Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Swaying Blue But..... :(

I'm trying to sway blue (not aggressively though) but I NEED to lose weight. I have PCOS and a BMI of 29.5. My Dr. has advised me to lose weight. I need to lose at least 27 lbs before I can be in the highest range of my health BMI but this boy diet is not helping it. I'm actually gaining about 2-4 lbs a week! Yes, I gain pretty fast and lose slow! Before I know it, I'll be in the "obese" category. What should I do?? Is there any way around the boy sway and the diet/exercise?
    Can I lose weight but still sway blue by doing something "extra"? Please help!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did exactly that. I was swaying on the HE diet for 8 months and put on so much weight, i decided enough was enough and started to lose weight, 2 months later and 6kg lighter i fell pregnant. I dont know if i am having a boy or girl yet.

Basically i upped the exercise and cut out full fat dairy, potato chips, all drinks except for water and green tea and limited my carbs to the morning only.

So i was still eating nutritious foods regularly (every 2-3 hours) taking fish oil and weight training ontop of cardio 5 times a week. You can lose weight eating lots of healthy foods, Just try to have protein at every meal with lots of veggies and fruits. You can still take whatever supplements you want (wheatgrass and brewers yeast are good to get nutrients up).

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I got pg with a DD while losing weight, so I'm wary of it... This time I lost the weight first, then got pg. I did low carb (Atkins using Dr. Atkin's book... Not the newer books) to lose around 40lbs, then primal/paleo eating for a couple of months before starting the HE diet.

I got to my goal weight for TTC, then put back on about 6lbs on the HE diet before we conceived. It is a boy this time

I would ideally recommend lose the weight first then TTC after you are at a weight you're comfortable with (and could even gain a few pounds of padding).

But depending on your diet now, going with a healthy HE diet could help you lose, especially if you're eating a lot of processed foods now and switch to more homemade foods from whole ingredients to get in max nutrients for the HE diet.

You could also consider doing some weight lifting, which boosts testosterone and could encourage your body to convert some fat pounds to muscle mass . Ladies won't get all "bulky" like guys with muscles so no need of worry about that. We just get toned
    Wife to a sweetie DH & Mama to:
    C, 13yo ; A, 11yo ; B, 9yo ; G, 6yo - successful blue sway; H, 3yo - sweet surprise!; C, 2yo - successful blue sway!, S - newbie!

Thank you GD!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with your doctor, you need to stop gaining weight and start losing it.

The PCOS will be swaying blue for you to begin with and we have some evidence that being really heavy may even sway pink for some people, so losing weight for someone who is heavy to begin with is in no way a dealbreaker. I do think Skrimpy has some good advice in that it might behoove you to lose the weight first, then have a bit of a pause, then do your sway in a few months when your body has readjusted to the lower weight.

On the TTC boy diet, you need to eat smarter, not harder. You don't need to eat meat and potato and banana and huge cups of juice all at once. You certainly don't need to eat potato chips. All you need is to eat protein and carbs at every meal - so eat JUST meat with a banana and have water to drink, or meat with juice, and then snack on things like nuts (which are protein and carbs together) Watch your serving size and caloric intake as well - TTC boy is not carte blanche to stuff yourself. Also, since you're trying to eat 9 servings of fruit/veg a day (this sounds like a lot but serving sizes are small), eat veg instead of fruit and that will help keep cals down. So along with your meat and banana, have a small spinach salad or some broccoli. For juice, drink V8 rather than fruit juice. You don't NEED to even eat grains or potatoes at all on the TTC boy diet, you can give those a pass all together and get your carbs from fruits and vegetables.

Exercise will be what really helps the most both for your sway and for your weight (also will help with the PCOS). with Cinss - don't avoid cardio, just keep it to 45 min. 4-5 times a week and then also do weight training 4 days a week, 2 days arms, 2 days legs, then a day of rest between them. In fact, if you are still gaining weight even with the change in diet you can add in a whole nother set of cardio exercise at a different time of day if you need to. Blue swayers can do 45 min in the am, 45 min in the pm if they need to - the important thing is avoiding the big blocks of exercise because after about 45 min. your body has burned off all available glucose for fuel, and starts using fat/muscle for fuel which is not what you want for TTC a boy.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ