Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would not exercise unless you can do intense exercise 60 min a day, 6-7 days a week. Walking (esp. if you're already used to the amount of walking you're doing) is perfectly fine and you should just keep doing what you're doing while losing a couple of pounds on a low cal, low fat, low protein diet.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks hun i'm pleased to hear that.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    could we work out for a few weeks to gain some muscle and then do nothing (making it easier to lose)? ((doing the former before even ttc?))
    or does it have to be less muscle mass than i have now?
    I cannot commit to 60-min/day for 6-7 days/week... but i have enjoyed getting out w my twins in the jogging stroller (in attempt to get more 'in shape'). would this be considered a no-no to sway pink?
    how about diets like HCG and the atkins fast fat to help the weight fall off quickly (then switching over to the LE diet - feeling like it might be easier to switch up the foods while dieting) before ttc?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, it's best not to do that because you end up raising yoru T and E levels, and then even if you do lose weight, you're just going to end up back where you started from. You need to start from your baseline and go down from there.

Four - you have PCOS, right?? Exercise is really beneficial to your blood sugar levels and I'm starting to think it's SO beneficial, that for people with Insulin resistance or PCOS, it might be worth the risks to do moderate exercise if you really can't do the extreme exercise (just be sure you're losing weight on a lower protein diet). Basically - extreme exercise is best for all pink swayers, and then for people with PCOS/IR moderate exercise is ok and may be better than no exercise, and for peopel without PCOS/IR, no exercise is better than moderate exercise.

DO NOT DO HCG diet, it raises testosterone!!! I also think it's a bad idea to do Atkins because you give your body lots of cholesterol and sat. fat to store up, and cholesterol and sat. fat is what your body makes into T and E and also protein to build muscle with.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    gosh, i really appreciate this response...i was about to load up this weekend. phewf!
    can i ask...how are people on the LE diet finding ENERGY to work out so much? with blood sugar levels very low, wouldn't it be dangerous to work out that much with such restrictions food-wise?
    is running the best option?
    ...i can certainly try to get that much exercise in - i just have 4 boys, ages 1-5.
    only 2 can fit in my double jogger....and the twins are lighter...
    Last edited by fourunderfour; May 10th, 2012 at 12:08 AM.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been trying to wrack my brain to figure out how I could possibly get that much exercise in (especially when DH is at work for long hours)....
    Would walking briskly pushing a triple stroller be a good alternative to running (cannot push the triple while jogging - it is a BEAST).
    The stroller weighs over 50 lbs and each of my riders weigh between 21-28 lbs.
    What do you think? Yay or nay?
    Any other suggestions for at home exercise...I think I may have seen jumping rope? Any DVDs that I could purchase that are pink friendly? DH and I decided to cut cable to save $ so we don't have On Demand anymore...
    Would LOVE suggestions!!
    Thanks,
    Katie
    4 boys - Cale, Megersa, Thaddeus & Shepherd.
    would love to see a "Poppy" join the family.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fourunderfour View Post
    gosh, i really appreciate this response...i was about to load up this weekend. phewf!
    can i ask...how are people on the LE diet finding ENERGY to work out so much? with blood sugar levels very low, wouldn't it be dangerous to work out that much with such restrictions food-wise?
    is running the best option?
    ...i can certainly try to get that much exercise in - i just have 4 boys, ages 1-5.
    only 2 can fit in my double jogger....and the twins are lighter...
    Some people are already quite fit and they can handle it easily.

You may need to eat something before exercise and that's just fine.

Your blood sugar should NEVER be so low that you actually are in danger of fainting...if you're THAT hungry, eat.

Running is ok. Personally I can't run because it hurts my ankles and i've never had any success runnign with a stroller anyway. Do a different sort of exercise, such as Zumba, Walk away the POunds, or other "dance" type cardio instead. The only thing to avoid is kickboxing, because the kicking/punching movements may raise testosterone.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; May 11th, 2012 at 05:22 PM.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic, you said you were not sure with yoga. To be honest, I'm a yoga rat and I have hated cardio all my life. There's a type of yoga which is called Yin Yoga. You mostly relax in the different asanas (about ten asanas) for a few minutes. It's mostly stretching, no chance of muscle building, no strength training...
    Would that be okay to add to a cardio routine or should I give up yoga altogether? Thank you

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that sort of yoga SHOULD be ok, but without a study I can't totally say for sure.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic, I know I read it already in some post but it slipped my mind. When are we supposed to launch our crazy-mode cardio 60-minute routine before attempt?

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast