Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for this essay, Atomic. It was exactly what I needed to read today. This past month was my first TTC month and got myself so worked up with trying to get it all right, I'm not even sure I ovulated. I put so much pressure on myself, I started to feel really defeated with the whole swaying process. I'm taking an HPT tomorrow and am hoping for a BFN so I can start fresh and more relaxed. I have already started exercising and plan to try again in July with no supps, just diet and exercise, and one attempt at pos OPK. Thanks, again, for some perspective.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just writing on thread so I can find it again. How do I save a thread I like if I want it for reference?? Thanks
    14 13 12 9 8 5 2
    !!MY MAGNIFICENT SEVEN!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by pebmcp6 View Post
    Just writing on thread so I can find it again. How do I save a thread I like if I want it for reference?? Thanks
    In the grey box under total thread likes (near top of page before comments) there is a thread tools to click on. Then subscribe to forum.
    Mom to 2009 and 2011. My joined us in October! Thanks GenderDreaming!
    My sway here- http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...girl-sway.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really loved the When Sways Attack article. In part 2, there's a part about how visualization and relaxation can sabotage a pink sway.

I personally believe the hypnosis tracks I listened to for relaxation and becoming more focused on your goal actually helped *my* sway. I can certainly see how these tactics may not work for everyone and could easily sway blue if done obsessively like a new project. However, just wanted to throw out there that it is possible to use tactics like relaxation and visualization to help you with a pink sway. Here's what I did:

I purchased a hypnosis track for relaxation. I would sometimes listen to this when DS was napping or right before bed. I honestly enjoy listening to the tracks and I think overall it helped me let go of stress and anxiety. I didn't do this religiously by any means, just whenever I wanted to take some time to relax and unwind a bit. I think the relaxation tracks combined with saw palmetto mellowed me out quite a bit during the sway.

For visualization, I created a "vision board" on Pinterest with pictures of baby girls, girl clothes/accessories and would look at the board once in a while, or if I saw something while browsing online I liked, I would add it as a pin. I didn't obsess over this either, it was just a nice little thing to look at once in a while. It made me feel good and smile. I really loved looking at my vision board. It didn't feel like work. I enjoyed doing it and it brought me happiness.

If you use relaxation or visualization as part of your pink sway, and if at any time it feels like a chore - you're doing it wrong. If you're scheduling a specific time to do it every day - you're doing it wrong. If you're interrupting other activities to relax or visualize - you're doing it wrong. If your'e doing it every single day without exception - you're doing it wrong. These tactics are probably best used on occasion and definitely not every day and cannot be done obsessively. It should be fun, and it should not feel like work. If it feels like work in any way - you're doing it wrong.

Anyway, my point is, if you want to use something like relaxation hypnosis as part of your sway, I don't think it will hurt as long as you don't make a big fuss or production out of it. If you buy into "The Secret" and believe you can help manifest a baby girl into your life by visualizing yourself with a daughter, have at it, but don't obsess over it. If you use "The Secret" then gratitude lists may be helpful for you too. It's good to pause once in a while and take stock of the blessings and good things in your life. A few of us ttc in March had a gratitude thread I liked to post in sometimes. Gratitude is a great way to appreciate what you have and bring more abundance into your life, but again, it's important to not obsess over it.

If you try these tactics and think they're stressing you out or you're doing them obsessively, they are likely not right for you. You have to be honest with yourself. If these tactics are more of a hassle for you, drop them like a hot potato! That's when it hurts a pink sway. Just my 2 cents on using these tactics while swaying.
    2012 (my sweetest little bug)

2013 Thank you Atomic Sagebrush and Gender Dreaming!

Link to my successful girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do stand by my original recommendation for pink swayers to avoid stuff like that but want to thank you for the time and effort you put into that and call attention for any BLUE swayers, I think you could absolutely benefit from following Babygirl4me's advice and program.

Focusing on gratitude - now that is different from visualization and interestingly I am working on something along these lines right now.I think it can def. be beneficial for pink swayers to focus on being satisfied with their life as it is and being grateful for that.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh yes please atomic that sounds nice. Maybe it helps with the obsessiveness? Well, not obsessive more like
    I get tunnel vision and I need to cool it lol
    I just peed in cup for OPk last night around 7 something and then again around 10 am today plus I will come 2:30 pm like regularly. Guess I'm feeling rejected by it!

DH said we will track what I'm eating normally and see where we need to adjust.
    He's even gonna make a spread sheet. Wow! He really wants a Girl!

Normally, and lately I've been peeved at him! Loosing his Wedding bands! Both a and the One we git cause he was affraid to wear the origional and thought he might loose it! We'll in April He Lost it! And didnt tell me till 2 weeks after! infact he didnt tell me I noticed it was gone and asked! Ugh! He said he was at work and noticed it was gone. it had been slipping a bit on his fingers (cause he lost so much weight) and after he lost it he felt bad and was trying to find it then work up courage to tell me! I told him I wasnt upset so much that he lost it like seriously he coyldce just said "Hon, im so sorry I misplaced my ring, it was coming loose and now I cant find it". That I would've understood! I honestly could see he was feeling bad about it and possibly embarrassed. Always tired, hiding things from me like bills he couldn't pay ( last year) cause the unemployment checks werent being deposited (unemployment really screwed up and DH didnt say anything) and he WON'T stand up to in-laws cause he avoids confrontation! I Had to kick FIL out of the house cause he was attacking us verbally aNd then Just at DS first birthday I Was the one to throw Mil,FIl,Sil's and the one's husband out! They were Acting horrid! The cousins were Beating on DS's toys about knocking DS over! Kicking our Grandfather clock and throwing shoes! Remarks were made and DS was offered Chex Mix! Oh and to top it off THEY Fed DS his First Bite of Cake and made sure I Knew it! Who does this? DH was Hurt by this! We both where! He just scooped up DS when he saw him about to cry. Turned out The kids were Horribly ill (they were cruddy supposedly just came from their Dads) We all got sooo sick! And poor DS who was just getting over his 1st real illness! He was having fevers but nothing like the crud we all got!
    Mil acts like nothing happend but hadn't sent me an e-mail since! She normally would be bugging me by two days later a week at max! We stopped by at Easter they were in Shock! no one spoke to me but DS was offered Jelly Beans! The cousins ( one of DH's sisters twins ( he has two younger twin sisters one of which had a boy/girl twins a yr before us) sat playing with Their Easter baskets. DS didn't get one. You could cut the tension with a knife DS hung on to me didn't want down! time (when we were first married he hid a letter from his mom which put me down and said something creepy like " Doesn't know what her problem is She had a lovely wedding and if she could've changed his mind. Imagine I'm caressing your cheek! What? Ewww) and All shed ever say was she was still recouping from SIL wedding (who decided to get married a yr before us in the month we picked! She's now divorced)

Im pretty sure he feels he needs to be "the man" as his Dad is a presence and his mom is writen off as a Ditz (whoa, shes manipulative) So, I now am the one naking sure bills are paid and hes gotten better thanks to that.
    Also had caught him masterbating to pictures not of me in the past (lol don't care about that too much anymore lol)
    He's asking how often he should ahem* take care of himself?

Honestly, we don't usually have sex. I'm just not in the mood. I NEVER was very sexual to begin with. Didn't feel very sexy. My libido sucks.

His concern about me changing diet or going vegan right away is I don't know where I stand now with (calories or anything other then usually only coffee for breakfast unless out with parents Saturday morning) and I might get lost and frustrated without a plan.

Think this help my sway?
    Last edited by Alicewonder; June 5th, 2013 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Just wanted to try and clear up things cause DH wasn't really explained.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Alice I read this but just doing quick q's right now, bump this if I forget to come back to it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh ok, I just edited what I wrote I hope it's clearer now. Dh is a great guy, his family is less then stellar and he's been noticing this since I got pregnant. There was this one point he got ticked at them for pushing their agenda. His mom kept saying she was soo worried I would have DS and not tell them! Ridiculous! Turns out they were hard as nails to get ahold if when I went into labor.

DH is actually a sweetheart it's just I could bop him one now and again for stupid stuff! Lol
    I feel bad about the In-laws but if they aren't gonna be supportive why should we even bother? Poor DH. He really likes my family though.

We were gonna go see his family but his mom sent a manipulative birthday card whining! So we don't want her to think that's the reason and reward her bad behavior.

Anyway, I just wanted to explain.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bump for Atomic

Ugh, as of yesterday still no +opk thinking frustration is probably cause testosterone to rise.
    Last edited by Alicewonder; June 8th, 2013 at 12:46 PM.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for posting! I was planning on doing an EGS on IG, most likely with LE diet. I just showed it to hubby and asked, do you think this is too much? He read through it and told me he would rather do that. To him it seems less stressful (on our relationship). We have a beautiful failed sway (he's 5 now) that put a lot of pressure on our relationship. There wasn't much information around at that time about swaying. The only thing I really did was Mg and Calcium supplements. I think I drank peppermint tea, but I'm not sure. We eat a very friendly boy diet, so it's no wonder I have all boys. Do you think the EGS is too much? I can't say that I'd let DH do all the work with the sciencey stuff. I loved biology and chemistry class, and I'm too controlling to trust that he would do it right. Also, I'm in the military and a pilot in civilian life. Are any of girl friendly supplements anything I need to worry about drug tests (there's a lot of restrictions in both fields so I'm a bit concerned) - totally off topic I know.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast