Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Weight loss in pregnancy?

I'm not pregnant yet but this extra weight is making me nuts.

A lot of my clothes aren't fitting and I am getting very self conscious. I think I have gained about 5 lbs. I feel it in my arms, so my shirts don't fit and my butt so my pants are getting tighter. I had an extra 20lbs on me to start with so this is so frustrating.

Someone tell me its ok to lose weight once you are pregnant. I have always been a piggie during pregnancy but if I get a bfp this time around, its healthy, healthy, healthy for me.

My Gender Dreaming

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your doctor would not recommend losing weight once you are pregnant but sometimes it just happens especially in the first trimester due to feeling too sick to eat. Eating healthy is the best thing you can do. I know how you feel i put on 15kgs while i was swaying for 10 months so i was pretty much the same weight when i got my bfp as when i was 9 months pregnant with DD. Im not going to let it bother me and i will work hard to get my body back after birth. I was telling everyone i was on a boy diet so fingers crossed we have a boy to show after all that haha.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, it is not ok under any circumstances and I even have a part in my blue custom plans telling people to continue eating higher nutrients into pg (for boys). Boys need more nutrients from the moment of conception and they are more fragile - 140-160 boys are conceived for every 100 girls and so many more are miscarried that the number drops to 106-100 at birth. It doesn't make any sense to do all this to conceive a boy and then not give him every shot at making it.

It DOES happen and I don't want anyone to worry if you are one of the ones who did accidentally lose some weight while pg, but as long as you're trying to keep weight on, that's a different scenario to someone actively trying to lose weight while pg.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; November 13th, 2012 at 12:30 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with the above. No way no how. Sure, eat healthy, but you still have to gain weight. Not necessarily a lot - only 2-3 pounds in the first tri, but after that it's important to gain sufficient weight so baby won't be malnourished or underweight.

Even severely obese women need to gain some weight. Less than someone lighter, but they still need to gain for the baby.

Sorry, but it's just one of those sacrifices we make (along with stretch marks and oh so lovely damage *down there*!) for the sake of a healthy baby. In the long run it's worth it to give baby the best chance it has, right?
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know you ladies are right.

I am running out of clothes that fit and if I could jump into maternity clothes, that would be great, but until then....I feel people I know looking at me too.
    I am not a super fit person but I make a big effort to stay fit enough so I feel the curious eyes on me when I am chit chatting with a neighbor or a friend....ugh, I know this will be worth it if I get a healthy baby, regardless of gender, but it is getting frustrating to be gaining weight with no good 'obvious' reason.

Thanks for the feedback, it helps tremendously. DH keeps telling me I look fine, but I know how men operate, they fear for their lives so they tell us what we want to hear.

My Gender Dreaming

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you thought about starting up some weight training? You're TTC blue anyways, so putting on some muscle would keep the weight down, increase your T to sway blue, and burn some fat.

Plus, after birth it would be much easier to get rid of the baby flab with the extra muscle.

Really, do consider it. We should all be getting regular exercise for our health anyways, and you're lucky to be swaying blue since moderate exercise will help your sway. And you'll also be slimmer even if you don't lose weight because muscle takes up much less room then an equal amount of fat.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I have increased and changed my exercise routine.

I was riding bikes or walking DD2 to and from school which is about 3 miles a day but I started lifting hand weights yesterday and walking at least 1-3 miles yesterday and today. We don't always walk or ride to school because of the weather.

I have high testosterone naturally, but the weights will help increase muscle like you said. I can do a hand weight workout and a good 1-3 mile walk everyday. I am not that busy right now.

Thanks for the encouragement, it helps so much.

My Gender Dreaming

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yikes, my baby isn't going to be healthy I guess because I lost 15 lbs when I got pregnant :-( Now I am worried....
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great! The walking is wonderful, but it's cardio and not really muscle building. I'm happy to see that you've added some weight work to your routine, that'll help! Keep going with that and you'll probably start to slim right back down without losing an ounce.

You don't even need much equipment - some of the most efficient strength building exercises are bodyweight only. Seriously, just add some pushups everyday - takes no time at all and it works your entire core and most of your upper body.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

early m/c Jan 2013

Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie85 View Post
    yikes, my baby isn't going to be healthy I guess because I lost 15 lbs when I got pregnant :-( Now I am worried....
    Oh, I wouldn't say that! Especially if you lost the weight in the first tri because of nausea/morning sickness. It's really in the latter half of the second tri and the third tri that you need to really make sure you gain weight for the baby. In the first tri it's very common to lose weight and nothing to worry about at all.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

early m/c Jan 2013

Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast