Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Belle View Post
    I am also from the southern hemisphere and both my children were conceived nov and feb which is my spring and summer. I don't really believe in the seasons for swaying I am also trying toward the end of the month inwinter. I'm just doing the opposite of what I did before.
    Yes, not sure I really think it makes that much difference i.e. the seasons. But I guess I would like to conceive away from winter to see if we can get a girl so may be I will just avoid May to July.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by melinda View Post
    I am from southeast tx and my boys were conceived 2 in feb, march, april, they were born 2 of them in oct, nov, dec, we are start ttcing in aug probably conception date first of sept, I believe it will make it end of may baby, so maybe that's what I need for a girl lol since it will be born in summer and my boys were born in autumn and winter, I am one that conceives just walking by my husband lmao but since I will be screwing with my hormones next month I am not planning for a bfp so soon but hope so because I am ready to get it over with lol
    Well, the interesting thing is that the closer you get to the equator, more girls are conceived!!! The seasons are less important if you live nearer the equator.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jude17 View Post
    I have 2 boys conceived in May and July. I am in the southern hemisphere so this is our winter and from what I understand sways boy. My new boy turns 1 in February so as we are getting older I would like to start ttc around this time. But I think for me Sept/ Oct/Nov are the better months for ttc a girl but I really don't think I will have my sway started in time as I am still BF so don't have my period yet and to be honest I am so tired from having a new baby that the thought of starting my sway at this time is just to hard for me.

I think ideally I should wait until Sept/Oct/Nov of 2012 but its so far away. So my question is do I start ttc early next year running into our winter again when I conceived my boys or do people think it would be much better to wait until spring/summer 2012 to try and conceive at a different time of year to my boys?

My sister just had a girl who was conceived at exactly the same time as her twin boys so maybe it really doesn't matter? There is no much to think about with this sway business and I try to think that seasons won't matter but as I have 2 boys conceived in winter it worries me to conceive in winter again. It just unfortunate that when I will be ready to ttc again its going to be winter. What a pain as I don't really want to wait for over a year to ttc our last baby.
    I think it's MUCH better to TTC with what the data indicates and what also seems to make sense...that baby boys have better odds of survival when they are born in late spring/early summer and so something in your body responds to environmental cues and makes you more likely to TTC a boy in Sept/Nov in the Northern Hemisphere, Mar-May in the southern. Your body has no clue when you TTC your last kids, but it does have a clue how long the days are and whether the temperature outside is warm or cold and how much Vit. D it's been making from sunshine. THAT'S what it responds to and that is what is doing the swaying, not some mystical property of one month over another, but what is going on inside your body and what gives your baby the best shot at surviving.

That "do the opposite" idea gets bandied about a lot on swaying sites. But the problem is that doing the opposite on some of these things is only going to make you MORE boy friendly than you were to start with. If you were so boy friendly that you conceived a boy in a "girl" time of year in the first place, conceiving again in a "boy" time of year isn't going to cure that at all, it's only going to make it harder for swaying to overcome that setting. It's all about maximizing your odds, not doing the opposite. It is highly unlikely that your personal body just happens to work opposite to everyone elses, KWIM??

I have TWO boys conceived in March and I would STILL conceive in March-May again if I wanted a girl.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    PS - I just wanted to let you guys know that it almost gave me physical pain to accept that the seasons really might have a role to play in swaying. I didn't want to believe it and argued against it at first, but the data really does seem to be supported by science and even more importantly, makes SENSE from an evolutionary perspective.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 2 boys conceived in late July/early August therefore I would skip that month only b/c I don't want another child with an April birthday
    Mom to Sept. 04, April 08, ^i^ May 09 & April 10

Trying to convince DH to try for a tubal reversal baby girl soon!

My Ovulation Chart

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Totally!

PS (hi Crystal!!!)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My girls are all born in spring, summer and autumn. I don't have a winter baby.
    Our 6-pack of girlies

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just wanted to say again how awesome I find this post. It rings so true for me. Conceived my ds very end of oct and conceived my dd very end of Feb. So next time will try for a girl in march or April and hopefully if I get a chance to, I will eventually sway for another boy in oct.

I also agree about the not doing the opposite of what u have done in the past in this case. You will just be making urself even more boy friendly. In my opinion. Great advice atomic!!!
    = One little prince! (2008) and
    Two little princesses (2010) (2013) successful girl sways

(my chart) http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/234f4a

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Babydust!!! Hey, since we were in the same DD group, you can def. back me up on the fact that most of the swayers did indeed conceive baby girls (even those who wanted boys!!)

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How important do you guys think the seasons have to do with swaying? I was planning on TTC for a girl starting in November which is boy time. I can push it back a couple more months if you think it would make a big difference. I just wanted the spacing closer together with my son, and I'm also afraid it may take me a long time to get pregnant. Thanks for any advice.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast