Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ugh i feel like the information is so conflicting. So what do you recommend for pink sway? Initially i was planning on eating more soy because it lowers testosterone but now seeing how it can sway blue makes me so nervous. Should i just leave it out??
    for just a healthy baby.

clomid 100mg 3-7 + Ovidrel trigger shot

ttc since September 2012

November 2013

February 2013

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Soy is still protein and protein can def. sway blue. As long as you're at 40-50 g of protein a day and no more then I think soy from time to time is fine for a pink sway, but soy has SO MUCH protein in it that you're not going to be able to eat much else that day!!

I think saw palmetto to lower testosterone, in addition to losing weight on a low protein, low cal, low fat diet are the best ways to lower T.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Think I'm asking this in the right thread...I'm a pink swayer on Vitex and was wondering if it's okay to eat tofu or other soy products sometimes (not the soy supps). I don't think I saw this question addressed but I apologize if it was. Thx!
    Jen + DH = & ... '08 & '10..........and hopefully 2012
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Suddenly surrounded by angels, we are honored and humbled to be the parents of our twins - 8wks and 16 wks (girl)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Ovulation Chart for a R A I N B O W in 2012

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Soy is still protein and protein can def. sway blue. As long as you're at 40-50 g of protein a day and no more then I think soy from time to time is fine for a pink sway, but soy has SO MUCH protein in it that you're not going to be able to eat much else that day!!

I think saw palmetto to lower testosterone, in addition to losing weight on a low protein, low cal, low fat diet are the best ways to lower T.
    Ok thank you so much this is what i needed to hear! Xx
    for just a healthy baby.

clomid 100mg 3-7 + Ovidrel trigger shot

ttc since September 2012

November 2013

February 2013

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Out of the Blue View Post
    Think I'm asking this in the right thread...I'm a pink swayer on Vitex and was wondering if it's okay to eat tofu or other soy products sometimes (not the soy supps). I don't think I saw this question addressed but I apologize if it was. Thx!
    Yes, you can still eat tofu/soy sauce/miso occasionally. The amount of isoflavones in the soy iso pills is much more highly concentrated than anything you can get via diet.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post

SHOULD DH TAKE SOY ISOFLAVONES? For a girl, having DH eat or take low levels of soy isoflavones (aim for 20 - 60 mg a day, diet and supps combined) is a good idea and may help lower his testosterone and sperm count.

For a boy, DH should NOT take or eat soy.
    In 2000, environmental estrogens, such as PCBs in fish, were cited as possibly lowering sperm count and possibly interfering with fertility (31). More recently, there was a lot of interest in a small pilot epidemiologic study showing that soy consumers had lower sperm concentrations than men who didn't eat soy (35). But for the most part, the men who consumed soy experienced an increase in semen volume, so that the concentration of sperm was lower - not the total number of sperm. And there were no implications for fertility, since sperm concentration seemed to decrease only among men who had above average sperm concentration to begin with.

In any event, small epi studies don't really tell us too much of anything. We can draw real conclusions only from clinical intervention studies. Three such studies have examined the impact of soy intake on sperm and semen, all with reassuring results:

In the first, British men took supplements that contained 40 milligrams of isoflavones (the amount in about 1 1/2 servings of traditional soyfoods) (32). There was no effect on sperm count or quality.

The other two studies have not yet been published but were presented at the 8th International Symposium on the Role of Soy in Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Prevention and Treatment (36). In one, Italian men were given much higher amounts of isoflavones - equaling four to twelve times what men in Japan typically eat. There was still no effect on sperm.

In the second unpublished study, Canadian researchers compared sperm production in men consuming soy protein to men consuming milk protein - and again, there were no differences in sperm concentration.

But for the most part, the men who consumed soy experienced an increase in semen volume, so that the concentration of sperm was lower - not the total number of sperm <<< would that still help sway girl? just basically makes it more watery? but sperm count remained the same

heres the website I got that from http://www.veganhealth.org/articles/soymessina
    Married for 20yrs, SAHM to 7 healthy boys and one surprise daughter(2021)

Sometimes God's plan is different than what you had in mind, but His plan is always better and He might surprise you later

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The vegans are highly motivated in making soy out to be totally harmless. But soy has been shown in studies to lower testosterone and bodybuilders who are the ones who are really testing out a lot of these things. won't touch the stuff because they've tried it and found that it reduces their muscle mass and makes them get higher estrogen (which would be good for those men who are TTC a girl - not ladies)

Either way, I think soy is still good for DH to eat for TTC a girl. If it lowers sperm count, great. If it makes semen more watery and you do a Jump and Dump and more of it falls out taking more sperm with it, that's great too.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; August 14th, 2011 at 10:35 AM.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    so either way its still okay, thanks
    Married for 20yrs, SAHM to 7 healthy boys and one surprise daughter(2021)

Sometimes God's plan is different than what you had in mind, but His plan is always better and He might surprise you later

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I went out and bought some "soy isoflavone conentrate" 50 mg pills. Then I read the back and it says:

soy isoflavone concentrate: 50 mg
    (40% isoflavones = 20 mg)

So how many pills should I take? Are 2 pills equal to 100 mg or do I need to take 5 pills to hit 100 mg?
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are soy isoflavones ok to take if you are BFing a toddler? If I end up with a BFN this cycle, I am thinking of trying them (hoping for twins!)
    Supermom to DS1 (1996) & DS2 (2009) & DS3 (2013) & my HT beauty DD4 (2015)
    -=-=-
    • Failed sway attempt in 2012... read my girl sway
    • HT cycle #1 HRC June 2014: 13 eggs, 12 mature, 12 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 5 normals (3XX/2XY) - transferred 1XX HEB AB... 4dp6dt BFP!!! HB 125bpm seen 6w3d
    • FET cycle #1 HRC Dec 2016: PUPO with DD5!! BFP POAS 4dp6dt!!! 1XX HB AA <3 <3 <3

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast