Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Has anyone conceived a girl without losing weight?

Nearly every successful girl sway I read seems to involve weight loss. I'm worried about it because my BMI is 18.3 and I don't have much weight to lose. I might manage to lose a couple of pounds a month for the first couple of months, but it took 9 months to conceive DS2 and I think I would probably stop ovulating if I continued to lose weight every month.

I'm really worried that I'm not going to be able to conceive a girl because of this. I've been searching on here and ingender for examples of successful girl sways where it was indicated that weight was maintained but I can't find any.

Before conceiving DS2 I had previously lost a lot of weight, my bmi was about 19 and I was maintaining my weight when I conceived him.
    DS1 - 5.5
    DS2 - 3

It's a girl!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's fine as long as you are still doing the diet. I didn't had much to lose either ..an to e honest I was at my thinnest when I conceived ds2 with exercise and I got a boy.
    Our long awaited is here!!!!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm quite obese - even more so when I got pg this time. I did lose a very small amount before getting pregnant this time (maybe 10lbs but that was a small fraction compared to my weight) I was about 50lba heavier this time than with my boys. I'm pg with a girl this time.

I did lots of other swaying but not the LE or GD diet.
    and coming end of November!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nestof3 that seems to be what I'm seeing most, actual weight doesn't make much difference but losing even a small amount of weight seems to sway.

So I don't think my low bmi will sway, I think I'll need to actually lose weight.
    DS1 - 5.5
    DS2 - 3

It's a girl!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe BOTH low BMI and weight loss can sway pink. if your BMI is already 18.3 you should not lose weight (or lose very little), but focus instead on eating lower protein and less fat, while keeping empty calories high.

Doulamama conceived a girl while holding steady and I think she had even gained a bit right before.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nestof3 View Post
    I'm quite obese - even more so when I got pg this time. I did lose a very small amount before getting pregnant this time (maybe 10lbs but that was a small fraction compared to my weight) I was about 50lba heavier this time than with my boys. I'm pg with a girl this time.

I did lots of other swaying but not the LE or GD diet.
    BOTH losing weight AND being at a low BMI sway pink. You don't necessarily have to do both.

Being heavy can sway pink too though. Anything that reduces your fertility overall, sways pink. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...irls-boys.html

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    BOTH losing weight AND being at a low BMI sway pink. You don't necessarily have to do both.

Being heavy can sway pink too though. Anything that reduces your fertility overall, sways pink. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...irls-boys.html
    The interesting part is that I got PG on the first, one-shot attempt after abstinance, hot bath, RePhresh, supps for me & DH, Sudafed, etc. I'd say I have to be fairly fertile to get PG with all that going on! But I suppose I could have just gotten lucky and got a girl being obese & fertile.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangea View Post
    Nestof3 that seems to be what I'm seeing most, actual weight doesn't make much difference but losing even a small amount of weight seems to sway.

So I don't think my low bmi will sway, I think I'll need to actually lose weight.
    I will say, with both my boys - although I weighed less at conception (still obese!) - DS1 was conceived at holiday time so I know I was gaining and DS2 took several months due to lame swaying so I'm sure I was gaining or staying at the same weight back then too. This is probably the only time I actually *was* losing weight, but like I said it was seriously minimal. 10lbs to me would be like 3lbs to an average person.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's good to hear of someone having conceived a girl without losing weight, I'm driving myself crazy here with research, worrying that I won't be able to do it.
    DS1 - 5.5
    DS2 - 3

It's a girl!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nestof3 View Post
    The interesting part is that I got PG on the first, one-shot attempt after abstinance, hot bath, RePhresh, supps for me & DH, Sudafed, etc. I'd say I have to be fairly fertile to get PG with all that going on! But I suppose I could have just gotten lucky and got a girl being obese & fertile.
    Reduced fertility does NOT mean you will be unable to get pregnant. Reduced fertility means that you are less than optimally fertile (lower sperm count, less and/or hostile CM). It's TOTALLY possible to be less fertile than another person but still absolutely capable of getting pregnant the first time out. Fertility is not a light switch that shuts off and on where eitehr you are or you aren't, it's a continuum that we move up and down and as we move up the continuum towards optimal conditions we sway blue, as we move down the continuum we sway pink. All those things you did, reduced your fertility overall, how could they not??

It is a fact (not invented by me) that the heavier you are, the harder it is (statistically speaking, in the population as a whole) to get pregnant. Also a fact that the thinner you are, the harder it is to get pregnant.

11. Thanks Babygirl19 thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast