Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I"m sorry! I wish I knew whether it was the supps or just your body still recovering, or both. Are you positively sure that it's AF? Just to be on the safe side, you might want to continue doing OPK.

Supps can affect your cycle BAD. They really really can. I promise that everyone can conceive a baby of their DG without hormonal supps, just by diet and exercise you can make your body much more likely to conceive a baby of a particular gender.

If you think the Fertile CM is affecting you, obviously the best thing to do is stop them. I do think fish oil can contribute to bleeding though, so you might want to start taking it every other day. Same with garlic, even garlic via diet can cause bleeding.
    I did an OPK yesterday too and negative (CD17) I also did a pregnancy test and it was negative. This is for sure AF and heavy too. My Dr. said to come to the lab and do some tests to see if there's any reason for the irregular cycles. I wish I knew too what it was but some of the other girls who had losses and m/c have had similar issues so who know. I'm stopping most supps, but not Folic Acid, of course. This is just so totally not what I expected this to be like and now I'm totally off on timing when I was hoping to give birth. Oh well, I'm not in control.
    16yrs 7yrs & 4yrs
    DS#2 died day of his birth 12/15/10

Praying and swaying for a precious baby boy but being blessed with a instead

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Big Big hugs wish I could give you a simple answer x
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    for quick answers and that this soon will all be a distant memory.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ever since I've had children I've always had very strong O pains, which made it fairly easy to know when to DTD when we were ttc, so this is the first time I've ever used OPKs.

I've discovered that I get my first gush of EWCM around 3 or 4 days before I O and also at around that time I start to feel tender in my abdomen. They will come and go for a couple of days or so and are just a general tenderness, then the day before I O I'm more likely to get a one sided and stronger pain. (I've mentioned this before but in the past I would have considered this to be O day - however it's O-1 so it's likely my boys were conceived with cut-offs). On the day I O (which is usually in the evening) I get alot of tenderness very low down - it's like I feel it in my cervix rather than my abdomen. It feels as though my insides are very low down (even though my cervix is high when I check!). I guess maybe it's enlarged?

This month, I got the usual gush of EWCM on cd9 and then it pretty much disappeared. I've had very few O pains and little EWCM - so much so that I almost forgot to even take my OPK (it's the pains which usually prompt me to begin testing) so I was very surprised on the day I got my first +OPK (yesterday, cd14). I know I'm ovulating right now because I have the tenderness I described above (that's right, real time ovulation here!) but this is a very 'mild' bout of ovulation for me!

Here's the thing, and I know Atomic that you say there's no way of knowing which side you ovulated from, but every time I've had a one sided pain this cycle it's been on the left hand side and this, coupled with the notion that O pains are stronger when you O from the right hand side, has me thinking that this cycle is a left sided cycle. Of course I'm thinking that this was my left handed less fertile girl cycle - and we're not ttc until next month!

I don't really have a question, I'm just reporting my experiences as I think them through
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1) Me too and I was just mentioning this on another thread. I did not have O pains or even menstrual cramps at all until I really physically matured and my cycles became very regular. The more kids I've had, the more noticeable the O pains have become.

2)Your cervix softening and opening up could absolutely cause physical sensation. They are O pains in the sense that you experience them at ovulation, but they aren't emanating from your ovary necessarily. Also, there is cramping that occurs at ovulation that helps move sperm to egg and egg to uterus and you may experience that down low.

I find it very interesting that your O pain seems milder than normal.

3)I too have had months where I for sure felt pain more strongly on one side as opposed to another. Does it mean that we Oed on that side or the other? We can't know for sure...I'm sure you read this already but to me it seems possible that you could feel more pain in the side that didn't release an egg than the one you did. i certainly wouldn't bet in either direction!!!

It would be interesting to take note of your normal cycles to see if you usually had more right sided than left sided O pain!!

Does anyone know if people commonly keep track of this on FF? As in, we could go back and look at charts and see if there was any correlation between right sided and left sided O pain and gender??

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That would be very interesting - but no doubt a source of great frustration too I'll see if I can find anything out.

Last month I had more pains on the right and the month before on the left (and when I say 'pain' I mean a very intermittent stabbing in my side, not just the general abdominal tenderness which tends to be the whole way across my abdomen).
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't try too hard (testosterone!!!) PS love your new avatar!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I asked the other ladies on the ttc pink thread - that was the extent of my investigations Thank you, I love to see them all playing together!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Could it be higher estrogen levels too, if you have painful O pains?, I read some woman having strong O pains from taking clomid and soy isoflavones and they raise estrogen levels
    Married for 20yrs, SAHM to 7 healthy boys and one surprise daughter(2021)

Sometimes God's plan is different than what you had in mind, but His plan is always better and He might surprise you later

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's interesting melinda, thank you.
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast