Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The rest of it is ok taken together (altho you may want to break it up if you get a sick tummy) with two exceptions:

Fiber should just be taken with any meal or snack containing fat and not at a particular time of day. I don't know this for a fact but it seems like it could even absorb some of the delicate compounds in the herbs if taken at the same time, plus the fiber can't absorb any fat from your meal if you take it when you're not eating.

Folic should be broken up into smaller doses and taken throughout the day. I would have you take 1200-1600 mcg in 3 or 4 doses, and if you prefer to stick to 800 mcg, then take 2 doses, 400 mcg each.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What is your take on prenatal vitamins affecting a pink sway, Atomic? With my first child I took prenatals for six months before ttc because I read some studies that said that your body needs time to build up optimum levels of vitamins/nutrients that the fetus will need. I'm a bit nervous about starting a low-nutrient pink diet with no prenatal preparation. Or would you suggest taking the components separately as individual supplements, and leaving out any that aren't necessary (or don't sway pink), and if so, which?
    DS is nearly 3 yo. Swayed for a , but we are absolutely delighted to be welcoming a , sweet little brother for DS.
    Jan: started LE diet. Feb & March: BFNs. Chemical in April.
    May: Appendicitis at 9dpo; hospital blood test was BFN.
    Absolutely shocked by a BFP after I got home from the appendectomy. Luckily, the pregnancy was not affected in any way by this early experience. He's a healthy, robust little one!

My Ovulation Chart
    for bfp cycle

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe prenatals sway blue. Your body actually stores many nutrients for months/years in advance, and then the others are almost all available in adequate amounts on the LE Diet. The LE Diet is LOW everything, not NO everything - healthy foods are definitely allowed and in fact low carb veg like broccoli, spinach, etc are FREE and you can have as much as you want without even counting them.

Folic acid, should be taken by everyone of course and I advise 1200-1600 mcg a day while on LE Diet.

The exceptions, nutrients that are difficult to get quite enough of on LE without being careful, are potassium (so take care to get 2500-3500 mg a day via diet), iodine (use iodized salt and be sure to get the 700-1000 mg minimum sodium a day), and zinc (after 3-6 months on diet, you may want to add in 8-15 mg zinc supplement 3 times a week.) If you have heavy periods or tend to be anemic, you may also want to add in a 18-30 mg heme iron supp 3 times a week.

I understand the concern but you have to keep in perspective that prenatals were not taken at all EVER until very recently and even as recently as my oldest son was born, they did not have you taking them until you were confirmed pregnant and that was often after the first trimester. At that time, my doctor was like, "Well, you're young, you probably don't even need them" LOL. Plus, our diets are so much better than they've ever been - humans had healthy babies with no prenatals eating a diet so terrible that it's cringeworthy, for thousands if not millions of years. Shakespeare, Socrates, Mozart were all conceived without benefit of prenatals.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your thoughtful reply, AS. The specifics you give are very good to have at hand. I think I need to get the membership and take a look at the LE diet! I'm glad to hear it does have the essentials covered.

Using history as an example, though, doesn't quite give the perspective I think you mean to reassure me with. Sure, people on atrocious diets had exceptional babies. But what percentage were NOT exceptional, or even healthy, compared to the current day? Far higher, I suspect, although the issue is certainly complicated by the high rate of infant death from any number of factors. As much as I want to do all I can to raise my chances of having a girl, I also want to do all I can possibly do to raise the chances of optimal health for my baby. But from your very well-researched posts it sounds like you have that goal firmly in mind, too, so you've put my mind at ease on that front.
    Last edited by Niva; December 19th, 2012 at 05:09 PM.
    DS is nearly 3 yo. Swayed for a , but we are absolutely delighted to be welcoming a , sweet little brother for DS.
    Jan: started LE diet. Feb & March: BFNs. Chemical in April.
    May: Appendicitis at 9dpo; hospital blood test was BFN.
    Absolutely shocked by a BFP after I got home from the appendectomy. Luckily, the pregnancy was not affected in any way by this early experience. He's a healthy, robust little one!

My Ovulation Chart
    for bfp cycle

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...l-version.html

Yes, I agree about historical perspective, but at the same time people were eating those horrific diets their entire lives and living in filthy conditions so we can't really tease out cause and effect.

My point is not really "well people ate badly back in the day so it's all good" but more to demonstrate that the present mentality of "OMG if I don't do everything exactly perfectly for months on end before I conceive then my baby will have something terribly wrong with it" because these megadoses of vitamins were not available until very recently.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Right now I have FA with DHA. How much DHA can you take for it to be okay? Or should I go to the store and get just straight FA. By the way I'm swaying for a boy.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DHA with folic is great for a boy!!! Guidelines for DHA run between 200-500 mg and so if you need more folic, it may be best to use just the folic alone. I've never heard anything about taking too much DHA, but just that it's an unknown and so better to stick to proven doses.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, does swaying methods help at all when going HT or just focus on improving EQ (egg quality)? I am TTC blue and currently doing:

DHEA - 25mg am, pm, night
    CoQ10 - 100mg am pm night
    Iron and B12 prenatal complex - once a day
    Vitamin D 10000 twice a week (Rx for deficiency issues)
    Vitamin C - 1000mg at night
    Fish oil - 1000mg at night (omega 3: 350mg, EPA: 180mg, EPA: 120mg)

DH is doing his standard blend of daily vitamins and just now added FertilityBlend.

thanks!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you're TTC a boy and going HT, improving egg quality will only help. Pretty much everything on HE Diet and the TTC a boy supps that we recommend most will only help with HT.

Have you had your DHEA tested?? It is not something to just take without a doctor's input. It can really mess things up for you to take DHEA if you don't need it.

If you're going HT then you have to totally avoid hte Fertility Blend we were talking about in another thread - it's incompatible with HT meds

10. Thanks fknonl1ne thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please pardon me if this is ignorance par excellence.
    What is the test name for DHEA levels? Google links have only confused me. Lori at Dr. P said I should hand-write the test on the orders she sent for labs.

Thank you all in advance.

Olorun Ileri2

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast