Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscarriage?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Miscarriage?

So I'm 5 wks pregnant, but started to bleed today. very light pink tinted mucus. Do you think this is a M/C? what is a chemical?? same thing as M/C?? has anyone else had spotting and bleeding but had a full term pregnancy??

what other signs should I be looking for?? back pain, fever?? i'm a little bit nervous..and feel really guilty for having major regrets about this pregnancy..please help!
    Last edited by Wishing4Princess; December 11th, 2012 at 12:05 AM.
    2008 2010
    praying and swaying for a

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't feel guilty. None of your thoughts would have affected the pregnancy or the outcome.

I had lots of spotting my last pregnancy , I know it didnt have a happy ending but it was unrelated to the spotting which they had checked a few times. And found no cause for other than cervical irritation.

Is it a full bleed or just mucous?
    I do wonder why they never checked my progesterone last time (mine was very low this time and treated). So there's always that option
    Mommy to DS1 (3) DS2 (1 1/2) angel baby DD lost at 20 weeks (5/12) and another angel baby DD at 17 weeks due to ??? (12/12)

Next option will be HT eventually...

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had 5 m/c. Oddly enough, I had light bleeding or spotting in the early to mid first trimester with both my DDs, who ended up being full term births without complications. I've never had a single drop of bleeding or spotting with any of my non-viable pregnancies.
    Of course, bleeding *can* be the first sign of a loss, and it's always worrying. It can also be a sign of low progesterone, which can be supplemented.
    If I were you, I'd call my ob or midwife and see if I could go in for an early u/s. Seeing a h/b (or at least, an appropriately developed sac) can be incredibly reassuring at this point. I'd also ask for betas, and for my progesterone to be tested. I think early bleeding is really common, and not necessarily a sign of a problem at all, but it is comforting to know more about what's going on inside your body. If it's something treatable like low progesterone, it's good to get the treatment, and in my opinion, if it *is* going to be a loss, it's easier to know this sooner rather than later.
    A chemical pregnancy is a pregnancy that ends before the fetus/gestational sac is large enough to be seen on ultrasound. If you are 5 weeks, you might still be in that time period, or you might be far enough along to see a sac/yok sac. I think it's worth checking, but you should think about what would be most comforting or reassuring for you.
    I'm that your baby is going to be okay--early bleeding is so worrying, but doesn't necessarily mean that there's any real problem at all.
    our perfect family:

(8) (5) (almost one)

thank you to atomic for helping make my dreams come true

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah a chemical is just a very early m/c I hope it stops and is nothing to worry about.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have had bleeding with my second, blood not even tinted, and it was not a miscarriage, he is 3 years now
    Dont worry too much, take som rest. You should not blame yourself for any thoughts, crossing fingers for you...
    Happy mom of two beautiful boyz
    2007 2009

Prayed and Swayed 2013 (PP)
    My babygirl was born 19 april 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have had spotting with 3 and heavy bleeding with clots with one. All came out healthy and full term, except like pp said my angel son I had nothing no spotting at all. Best thing is to go back to the doctor for hcg tests. Hope you have a sticky bean
    Hoping for a pink rainbow!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes same here. Ironically when I did lose the baby I had no bleeding (missed m/c)
    Mommy to DS1 (3) DS2 (1 1/2) angel baby DD lost at 20 weeks (5/12) and another angel baby DD at 17 weeks due to ??? (12/12)

Next option will be HT eventually...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had spotting off/on for all of my last pregnancy. Scared the crap out of me, let me tell you! It was pink and sometimes brown and smeary, but never red and more mucousy than flow.

Try not to worry too much (I know, easier said than done) and if it does turn out to be an early m/c, please don't feel guilty. There's nothing you could've done to prevent it and sometimes the egg just isn't meant to be.

Stay off your feet as much as you can and don't do any exercise until the spotting stops entirely. I wouldn't worry too much unless you start getting AF like cramps or red menstrual-like flow, in which case definitely go see your dr.

FX it goes away!
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. It's not necessarily over yet but obviously not a good sign.

I had a full 5 day AF with DS 4 and spotting thru the first tri with him and he is almost 3. I know dozens of people who had bleeding, way more than just spotting, and went onto have a healthy pg.

A chemical is just a very early loss, typically before you even miss a period.

I would prob. not have sex and try to rest as much as is possible. If you can get in to see a doc, they may offer prog support but many doctors don't believe it helps and won't see you until you're 10-12 weeks along.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you ladies for your response. so today I'm still bleeding. it looks like the start of AF..a bit darker than last night..a light brown/red color but only when i wipe . I havent had any cramping yet, but feeling lousy, like i'm coming down w/ a cold. I will make an appointment to see an OB and keep you posted.
    2008 2010
    praying and swaying for a

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast