compliant is probably one of the most irresponsible things I can imagine. For some conditions it may not be as big of a deal, but uncontrolled diabetes can be deadly and I'm not about the playing with fire game!

I know that my med team will embrace the increased cardio. They will likely side eye the diet but be ok with it for at least a trial period. My nutritionist is pretty great so I can see her helping me modify it to suit my needs and still be sway friendly.

Cross your fingers that I'm able to get where I need to be and not have any medical bumps in the road!

Just a note for other diabetic swayers (mainly type 2, as type 1 GENERALLY tend to already know this) who may read this in the future: please, please, pretty please, talk to your doc/medical team about your planned dietary changes. Our meds are dosed based on our body's response to our diet. You don't necessarily have to ask them if you can make a change. But you definitely should tell them that you're gonna be drastically changing your diet/increasing your activity level. They will likely just ask for more frequent sugar checks so that they can adjust your meds as needed. My sister is T1 and drastically changed her diet and exercise routine to combat the freshman 15 without telling her doc or increasing her self monitoring (lord knows why) and nearly died. Please don't do that. What's the point in trying to have a baby if you die in the process?

4. Likes Kelbear liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Exactly! Couldn't agree more. I get some people on here who out of desperation are willing to do anything, including things that are really dangerous, so I have to operate under the assumption that everyone who shows up might do so till proven otherwise.

EVen if you were to continue following a lower carb diet that's better for you, being on metformin even if that was approprate for you and then ONLY making the change of adding in exercise, even just that one thing might make all the difference for you. I suspect you're probably already eating a diet that's quite good for your blood sugar overall anyway so if you couldn't get into the full LE Diet, I'm fine with that.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are there any supplements that you'd recommend? I'm taking cinnamon (sprinkled in my coffee and a capsule as well) and apple cider vinegar tabs to help with my insulin resistance. I've heard rumors on diabetes boards about chromium, magnesium, and fenugreek but I wasn't sure how they sway. I assume pink if they're helping to increase insulin sensitivity, but who knows if there's some other thing that they do that goes blue (not to mention that all rumors on diabetes boards should be taken with a "Lot's wife" sized pillar of salt ).

I know that just by doing the weight loss stuff I should be good, but I've already got 4 boys and my husband only wants one more baby so this is my last go. I wanna pad my chances as much as I can without swinging back around the other way

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Uh, that's the darn truth isn't it?? (pillar of salt the size of Lot's wife, that is)

How much cinnamon on the whole are you having?

I'd skip the ACV as we don't know how it sways. The old school swayers claim it sways blue, and I never bothered to use it for people since we've had cinnamon doing the same thing.

I would not take any of the other stuff. The thing is, we can't assume that insulin sensitivity is the ONLY thing swaying, and all those things could have other effects that might sway blue in other ways that we haven't even guessed at yet. I tend to take a less is more approach where I only recommend things I feel are fairly well proven so you guys don't have to take a chance on supplements that only sway in theory, not practice.

If you absolutely MUST take one of them, magnesium would be my recommendation. It's something a lot of people have taken for swaying (NOT for insulin resistance but for the mineral balancing diets) and while I personally believe it sways blue to some extent, it can't be a heavy hitter since people do take it and get girls.

I recommend fiber, folic acid or folate, and that's pretty much it. Is your husband willing to take anything?