Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are Veggie Burgers OK?

I am struggling to find easy things to bring to work with me for lunch. I bought some Boca Burgers for this week...are they OK?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't know what boca burgers are, but I eat veggie burgers from tesco and they are within the limits!!! GL XXX
    14 13 12 9 8 5 2
    !!MY MAGNIFICENT SEVEN!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah since giving up meat I've been really craving a burger so was also thinking of making up or buying some vegie burgers. Think it should be okay.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Early on in my sway I ate veggie burgers at dinner. It was tricky, though, because by the time I included the patty, a bun, possibly some cheese, and some condiments, it was quite high in sodium.

For my lunches to bring to work, I would make pasta with veggies (mushrooms, zucchini, bell peppers) and as low-sodium a pasta sauce I could find, or sour cream.
    2013 (my pray+sway baby girl is here!)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A word of warning, soy based fake meat products can sway blue for some people. I ate them along with a vegan diet for three years before I conceived my son. My personal thought is that it depends on the person. I am positive they sway blue for me, so I personally choose to avoid them. Good luck. Sorry this probably isn't much help, but wanted to throw out there that they can sway blue.
    2012 (my sweetest little bug)

2013 Thank you Atomic Sagebrush and Gender Dreaming!

Link to my successful girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had veggie burgers from sainsburys in my sway and used to have them with salad in a mini pitta - was my favourite dinner!
    2003 2005 2010
    Swayed so really hoping for a little

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Out of fake meat products like veggie burgers or plain tofu, tofu seems to be the less of the 2 evils. Fake meat products are often loaded with sodium. If you feel you need to have some kind of protein in your lunch, have you thought about trying tofu? It takes some getting used to, but it might do the trick for you and get the job done using less of your daily sodium allowance. HTH
    2012 (my sweetest little bug)

2013 Thank you Atomic Sagebrush and Gender Dreaming!

Link to my successful girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i use them sometimes but you have to be aware of the salt and i avoid tofu/soy as mentioned in pp

xx
    DS1 2009 DS2 2011

At around fifteen weeks sadly one of our babies became an angel fx for a healthy singleton!

*Update it's a girl! fx she'll make it!*

Thank you atomic praying our dream will come true

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyGirl4Me View Post
    A word of warning, soy based fake meat products can sway blue for some people. I ate them along with a vegan diet for three years before I conceived my son. My personal thought is that it depends on the person. I am positive they sway blue for me, so I personally choose to avoid them. Good luck. Sorry this probably isn't much help, but wanted to throw out there that they can sway blue.
    We aren't certain how soy sways yet - there is evidence pointing in both directions and it may come down to the overall diet of the individual overall. I don't think an occasional veggie burger sways in either direction, but if you're eating them every day 3 meals a day, then it may make some difference.

Soy ~can~ make extra CM for some people, so if you want to eat soy regularly and are swaying pink, you may need to include antihistamine to dry up CM. If you're swaying blue, soy may lower testosterone and interfere with natural estrogen over time so keep it to a minimum - it's no magic bullet.

We do think soy does sway pink when eaten by DH.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyGirl4Me View Post
    Out of fake meat products like veggie burgers or plain tofu, tofu seems to be the less of the 2 evils. Fake meat products are often loaded with sodium. If you feel you need to have some kind of protein in your lunch, have you thought about trying tofu? It takes some getting used to, but it might do the trick for you and get the job done using less of your daily sodium allowance. HTH
    Tofu is also much MUCH more natural and I would much rather see blue swayers use tofu.

I also like tofu for pink swayers becos you can use just a tiny square of it and get a bit of fat and protein that way.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ