Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Flava View Post
    ELP what is this calcium "may actually" help ? Now it helps or not? I was also thinking it was for ttc pink?
    It's to do with the TW approach mainly, that more of all nutrients sways boy I am still eating calcium. I think one of the main studies AS uses the 'You are what your mother eats' showed that women with higher calcium actually conceived more boys, I'll see if I can find a link for you

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i don't know...I was eating lot's of joghurt and cheese and got girls...
    But find this interesting in the study :

"We went on to test whether particular foods were associated with infant sex. Data of the 133 food items from our food frequency questionnaire were analysed, and we also performed additional analyses using broader food groups. Prior to pregnancy, breakfast cereal, but no other item, was strongly associated with infant sex (Wald Χ2=8.2, p=0.004). Women producing male infants consumed more breakfast cereal than those with female infants (figure 1). The odds ratio for a male infant was 1.87 (95% CI 1.31, 2.65) for women who consumed at least one bowl of breakfast cereal daily compared with those who ate less than or equal to one bowlful per week. No other foods were significantly associated with infant sex (given the multiplicity of testing, p≤0.01 was considered significant), and was also true for the broader food categories. During later pregnancy, breakfast cereal consumption remained considerably higher among mothers of males (Wald Χ2=4.0, p=0.04). There were no differences for any other foods. Our data did not permit us to examine the consumption of breakfast per se, but breakfast cereal is the main food eaten for breakfast in the UK and is only rarely consumed at other times of day. "

Now is this says they all eat cereal for breakfast for sure or that they eat breakfast for sure but they don't know if it was cereal or other food?
    +1

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't get it about the Seltzer Water ? I thought it's for ttc boy but I see it on the ttc girl list? I was also thinking club soda and seltzer water is the same thing??So I did some search and looks like only different is club soda has sodium in it and seltzer not.Now I have no idea where to buy club soda the only thing I can get is publix seltzer water and this is what we drink with DH .Problem is the pH is 4.3 only! But we give up all soda drinking and we just need something bubbly drink , especially DH. Our water pH is 6.5 but we don't drink water much at all...I make the green tea and drink that from the water.
    Also have no clue where to get the other waters from the list!? I guess i will order some pH drops and try it if I see any different in pH because so far i don't see any from diet and sups.
    Seltzer water and club soda are not the same. Club soda has baking soda in it and seltzer is just carbonated water and carbonation is believed to be slightly acidifying.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i don't know...I was eating lot's of joghurt and cheese and got girls...
    But find this interesting in the study :

"We went on to test whether particular foods were associated with infant sex. Data of the 133 food items from our food frequency questionnaire were analysed, and we also performed additional analyses using broader food groups. Prior to pregnancy, breakfast cereal, but no other item, was strongly associated with infant sex (Wald Χ2=8.2, p=0.004). Women producing male infants consumed more breakfast cereal than those with female infants (figure 1). The odds ratio for a male infant was 1.87 (95% CI 1.31, 2.65) for women who consumed at least one bowl of breakfast cereal daily compared with those who ate less than or equal to one bowlful per week. No other foods were significantly associated with infant sex (given the multiplicity of testing, p≤0.01 was considered significant), and was also true for the broader food categories. During later pregnancy, breakfast cereal consumption remained considerably higher among mothers of males (Wald Χ2=4.0, p=0.04). There were no differences for any other foods. Our data did not permit us to examine the consumption of breakfast per se, but breakfast cereal is the main food eaten for breakfast in the UK and is only rarely consumed at other times of day. "

Now is this says they all eat cereal for breakfast for sure or that they eat breakfast for sure but they don't know if it was cereal or other food?
    First - about the calcium, I feel that nutrients across the boards sway blue and lower nutrients sway pink because of the TW hypothesis. This was corroborated by the Oxford study which found higher intakes of calcium AND sodium/potassium amongst moms that went onto conceive boys.

Also, full fat dairy has been shown to boost fertility and everything that boosts fertility seems to sway blue.

I ate tons of yogurt and cheese with all four boys, drank milk by the gallon with my first two boys, and I was swaying with my 4th boy, so calcium cannot be any kind of magic bullet. If it sways, it's easily counteracted by other factors.

Re - breakfast, Fiona Matthews, the lady who did the Oxford study, believes it's eating breakfast that sways and not breakfast cereal itself. But since it ~may~ sway and it's boy-friendly anyway, I think it's good to include cereal in a boy sway.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ELP View Post
    It's to do with the TW approach mainly, that more of all nutrients sways boy I am still eating calcium. I think one of the main studies AS uses the 'You are what your mother eats' showed that women with higher calcium actually conceived more boys, I'll see if I can find a link for you
    Thank you!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Seltzer water and club soda are not the same. Club soda has baking soda in it and seltzer is just carbonated water and carbonation is believed to be slightly acidifying.
    just my luck where do I buy club soda??? I have only valmart publix and winn-dixie close to us and they don't sell club soda. Even the seltzer water is only in publix. But I would drive somewhere and stuck up on club soda if I can just find a store that sell it.help?
    +1

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Everywhere should have club soda, club soda is WAY more common than seltzer here. I have to drive everywhere to find seltzer. It might be in a different section of the store, with the things you mix alcoholic drinks here. Ours is beside the chips usually, they have a little section that has Schweppes brand club soda.

Publix, Walmart, and Winn Dixie all make a store brand of club soda in addition to the Schweppes kind so if you just ask at your local store they will help you find them. If worse comes to worse and you really can't find it anywhere, they also have it at liquor stores.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    lol looks like it's the other way around here! We have seltzer but no club soda at all!!! Im going to see the liquor store it's the only place left to check. Anyway if no club soda I just add the ph dropes I ordered to higher the ph of teh seltzer. I guess that will work, right?
    +1

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, that will work or you can mix BS into it or juice. It's really good and makes you almost forget about pop and beer...almost!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast