Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    yes low for pink, thank you I will correct
    Atomic, I know this is a bit old (and I am incessant on here)... if I am having a girl, should I be concerned that my husband does have a low sperm count? Or is my extremely-thorough-yet-unintentional pink sway what really resulted in getting a girl?

I know there's no sure way, but I had gone through alot of GD and hurt my husband with "You couldn't give me a son" comments when I was really low, before happening upon swaying and realizing, "Oh wait, it might have been all me -- maybe I have some control here!"

Seeing that makes me nervous again; and I imagine that sperm count isn't *really* measured in semen amount, right? He varies from "tons" to "little bits," but I imagine that would happen to do with release (which I have yet to keep super good track of)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would definitely not assume anything about your DH's sperm count based on any of that. It is normal for semen volume to fluctuate.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

3. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lindi View Post
    I am really staring to see that people's bodies are set along a varying spectrum of gender-friendliness- some people's natural state just has the right chemistry for one or the other, and for some people, overcoming that chemistry is very very difficult, and there are no 100% known, studied, for sure ways of doing this anyways. Great essay! Thanks!
    I very much agree, though I do think that 99% of couples could successfully sway pink eventually.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that you were doing a lot to sway pink that's for sure.

If you ahven't had a sperm analysis, you know nothing, Jon Snow. We had a member who was havign trouble conceiving and her hubby went in for SA and he gave a massive sample of semen that had barely any living sperm in it, and sadly I once watched an episode of Jackass against my will, where they had SA done and I think (keeping in mind I have tried to black this from my memory completely) the guy with the smallest sample had the highest sperm count. Never let it be said that I leave any stone unturned in my quest for information for my beloved swayers. There is no reliable correlation between sperm count and semen amoutn.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Never worry about digging up the old threads, I like keeping them going so they are all as chock full of info as possible. There's nothing worse than forums where there are 7000 posts on the same topic and you have to read all of them to get the gist.

8. Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    bump

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Trying to read this as often as possible lol

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12